Sign in to follow this  
John Githens

Newbie wants to re-use Description and Keywords when re-submitting a video file that was "not approved"

I would like to avoid entering a Description and Keywords before submitting again. Maybe this is a website design feature, not a flaw.

As a first-time Shutterstock Contributor, the learning curve is steep when finding inadequate and incorrect online Help documentation, instances of terminology ambiguity, and pages that are casually mentioned but not titled with the same term. My first submission was "not approved" (which apparently is NOT the same meaning as "Rejected"). I have corrected the video file and used ftp to upload. Eventually the file appeared as an item in the "Content Editor" that is often referred to in documentation, but is not actually titled as "Content Editor" on the page. OK, so I'm ranting a bit.

So...  am I required to re-enter my previously-used Description (no copying was possible from the last submission...), and re-search and enter the previously-used Keywords before pressing the red Submit button?

I've been able to copy both the description and keywords from the "rejected" page. Click on the file to see what you used. The description, I highlight the text, copy and paste. The keywords I get by clicking "copy keywords".

It's advisable to copy and paste the description and keywords into a word document before you submit a photo or video. That way, you keep a record and can quickly copy and paste again if need be. I note that for photos in particular, some people have text embedded into the images themselves.