Where have all the titles to images gone?  I thought they used to be uploaded in still images but when looking through my and others portfolios I don't see any titles, only descriptions. Did Shutterstock do away with all the titles? I take a lot of time to use up the 200 characters available which is a combination of title and description. But after I upload I only see the characters my descriptions counted. 

Why is Shutterstock deleting or not uploading the titles I invested so much time in?

I use photoshop elements to put my metadata in file Info.

Some sites separate out titles from description, others do not. How do I make it so all my titles are used? Am I going to have to just cut and paste my titles in before beginning of description in Shutterstock in order to use all my 200 characters? Or are the titles being used somehow just without anyone seeing them?

If I put title in Title field and Title at start of description in meta data Info before uploading to get title in 200 characters allowed, I will most likely be deleting it from a lot of other sites or doing a lot of cutting and pasting.

Any thoughts on how to solve this? Or insight into Shutterstocks thoughts on Titles? Thanks

Titles and descriptions are one in the same for SS. Use the description field when embedding metadata, then when you upload it should be fine. Titles attached to you images will not be uploaded to SS. 

If you use Stocksubmitter to upload to all your sites, you have the ability to switch the title/description for those sites you want too. That might be your solution if you still have problems.

2 hours ago, paula french said:

I've just looked at one of your images and the description is clearly visible, not sure what you mean by title?  Do you mean the original file name?

I guess I'm old fashioned in that I view a title different than a description. It's separated in my file meta data so I have always strived to make them nice. I consider the Title a short overview of the subject I would limit to about 5 words.

Then I would write the Description by going into more detail with sentences describing the image.

I saw the Description I wrote but could not find the Title as I described it. So now I will put it all together in Description meta data from now on.

2 hours ago, Linda Bestwick said:

Titles and descriptions are one in the same for SS. Use the description field when embedding metadata, then when you upload it should be fine. Titles attached to you images will not be uploaded to SS. 

If you use Stocksubmitter to upload to all your sites, you have the ability to switch the title/description for those sites you want too. That might be your solution if you still have problems.

Okay, I will put my title in as a longer description now instead. Thank you.

I use picworkflow to upload a lot of my work.

3 hours ago, paula french said:

I've just looked at one of your images and the description is clearly visible, not sure what you mean by title?  Do you mean the original file name?

Paula, You have some wonderful images and you might want to check the spelling on some of your descriptions. I find myself doing the same thing occasionally. I found a few of your descriptions with misspelled words that might affect sales. For example, "Close up of a xollared wild, A pack of African Wild Gogs (Painted Dogs) Lycaon pictus dog". I am not even sure how this got through and got accepted. 

22 hours ago, Michael Warwick said:

Paula, You have some wonderful images and you might want to check the spelling on some of your descriptions. I find myself doing the same thing occasionally. I found a few of your descriptions with misspelled words that might affect sales. For example, "Close up of a xollared wild, A pack of African Wild Gogs (Painted Dogs) Lycaon pictus dog". I am not even sure how this got through and got accepted. 

Thanks - I'll have a look and amend!!