¿Are these photos similars?

First two seem different enough to me, last two, not.

I applaud SS for getting tough on submission of too many similars, although it looks as if the pendulum has swung too far to the other side for now. (See Whieester's thread

Wish they would require spammers to go and clean up their port next.

Thank you Tony. 

I see your point of view. However, in my opinion, each photo expresses different meanings. For example, the second photo would have the "night" keyword and the third photo the "fantasy" keyword. Additionally I have added textures to the third photo to emphasize the concept of fantasy. Is not only a matter of color.

I also applaud SS for taking a stand against similars (next step would be to clean up the accepted ports, but that is harder to do & requires much more time.  It can be automated though!)

Re 4 images above.  Are they similars?   I can see it both ways.   Yes, end customer absolutely can change color -- but:  Can they be bothered? Do they except 'finished' product?  Do they know how to do it? etc.  This is argument for submitting them, as each color captures different mood.  On the other side, it opens HUGE avenue to anyone reading this thread to start doing the same.  How many color combinations are there in the color palette?  Multiply by number of images in the port and you get the spam potential.   So, if I was reviewer, I'd probably lean towards considering them similar enough for rejection. 

This would probably need official policy from SS if it doesn't exist already. 

You have a very beautiful portfolio, why would you compromise it with these images. You know what's the right answer. Besides, you already have this dainty forest top image in monochrome several times with small variations, wider, tighter.

It is you who have to decide, worst-case scenario is they will be rejected but most of the time they accept everything.

2 hours ago, Autumn Sky Photography said:

I also applaud SS for taking a stand against similars (next step would be to clean up the accepted ports, but that is harder to do & requires much more time.  It can be automated though!)

Re 4 images above.  Are they similars?   I can see it both ways.   Yes, end customer absolutely can change color -- but:  Can they be bothered? Do they except 'finished' product?  Do they know how to do it? etc.  This is argument for submitting them, as each color captures different mood.  On the other side, it opens HUGE avenue to anyone reading this thread to start doing the same.  How many color combinations are there in the color palette?  Multiply by number of images in the port and you get the spam potential.   So, if I was reviewer, I'd probably lean towards considering them similar enough for rejection. 

This would probably need official policy from SS if it doesn't exist already. 

It allready exist. In the guidelines is clearly mentioned that applying just different color filters is spamming.

The rules say "subtle" variations, so that seems to be subjective. A lot of black and whites sell, though the buyer can change the color version if he/she pleases... but they like the black and white. IMO, different tints can convey a significantly different mood that wouldn't be obvious to a buyer without actually seeing it. As "prestigious" as SS is, I would think most buyers would want a finished product, ready for their text or direct usage. Too many others to choose from not to. 

The discussion ended 8/9 Years ago when it began Guys. we Pleaded with them to do something and at that time they easily could have and They didn't Just Like Now. Every now and then is what we have,pick and choose for a rejection?? sorry that ain't gonna do anything. This WAS a "Comes from the top decision" and it wasn't made,Period. Cannot Blame reviewers. way to Late folks. it would take a army of people a year to find them and another army a year or longer to do something about it. This issue in My Opinion Has caused Huge sales issues along with the Horrible watermark issue which is also to Late and too little done By The Top..Along with where we are Now and been coming again for 5 Good years without a break of acceptance policies.

All Ya need is One Instead of 7 Out of 10 to get in was again in My opinion [And a Lot of others] a very Bad mistake. even for SS. Thats gonna be looked at in 10 years if it's still around.as the beginning of what has become a amateur/Hobby/factory  dominated site. Come one ,come all no talent required and if so?. then OFFset should open there gates and relax the acceptance there. And actually start curating better with less trends that are Over by the time there submitted.. I watch what Bruce Livingstons site does More than anywhere.Fresh, Clean,New and Young cutting edge. and of course there not Paying 25 to 38 cents either and it shows.Taste is not for sale.

It's about SS Guys and the shareholders. has nothing to do with us. wonder where we would all be today if the IPO never happened?

Suggest you guys go beat another dead Horse. LOL