LEOSS78

PHOTO OUT OF FOCUS ISSUE

Hi All,

May I know why these 3 photos of mine are out of focus, they are clear and not blur to me, I don't understand, pls enlighten me, thanks.

Regards,

Leo

05152015 Tapioca Fries Paya Lebar Square Kopitiam.JPG

06242016 Indian Pancake Prata Raya AMK HUB outlet.JPG

11062016 Mum Speciality Duck Soup Home.JPG

Agree #1 is way to soft. Maybe you need glasses? other 2 agree. Poorly done But the way things are going lately.......? probably Best sellers. I don't care anymore. Food styling even the smallest amount Is pretty Important. the One with the sauce is a mess and the Other? Really doesn't make me want some of whatever that is and thats the entire purpose of food work.. sorry.Why there OOF? could be many.many reasons. And I would venture to say , your knowledge of DOF and distance from subject as per F-stop used..

I concur with previous comments. Number one is massively out of focus. the other two are over-sharpened. Do you think your images would work successfully as appetizers? I'm no longer hungry. Lol...

Reviewer was spot on.   Fries on 1st pic are way out of focus, even when seen like this probably worse on 100%.   3rd is downright awful;  was having lunch when I saw it & totally lost appetite.  

If you want to submit food pics, examine many, many professional photos in SS library first.  Tasteful, white background, etc -- and never, ever sharpen your images.  Leave that to end customer.  

Just like your angry strawberry cake, whatever post processing you're doing with these pictures, it doesn't work. Is it one of the filters in filter gallery in Photoshop?

17 hours ago, LEOSS78 said:

May I know why these 3 photos of mine are out of focus, they are clear and not blur to me, I don't understand, pls enlighten me, thanks.

No they are not clear, as discussed above the rejections are appropriate.  Sorry but if this is the standard of your images you really need to work on your camera technique and then how to process them properly before you expect to make money from this business. 

I'll hijack the thread to ask Forum question about my food photo. 

I have 0 (zero) food photos in my port.  Basically not my thing + way too much competition.   This shot is my lunch at Oceanside Pier Fish & Chips  ($8.50 US).

oceansidefishandchips.thumb.jpg.51fec7162788d478fc28612b52f780b4.jpg

I took it for Facebook,   point & click Sony Rx 100.  I never uploaded it for stock.  Just don't like too many things (blue 'honeycomb' table background,  white paper cut, etc).  Food is sharp though.  Pic is unprocessed.

Question: Would you submit it to SS, or would you say "Don't bother"?

Thanks all for yr comments, now I know where the issues are.

Have a great day,bye.

Hi all again,

I just feel some ppl / media will appreciate simplicity in my food/drink photos so I'll be able to earn some $$$.