Sign in to follow this  
Panny Shutterstock

Announcing new “Status Flags” on the submission page

Hello Everyone,

A few months ago, we announced upcoming improvements to the submission page. Today, we are releasing one of these new features called Status Flags, which will be applied to an asset highlighting when it is ready to be submitted. These new flags will appear as you add details to your assets as follows:

• Blue check mark - your image or clip meets the minimum requirements for submission
  • Yellow exclamation mark - you may have missed a required field (like description or category), or one of your keywords is misspelled
  • Illustration - you have checked the illustration box
  • Editorial - you have checked the editorial box
  • Releases (#) - you attached one or more model or property releases
  • Note - you added a note for the review team
  • Nudity/R-rated - you acknowledged there’s nudity in the asset

This new feature will be rolled out gradually in the coming days, so all of you may not see the new experience at the same time. 

We hope this update will assist you and ultimately save you time when submitting content.

As always, we thank you for your continued commitment and feedback as we work on creating a more positive experience. 

Thanks,
Panny

What you did was very good! There may always be gaps that were coming to light when the cadres were submitted for consideration. With these new features, gaps will be removed before submitting and will save time. Useful!

I appreciate the flags. The problem is that this update seems to have broken something about the HTTP submission process. I can edit descriptions, categories, and keywords just fine. The flags give me blue circle with a checkmark inside. I use the "multii-slect" button to select all of my photos, I then submit the photos and the submit button grays out, and after some time the submit button comes back to bright red.

The photos stay put on the submit page, and none show up on my pending page. This had worked until just now, so something must have gotten broken in the updating process.

Thanks for checking into this.

5 minutes ago, Matylda Laurence said:

Richard had this happen before these new updates. I click onto the pending file then back to the submit page and usually they have gone and are sitting in the pending file.

No, this is the first time I have not been able to submit my photos for hours. As of now, it has been more than 4 hours since I first tried today, and as of now it still does not work. I have had 649 photos accepted since November, and they all came through this route without any trouble  plus all of the ones that were rejected, so more than 1000.

Hi @Richard L. Bowman Thanks for bringing this to our attention. Please let me know if the issue remains and in the meantime I will let the Tech Team know.

For the other folks here, please let me know if you had experienced the same.

Thanks,

Alex

6 hours ago, Mirco Vacca said:

I am sure he is getting hundreds of emails per day. Answering them all would make him a receptionist :wub:

@Mirco Vacca you nailed it!! :)

Sorry folks if I missed some of your messages. I am here and I will get your cases/messages as soon as I can.

@Laurin Rinder I replied to your personal messages but other than that I haven't received anything else. PM me and send them over to me again.

Best,

Alex

On 4/25/2018 at 2:43 AM, Red Confidential said:

Just seen it.

Will this feature be available on the Android app as well?

Thanks Penny

@Red Confidential  This feature is not available on the Android app yet. However we are looking forward to implementing new functionalities for the Android app in the future.

Thanks, 

Panny 

On 5/2/2018 at 7:20 AM, Roman Demkiv said:

I like it!

Would you like to create separate topic for contributors suggestions?  I think you could hear a lot of useful ideas. But I also assume that many ideas are sent directly to the support team.

They have always been there. Contributors have given/offered many, many suggestions. SS does monitor the forum but I don't recall ever a reply from SS indicating "good suggestion; we will do that; look for it soon".