Alex Shutterstock

Removing Watermarks from Image Search Results

Hello Everyone,

As of this morning, we are beginning to deploy a change that will be removing watermarks from thumbnails on the search results page.

This change is meant to provide a better customer experience and drive more downloads of the assets customers are searching for. Please be aware that this change will only occur on the search results page, so only for thumbnails that are 260px tall. The watermarks will remain on any larger previews and individual content pages.

IyG4b_R5Gizq2vj6QYEQqV0HQOANgBdI2MIAZH0d

We look forward to seeing this help customers in their search for images and result in more downloads for our contributors!

Thanks,

Alex

exactly.And been proven Many times over and over I can remove any watermarks, And so Can a 10 year Old in china making t shirts to sell to tourists on Islands that cruise ships go to. And 250 is big enough for a Crummy T shirt. or refrigerator magnet or a 100 other things. Been there and seen them.Nice that they care But ....someday the folks that make these decisions regarding "OUR" work should perhaps walk a Mile in our shoes.I've never in 13 Years heard of any staff person who submits.

Alex, if you would have posted that all upload issues are solved once and for all and the review staff were all on the same page. we would have applauded. No thanks to this post .One of these days SS is gonna wake up and smell the coffee.And the staff there is someday gonna do what we do and then and only then will things work Like at least every other site Out there for gods sake. Geeeeeez. what is it with SS? the time it takes to do it again and again we could have uploaded to our other sites....YES....there are other sites that work the first time.Sorry....Just Being Honest. What a concept.

1 hour ago, Laurin Rinder said:

Alex, if you would have posted that all upload issues are solved once and for all and the review staff were all on the same page. we would have applauded. No thanks to this post .One of these days SS is gonna wake up and smell the coffee.And the staff there is someday gonna do what we do and then and only then will things work Like at least every other site Out there for gods sake. Geeeeeez. what is it with SS? the time it takes to do it again and again we could have uploaded to our other sites....YES....there are other sites that work the first time.Sorry....Just Being Honest. What a concept.

Agree!!! I submitted two batches of editorial images. One batch went through, no problem. The second batch rejected for editorial caption. The format and information was perfect; not my first rodeo. I wasted an hour of my day that I have to do all over again and hope to get a reviewer who knows the score.

or maybe you could care about websites like this instead of making stealing even easier:   shutterstock-downloader.com

don´t know if the website works at the moment but there is a tool for some time now that downloads high-res SS images without a watermark.

there are videos on youtube how to do it.

THAT is what SS should focus on.

not removing even more of the small protection our artwork has.

i don´t see the reason to remove the watermark. how does that help clients?

the preview watermark is pretty much unobtrusive anyway.

A significant retrograde step in my opinion. There is scarcely a week that goes by without some new post being put in these forums regarding the theft and plagiarism of a loyal contributor's images. This change just makes that particular problem worse. 260px tall images do have uses and hence some commercial value. As custodians of our work, I would have hoped for more from SS.