Sign in to follow this  
mark stephens photography

What am I doing wrong/ Model release

I have submitted a photo of my wife with a bird sitting on her head twice now, both times rejected because a need for a model release. Both times I've attached the below release, what's wrong with it? I haven't submitted many releases and am obviously doing something wrong. What? Thank you for any all help....

elissa and bird.jpg

20180310-750_8838.jpg

You need to have a different witness than  yourself.

Also, the date signed by the model is not clear. The year does not look like 18, it could have been 16 but really isn't any clear number. It needs to match the date the witness signed.

The year in the date the witness signed looks like it may have been altered, I can see that it is supposed to be 18, but it looks like just a scribble.

For the model, it also doesn't hurt to include a photo ID in the visual reference field.

model Info and date of shoot are different. Must be the same also the Pic is very Poorly exposed a fill flash was needed also I embed A generic Image of the model into the Box so no Mistaken.  even with everything done correct. SS is notorious... should be Like this.

NEW *** Ainjoy Mcwhorter.jpg

Thank you-all for the input and I think/hope you-all have solved my problem. I put the date of the shot and then when my wife signed the release which was at a later date, should have had same dates.... Also, I did not know photographer couldn't be the witness, I looked under the blog area for "releases made easy" and it doesn't mention this. I'll have my son be the witness from now on.....I'll get it sooner or later.....    Thanks

5 minutes ago, mark stephens photography said:

Also, I did not know photographer couldn't be the witness, I looked under the blog area for "releases made easy" and it doesn't mention this. I'll have my son be the witness from now on.....I'll get it sooner or later.....    Thanks

The witness must be a third person, anyone, just not the photographer or the model.

I've been uploading a series with the same model, same date and yet suddenly the latest ones are being denied for MR issues. Nothing wrong---all signed same date, photog is me, model is daughter, witness is husband. There's no question it's all in order MR-wise.

Simone -  I thought this also "Shoot date can be different from release signature date, but model and witness signature date must be the same." and this is what I did but since then I have found this on Shutterstock Blog called "Stock Image Releases Made Easy"

1. Model Information: The model’s name, contact information, and signature are required when submitting a model release. Models should fill out their information during (or directly before or after) the shoot.

So I'll be doing this from now on.........