Jump to content
Whiteaster

Software that can export 4k / 60fps video

Recommended Posts

Hi everyone,

Can anyone recommend a software that can export 4k at 60fps and HD at 180fps, something inexpensive if possible (no subscription).

I don't have much to edit, just trim and mute audio, then export in the same format (MP4).

I was using Premiere elements 15 for lower framerate but it can't handle more. I saw on YouTube that there is a workaround for 60fps but too complicated for me.

Thank you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm using Cyberlink Power Director 15 Ultra, no subscription, $75 from Amazon, and it will handle 4K in I believe up to 60fps.  It will also slow video down to whatever fps you desire or speed it up using its Power Tools.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Software from Adobe, like AE, App, Encoder, have option for export  up to 8K with fps 60 and more
i think first of all you must submit  renders from professional software, so  i think you must to try and learn software by Adobe, like After Effects, Adobe Premiere,Encoder. Just you  must know some info about codecs, 

  1. i am using Quick Time   with codec Photo Jpeg,  Quality 95, Max Render   ♦  Big  file :o, but  quality
  2. if i need alpha channel, so i am use also Quick time but with codec PNG or Animation and Color  Profile setting to million color +....32 bit    ♦ Biger  like , Photo Jpeg codec
  3. and if you need size more  smaller use h.264 codec, by Mainconcept' from Media Encoder (Transcoding Software From Adobe,)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


StockerFX, thank you for your help.

I think I didn't ask the right question, so I rephrase:

Is any one using the Panasonic G9 for video? Or maybe, the GH5, though there is a difference.
G9 records in 4:2:0/8bit h.264 Long GOP format and I found only one software that can play the videos, the Windows 10 Movie & TV player. Not a single player can play it back fluidly, some of them even freeze (Premiere elements).

So my new question is, what can I do to make these videos compatible with SS?

Thank you very much for any help.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/26/2018 at 10:06 PM, Whiteaster said:

Hi everyone,

Can anyone recommend a software that can export 4k at 60fps and HD at 180fps, something inexpensive if possible (no subscription).

I don't have much to edit, just trim and mute audio, then export in the same format (MP4).

I was using Premiere elements 15 for lower framerate but it can't handle more. I saw on YouTube that there is a workaround for 60fps but too complicated for me.

Thank you.

Blackmagic Design DaVinci Resolve.
By far the best for color correcting and grading out there, and it's free if you can live without noise reduction and some other small things.
The free version can export UHD (up to 3840x2160), i don't know if there is a roof for max fps.

You will need a decent machine to run it and as with everything it requires some knowledge, but it's more or less the same as all similar software's except it work with nodes instead of layers.
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Vaniljefeldt said:

Blackmagic Design DaVinci Resolve.
By far the best for color correcting and grading out there, and it's free if you can live without noise reduction and some other small things.
The free version can export UHD (up to 3840x2160), i don't know if there is a roof for max fps.

You will need a decent machine to run it and as with everything it requires some knowledge, but it's more or less the same as all similar software's except it work with nodes instead of layers.
 

Thank you. This is the one software that I didn't download yet, I am afraid of the learning curve with a new software. I will have to dig on the web to see if it really exports 60fps.

The machine is not a problem.

Thanks again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Mike Kuhlman said:

I don't think SS is compatible with high FPS.

Might want to slow the video down to 30 or 24, or transcode it to 30 or 24.

Thank you Mike, I don't think so either. I don't record any more at 60fps, in fact I don't record much at all since the $1,5 commission. I lost my appetite before I even started to be serious about it.

Thanks for posting.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/27/2018 at 1:36 AM, Whiteaster said:

Hi everyone,

Can anyone recommend a software that can export 4k at 60fps and HD at 180fps, something inexpensive if possible (no subscription).

I don't have much to edit, just trim and mute audio, then export in the same format (MP4).

I was using Premiere elements 15 for lower framerate but it can't handle more. I saw on YouTube that there is a workaround for 60fps but too complicated for me.

Thank you.

I think you should read ffmpeg command lines help.  It is free & extremely faster. Just initial understanding the command line helps needed. Once understand so easy. I have tried many free/ opensource software.  But find ffmpeg command much useful. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Sohn Gottes said:

I think you should read ffmpeg command lines help.  It is free & extremely faster. Just initial understanding the command line helps needed. Once understand so easy. I have tried many free/ opensource software.  But find ffmpeg command much useful. 

Thank you very much.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×