Sign in to follow this  
AlessandraRC

Happy e-mail

I must not be a very good player since it has taken me sooo long but I am happy about this. Yes you all are going to tell me I ain't going to sell as many now because of the algorithm. Life is always fair   :)

"Congratulations! You have reached $500 or more in all time Shutterstock earnings and your Standard License payout rate has been increased to $0.33000 per download.
Best Regards,
Shutterstock"

3 hours ago, AlessandraRC said:

I must not be a very good player since it has taken me sooo long but I am happy about this. Yes you all are going to tell me I ain't going to sell as many now because of the algorithm. Life is always fair   :)

"Congratulations! You have reached $500 or more in all time Shutterstock earnings and your Standard License payout rate has been increased to $0.33000 per download.
Best Regards,
Shutterstock"

Congrats! I got that email two weeks ago, and I can confirm there seems to be something aabout that algorithm, sales are rarer now, I almost wish myself back to the days of 0.25$ subscriptions ;) 

5 hours ago, AlessandraRC said:

Best Regards,
Shutterstock"

Congratulations and well done. 

4 hours ago, Kim Christensen said:

Congrats! I got that email two weeks ago, and I can confirm there seems to be something aabout that algorithm, sales are rarer now, I almost wish myself back to the days of 0.25$ subscriptions ;) 

A good thing always comes with a bad thing ;-) 

Congrats! 

It may be the algorythm that prioritizes lower-paids over higher-paids, but be prepared to see more On Demand, Enhanced and Single & Other downloads, which can be a lot more than $.33!  I've seen more higher-paying single downloads since my rate increased!  There may be more of a "premier red carpet treatment" here for artists who have achieved certain income milestones, which is good!

I look at my MONTHLY earnings and my MONTHLY earnings HAVE increased since I hit that first income milestone.  Since making $$ and as fast as possible is the name of the game, why we're here, I don't care HOW that monthly $$ amount is achieved, as long as it is achieved.