Pamela Walsh

This shot would have been great IF...

New show me....

It happens to me often because I really suck at action shots... Show me your shots that would have been great if you hadn't cut off a head, had the focus in the right spot...... etc.

5aa56448b14dc_choppedhead.jpg.c676305ce25159282c86579a9be191fd.jpg

Obviously I chopped her head off, but the focus is on the back half of her body too :(

please tell me I'm not the only one that does this???

Pamela, the reason the back end of the dog is in focus instead of the head is because that's how much the dog moved towards you between the focusing and the shutter action.

A slower lens will do this to you every time, with a faster one you may be able to nail a few here and there.

Also, next time you're practicing, select your background so it's only snow or only landscape, no distracting stuff like buildings...

And yeah, I've had lots of missed shots. Delete button gets rid of them really fast. No use keeping what's not good.

9 minutes ago, Sari ONeal said:

Pamela, the reason the back end of the dog is in focus instead of the head is because that's how much the dog moved towards you between the focusing and the shutter action.

A slower lens will do this to you every time, with a faster one you may be able to nail a few here and there.

Also, next time you're practicing, select your background so it's only snow or only landscape, no distracting stuff like buildings...

And yeah, I've had lots of missed shots. Delete button gets rid of them really fast. No use keeping what's not good.

+1000 and something I've said Oh maybe a 1000 times. thats the reason Kit Lenses suck. take in more Light===focus faster. Also. Not sure what camera you have But a camera with a Back focus Button is a life saver for any Movement.I haven't used My shutter button for focus for a real Long time.

Yes I do have one too, walking on a beach, I did turn around and just hit the shutter very quickly without thinking, of course the focus is wrong, I quickly realized my mistake but that seagull decided to fly away before I had second chance. I did feel sorry for this at the time but looking back that composition wouldn't be right anyway...  I know exactly what went wrong and certainly I did learn my lesson from this!

IMG_0495.thumb.jpg.30aa168f72c2cf53ccc092ac3452f7f3.jpg

21 minutes ago, Laurin Rinder said:

+1000 and something I've said Oh maybe a 1000 times. thats the reason Kit Lenses suck. take in more Light===focus faster. Also. Not sure what camera you have But a camera with a Back focus Button is a life saver for any Movement.I haven't used My shutter button for focus for a real Long time.

I had some guys filming a promo video on behalf of a client at work last week, they were using a £25,000 'Red' video camera fitted with a £150 Tokina lens. I couldn't believe it, but they seemed happy enough.  

probably a rental. No one buys that stuff. it's rented, my camera store opens at 5;30 am for rentals in Hollywood. who Buys when By the time you get to your car it's outdated anyway. LOL True

10 hours ago, Laurin Rinder said:

Lens is a Canon IS 70-300mm Ultrasonic . I had it on auto focus, but was zoomed in too close, and she hopped there and came in my direction at the same time lol. Everything I have is old.

2 hours ago, Pamela Walsh said:

Lens is a Canon IS 70-300mm Ultrasonic . I had it on auto focus, but was zoomed in too close, and she hopped there and came in my direction at the same time lol. Everything I have is old.

I have this lens too, mine is soft on 300 :(  It's not very fast lens, think this lens need quiet lot of light to take sharp photo of moving subject. 

6 hours ago, lennystan said:

I have this lens too, mine is soft on 300 :(  It's not very fast lens, think this lens need quiet lot of light to take sharp photo of moving subject. 

It does. It seems my kit lens has died now , so it's the zoom and my 60mm macro. :(  love the macro lens, but it has limits... like you have to be 5 feet away to take a pic of something less than 2 feet if you want to have it along the short side. ...

The santa hat pic is now the wallpaper on my computer :)@Alexlky

29 minutes ago, Pamela Walsh said:

It does. It seems my kit lens has died now , so it's the zoom and my 60mm macro. :(  love the macro lens, but it has limits... like you have to be 5 feet away to take a pic of something less than 2 feet if you want to have it along the short side. ...

The santa hat pic is now the wallpaper on my computer :)@Alexlky

Your picture are really good, no such thing 'hopelessly lost' if you could take picture with such good colors and exposure. Thanks, yeah Santa Hat how could I missed it :) 

2 hours ago, Alexlky said:

Your picture are really good, no such thing 'hopelessly lost' if you could take picture with such good colors and exposure. Thanks, yeah Santa Hat how could I missed it :) 

Thank you Alexlky :)

1 hour ago, Lost Mountain Studio said:

If I’d taken the lens cap off:P

065136D6-EFE0-4D09-A2C3-0880A765AF7C.jpeg

You just took a photo of a darkroom with the lights off :P:)

10 minutes ago, RobinLea said:

Love, love, LOVE that santa hat photo idea! Amazing! :wub:

Yeah, Alexlky did great with that! I have to keep practicing with PS :)