Maxop-Plus

How to submit image with oil filter on

Hello everyone,
                     a few days ago I have submitted an image of mountain with oil painting filter on to all major players and  they all rejected it. SS wrote: Post-Production Technique -- Image contains quality issues due to cloning, isolation, or other post-production techniques. Adobe rejected it because: non compliant content...etc.  Question: How am I  suppose to submit an image to SS  with artistic filter on it? I never done that before. Thanks a lot.

Summertime on the lake in the montain.jpg

2 minutes ago, D. Pimborough said:

Submit as an illustration with the original photo jpeg as a reference image

this, AND, it looks like the filter put random bright green dots in the trees... perhaps tone them down?

OK, thanks a lot. One question though: How do I submit that original-reference photo? To special folder, attachment? Or I write to the description: Reference image to illustration this and that? Thanks

Done Poorly.Sorry doesn't look Like a painting. Looks Like a cheap filter.If ya still want to submit. it is now a illustration and you need a property release along with a reference Image embedded into the release. PITA.

you can also write in the title "imitation oil painting" and just add the original photo as property release

white rectangle (billboard?) and something white in the water distracts attention from the landscape, I would clone it before using the filter

Don't.   It looks like a photo with a filter added to it.  Anyone can add a filter. 

If you can make it look like a painting, it might be worth trying.

Example -

1 hour ago, Paul Richard Jones said:

Dear Maxo-Plus,

Question: What was your purpose to use the 'oil filter' in the first place?  The image w/o any manipulation seems to be worthy in its own right.

I suspect he's trying to get around needing model releases.

1 hour ago, Darla Hallmark said:

Don't.   It looks like a photo with a filter added to it.  Anyone can add a filter. 

If you can make it look like a painting, it might be worth trying.

Example -

painteffectsample.jpg

thats nice. did you use impresso to get the brush texture?

Thank you all, now I've got it. And why I used the filter? I like to experiment, especially with textures. So I wanted to start to use  various filters. I appreciate your advises a lot.

As far as top images is concern i will do it over. 

1000bedz-NICE.jpg

hi Darla I wondered too and found this in a search...

Impresso

Transform your snapshot into a stroke-filled Impressionist masterpiece

Created for Artists and Photographers who want beautiful paintings fast. Impresso does all the work for you without taking away creative control. With Impresso you have everything you need to create gallery-style paintings with enough detail even for the largest print. 

Includes: Two Impressionism Paint Effects: Alla Prima and En Plein Air, and an Ellipse Tool for added detail (this version has no layers).

thanks Linda I read this many times and followed to the enth degree and still my images were rejected out of hand so in the end just gave up! Couldn't seem to get past the mind of the reviewer which ever way I tried but might have a go at that software for my framed fine art range and greetings cards...changing the point...are you buried in snow? :(

I never understood those filters. It is not a painting, not a photograph, not digital art, it is however a devaluation of art. *ugh*

agree Rudy I have friends who are serious selling artists and wouldn't even attempt what they do for real without the software but there are people who buy into it who just like what they see and adds a little more than ODD's and SUBS to my money tin! 

and pink is still my thing or anything on that spectrum so do like the pink shop wall :D

Edited by Matylda Laurence
an after thought

I'm not a fan of filters either except when they are part of an artistic process, another tool, a means to an end. I did this practising skills, inculding filters, in PS but not for stock, may be I should add it anyway!

Matylda, only about 8 inches of snow so far. Have been cleaning it off my conservatory roof and clearing it for the ducks (plus ice breaking on the pond) and the such this morning. Just crossing my fingers it doesn't get worse and cause me seriuos problems like it did 5 years ago.... search snow in my port ;) Hope it's not to bad for you either :) 

20170615_Bestwick_illustration_ADP - Copy2.jpg

31 minutes ago, Linda Bestwick said:

PS but not for stock, may be I should add it anyway!

If the subject is good and the filter is done ok then it will probably sell. This one has sold 60 times

stock-photo-under-the-pier-in-the-early-

The original photo has only sold 24 times

stock-photo-under-the-pier-in-the-early-

see what you mean Linda proper snow that I used to see when a 'girl' and had to shovel the paths...think we have been let off for too many years. LIke the filter added to the model too.

nice one too CPaulfell make a good art poster and you're right there's a time and place for everything...

I didn't mean those enhancement filters Paul used. After all, everything is basically a filter of some sort. I meant more those filters that turn a photo into something completely different.

(Paul's example looks like basically local tone mapping and some vignetting and I think the regular photo would have sold more with a more dramatic sky, but that's neither here, nor there)

1 hour ago, Matylda Laurence said:

agree Rudy I have friends who are serious selling artists and wouldn't even attempt what they do for real without the software but there are people who buy into it who just like what they see and adds a little more than ODD's and SUBS to my money tin! 

and pink is still my thing or anything on that spectrum so do like the pink shop wall :D

For you Matylda :)(it is debatable how pink this really is, but pink enough for now)

stock-photo-pink-outdoor-staircase-with-

Note: No filters were used to create this image and no staircases were harmed in any way during the process. :)