Patrick Cooper

SS rejecting again?

Last night, I was surprised to receive a rejection from SS, something I haven't had for a long time. The rejection was for excessive noise for an image shot at around 400iso and appeared only slightly noisy when zoomed in. However, not all that long ago, I saw a newcomer's photo that was super noisy (and I didn't have to zoom in to see the noise) accepted by SS. Perhaps SS are lifting their game again and enforcing stricter standards? I hope so. 

I just got rejected for being a similar image, I had changed the background color and thought it looked quiet different.   I was surprised as I had changed the color of the background before and had no trouble. 

36 minutes ago, Laurin Rinder said:

Christine . you have quite a few "For all practical Purposes" duplicates. I don't care Just saying. They have a tendency to cancell each other out.

Thanks Laurin, I think I will do a bit of deleting then.  I Always welcome advice. Ta

On 2/13/2018 at 3:50 PM, Patrick Cooper said:

Last night, I was surprised to receive a rejection from SS, something I haven't had for a long time. The rejection was for excessive noise for an image shot at around 400iso and appeared only slightly noisy when zoomed in. However, not all that long ago, I saw a newcomer's photo that was super noisy (and I didn't have to zoom in to see the noise) accepted by SS. Perhaps SS are lifting their game again and enforcing stricter standards? I hope so. 

Its not very standardized and up to the inspector. To be frank, I am happy these days if I get a rejection, means someone is looking. But it is rare. 

I think I experience that one too but not photography but for my illustration. They dont accept my new uploads that are scanned drawings, however they accepted my drawing images before. :( I dont know if I should buy new scanner or its just that the reviewer just rejected it. 

On 14/02/2018 at 10:26 PM, Thomas J. Sebourn said:

They just surpassed the billion image mark, so I guess they don't need more junk (not that your images are junk.) 

Just in general I think that newcomers submitting images with less quality is less junky than somebody that knows how to take photos but submits large amount of similars. 

Everyone has right to submit and should not be called junk. We all started.

Maybe I am to naive.

Hey guys!

I'm getting this rejection for a the same file on two attempts.  File Transfer Error -- Please check your file and resubmit.

Anyone else has seen it by chance? The reason does not make much sense. The file has already been uploaded. I set the category and submit for review, the transfer has been long over.

The same thing happened to me.
After changing to another interface on the page, it happens the same, in some images that he uploaded with others, the following message appears:
File transfer error, and I see that the image has come up with the rest.
I do not understand the reason.

Greetings.

I just was accepted as a contributor the other day.  Out of my first batch of 10 images one was rejected for out of focus.  I am not put off at all; it simply lets me know SS demands quality, and it should be that way.  

In terms of quality, we absolutely agree.
It is not the case, I speak of transfer error, that is, when uploading the images.
And then I see that they have risen correctly.

On 2/14/2018 at 9:26 PM, Thomas J. Sebourn said:

They just surpassed the billion image mark, so I guess they don't need more junk 

They certainly do, still accepting my work! :rolleyes:

On ‎26‎/‎02‎/‎2018 at 1:35 PM, Tony Savino said:

it simply lets me know SS demands quality, and it should be that way.  

Oh if only that were true.  Still so much stuff being accepted which is waaaay below professional quality - including some of my own! 

On 2/17/2018 at 2:47 AM, Mirco Vacca said:

Just in general I think that newcomers submitting images with less quality is less junky than somebody that knows how to take photos but submits large amount of similars. 

Everyone has right to submit and should not be called junk. We all started.

Maybe I am to naive.

Ya think?

On 2/15/2018 at 6:26 AM, Thomas J. Sebourn said:

They just surpassed the billion image mark, so I guess they don't need more junk (not that your images are junk.) 

No they didn't...

181,506,035 royalty-free stock images / 1,355,666 new stock images added this week

The file numbers maybe over 1 billion now, but that means 4 out of 5 submission were rejected for whatever reason....

I remember when I joined and they had 3.5 million images and I thought "How can I sell anything amongst 3.5 million?"... now I sell way more when the catalog is 180 million and growing 1 million plus every week. 

They don't reject much. Sent a batch in last night and 125 were approved and 8 rejected for lack of a Property release. The wired thing is that a few images that were almost identical got approved with no issues. Here's an example:

Approved:

1zya1sp.jpg

Rejected:

iz1a1d.jpg

I believe the reason is that I wrote the name of the zoo in the description. Although photos for commercial use are allowed in Austrian zoos as long as zoo staff or logo doesn't appear in the shot.

4 hours ago, Keith Tarrier said:

No they didn't...

181,506,035 royalty-free stock images / 1,355,666 new stock images added this week

The file numbers maybe over 1 billion now, but that means 4 out of 5 submission were rejected for whatever reason....

I remember when I joined and they had 3.5 million images and I thought "How can I sell anything amongst 3.5 million?"... now I sell way more when the catalog is 180 million and growing 1 million plus every week. 

SS def released a presser bragging about passing the 1 Billion mark.