Dear Shutterstock

Instead of mainly relying on the expertise and willingness to share that expertise of the contributors that are here a little longer, as was posted by one of your admins a while back, I ask you to reconsider the purpose of the "Additional Resources" section on the contributor's landing page.

Most blog posts that you put there are interesting read, but only useful to the happy few and the internet has a million sites and all that about most of those subjects you cover in that section.

Methinks it would be far more helpful if you publish clear links to the Known Image Restrictions page, The Terms and Conditions, Model Releases etc. You know, things that are actually a useful and necessary resource for contributors. Right now, some of those resources are pretty hard to find on your site or, at best, not very obvious, which is a shame and makes the life of many much more complicated than it needs to be.

This subject also came up when the new landing page was introduced a while back. but what can I say?

That's it

Thank you

I agree. I don't feel like most of the suggestions are even followed up on for the most part. I had suggested a "translate" button on the bottom of the forum posts, which I was told by admin was a good idea too. But that was months ago and I see no mention of it anywhere either. Even Facebook has a translate button on their site and although it's not 100% accurate, it's faster than copying and pasting the post into google translate

Edit to add: They don't seem to read emails anyway. I sent them an email stating the push notifications were coming hours after the fact for sales, reviews, etc and I get this automated response about how review emails are sent once/day. to which I replied, with a copy of multiple push notification alerts on my phone, that I didn't say emails, I said PUSH NOTIFICATIONS and I just got another automated response stating emails are sent once/day for all reviews. Nobody can read or they just don't bother anymore.

Said it myself Rudy. Matter fact. just this morning. and the Blog stuff.......Please. for 90% of the folks here it probably is a waste.A vanity thing at best. Like when they paid me a $100 to do a video chat with the youngsters working there. I saw 6 people sitting around a table,Bored to death that had No interest in the slightest what I was saying and never Looked at the screen. No More of that. and if I were them I would be grateful occasionally they have some of us that answer questions in a somewhat timely manner ...They sure don't. Nothing new actually. I go back 13 years and SS was and is Notorious at Poor communication. All other sites...ALL get back in 12 Hours or less. Shows were not High on anyones List. or....and I assume real reason is there told not to.

Oh Well. And...Please..pretty please No More Improvements especially By folks who don't use the site and aren't vested in it.

It bothers me that they rely on contributors to explain to other contributors how this site works and where to find what. Even though we (everybody I know here) are more than willing to help, it is not our job and SS should not rely on the kindness of our (again, everybody I know here) hearts. Our hearts are not even all that reliable frankly.

Helping people with technical issues, subject matter, general copyright matters or whatever is one thing, but making clear how this site works and links to all the "need to know" stuff is Shutterstock's responsibility and they neglect that right now, all because they know they have a safety net. (us) and that is just not right.

Agree with Rudy. I mean what is the point of having as   additional resources  "10 social media marketing tips to grow your small business " and  " email campaign every online business should be sending ". As stock photographers who should we be emailing then ? What would be more useful in that space would be top searches this week and most downloaded image etc etc. Come on SS contributors first and as we get rich then the whole of SS gets rich. Sorry heard that somewhere today at Davos I think:)

19 hours ago, Rudy Umans said:

It bothers me that they rely on contributors to explain to other contributors how this site works and where to find what. Even though we (everybody I know here) are more than willing to help, it is not our job and SS should not rely on the kindness of our (again, everybody I know here) hearts. Our hearts are not even all that reliable frankly.

Helping people with technical issues, subject matter, general copyright matters or whatever is one thing, but making clear how this site works and links to all the "need to know" stuff is Shutterstock's responsibility and they neglect that right now, all because they know they have a safety net. (us) and that is just not right.

I agree. SS should be doing this and not contributors. Sorry you are not going to be posting anymore Rudy, but I totally understand too. I mainly just check in with a few people and read here and there. Rarely post a lot anymore either (but then, I never was one of the major players anyway either)

2 hours ago, Rudy Umans said:

I wanted my last post (as in no more) to be something useful

It is a good idea. No not the going dark, the FAQs as a sticky or at least a clear link to one place where anyone can find answers, without depending on the forum.

On 1/26/2018 at 6:06 PM, Rudy Umans said:

Instead of mainly relying on the expertise and willingness to share that expertise of the contributors that are here a little longer, as was posted by one of your admins a while back, I ask you to reconsider the purpose of the "Additional Resources" section on the contributor's landing page.

Most blog posts that you put there are interesting read, but only useful to the happy few and the internet has a million sites and all that about most of those subjects you cover in that section.

Methinks it would be far more helpful if you publish clear links to the Known Image Restrictions page, The Terms and Conditions, Model Releases etc. You know, things that are actually a useful and necessary resource for contributors. Right now, some of those resources are pretty hard to find on your site or, at best, not very obvious, which is a shame and makes the life of many much more complicated than it needs to be.

This subject also came up when the new landing page was introduced a while back. but what can I say?

That's it

Thank you

I completely agree

2 hours ago, YaromirM said:

Hello my friends. I'm really amazed you are still using the forum, Positively amazed :)

haven't been here for a year or more...it was such a fun place few years ago.

Little do they know that it was. the world starts with them......Right? I see your still Banging around.