I submitted about #8 images of a building, one of which is shown. I did not provide specific information about the building or site and submitted them as commercial. I also submitted them as commercial to two other agencies.  SS rejected them all on the basis that they needed a property release. Looking at SS's policy, there is a catch-all 'Modern Architecture', under which I presume they were rejected. (Although there seem to be many other pictures of modern buildings submitted as commercial already.) The building is in fact the OmniMax theatre, part of the Tijuana Cultural Centre in Mexico which does not appear to be specifically excluded. Following SS's rejection, I have been in contact with a senior editor for one of the other agencies. She seems happy for them to remain as commercial. As I am keen to avoid my first (and possibly only) big transaction in microstock to involve money going out of my bank account, I'd like to ask you guys with the experience what your opinion is. Is SS correct or just being over cautious? Should I change the license type to editorial on the other sites?  How would you have submitted them? Thanks in advance of your help.

Architecture_3.jpg

1 minute ago, Laurin Rinder said:

Hey john. maybe im being slow today But all I see is some wood thats looks Like someday it will be something. It's not something Now.....so I don't see an issue. and I don't see a commercial use for it either.

Foo, you're being a fuddy-duddy today.  There's always a commercial use for something.  This could be used on the cover of an architectural design textbook.  It could illustrate an article about mental processes. 

Or a futuristic toilet. and yes theres always a commercial use for anything. Thats something we both Know and No One iv'e ever met knows what will sell, But some have a fairly good Idea what won't.... LOL I'll save my critique for a actual explanation of what this really is. im Lost.  "part of the Tijuana Cultural Centre in Mexico"....really.? Tijuana has a cultural center?

Fixazh, Laurin, Darla - thank you for your comments and thank you Darla for answering the question.

Laurin - Tijuana does have a cultural centre. I believe that it has been there for about 35 years now. The photograph I provided as an example is, I guess, as Darla described - an 'abstract detail'. The whole structure is shown in the photograph (not mine) below. I hope this helps. I may not post or submit much (time constraints due to work, family etc) but I do read the forum and enjoy reading your posts even if just for the enthusiasm they exude. I don't suppose this helps you like my photo any more but  ...   critique away!

TCC.jpg