• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Also having a singularly bad month after a slight uptick in December (though this Dec was still lower than the previous year). Interesting what someone wrote about reduced traffic to SS.

I think, based mainly on speculation, that SS's methods of obtaining images no longer rely on the traditional contributor or even factory model. Given SS's acquisitions of Rex, & other sources I think we've become a hoard scrambling after maybe 5% of total sales or thereabouts.

The ability to develop our own followers might once have offset this trend, but of course that is no longer possible.

I agree with everyone else here that if Amir's port is not selling then ports in general just aren't selling anymore.

andy

52 minutes ago, a katz said:

Also having a singularly bad month after a slight uptick in December (though this Dec was still lower than the previous year). Interesting what someone wrote about reduced traffic to SS.

I think, based mainly on speculation, that SS's methods of obtaining images no longer rely on the traditional contributor or even factory model. Given SS's acquisitions of Rex, & other sources I think we've become a hoard scrambling after maybe 5% of total sales or thereabouts.

The ability to develop our own followers might once have offset this trend, but of course that is no longer possible.

I agree with everyone else here that if Amir's port is not selling then ports in general just aren't selling anymore.

andy

I hope that the next month will start selling

On 16/1/2018 at 4:31 PM, iNegar said:

When we see the increase of lot's of unlawful sites and social networks which sell or present theft content's even for free then we have to expect such a bad result and wait for may be worse one.

There are a lot of networks which sell even content's of SS conributors and everybody closed their eyes!

do you know, the person from which country?

Laurin and others will remember when Yuri Acurs was king of Shutterstock (before he went on his own).  He used to have over 1000 downloads per day at times and a lot of them were $28 enhanced sales.   Sigh, just imagine it.......

I make less than half of what I used to back in those days.  And my portfolio is 5x bigger now.  Sad.