• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 1/14/2018 at 3:48 PM, Sharon Day said:

Sigh. Same here. Sorry, Mike, but the marathon vs sprint doesn't apply. I've been at this since 2006 and this is the worst I have ever seen. I tell myself photos sitting on the hard drive won't make money so I still upload sporadically but it's pretty much pointless now. And, I hate to beat a dead horse, but the duplicates people are allowed to submit and get accepted...It's mind numbing. 

Ditto +1 , Best year was 2013 then all down hill since then:(

My sales numbers have plummeted this month like everybody else here but for some reason it seems that only the subs have stopped selling.  My ODD's and SOD's are actually better than most months so my earnings for January are fairly strong so far because of that.  I've gotten quite a few more ODD's and SOD's than I have subs this month which is the complete reverse of what I get most months.  Has anybody else seen this kind of pattern or is this just a lucky fluke for me?

Theory? did all the disruption with the 'new' changes of interface and algorithms for us cause the buyer to lose confidence  with bugs too their end. Also who they might be following, favourite buyers, too many to choose from go else where and then found they prefer other microstock sites? Especially when the trend is more and more online graphix and visuals used in the industry and people in general with less time to generate their  own and need to shop? just a thought.

On 1/15/2018 at 5:31 AM, Peter Corbett said:

You have some beautiful work there Amir.  As good as your portrait work is, maybe diversify more.  Your landscape work is great too.  I've only been here a couple of months with 180 clips, but I'm selling a HD video every few days now.  I'm focusing on diversity and quite happy it's starting to build even though I only have a small port at the moment.

thank you

Can we share our "financial secrets"? I believe it would help to grasp the overall situation here. Is it really decline for everyone, how it compares with the quantity/quality/style of portfolio, etc...

I am relatively new here, atlhough registered more than year ago but started to actively upload photos around October. Initially it showed a good relation between the number of photos and income, but it all stopped since the devastating end of November/start of December, when despite of fast growing portfolio, the income actually even decreased a bit. The end of December was a bit better, but the January is down again (it's "saved" only by one extended licence purchase for 23 USD, otherwise it would be even more sad). So my statistics for the last months:

October 2017: ~300 photos = 30 USD

November 2017: ~700 photos = 63 USD

December 2017: ~1500 photos = 58 USD 

January 2018 (so far, 17.01): ~2100 photos = 44 USD

I have not been active much in the last year or so due to health reasons but I am distressed at the sales drop off compared to a year or two ago.   It looks like I am running about 30-40% below 2015 and 2016 with a similar size portfolio.  It would appear from this thread that I am not the only one to be seeing a big drop off - ugh.

3 minutes ago, Dean Fikar said:

I have not been active much in the last year or so due to health reasons but I am distressed at the sales drop off compared to a year or two ago.   It looks like I am running about 30-40% below 2015 and 2016 with a similar size portfolio.  It would appear from this thread that I am not the only one to be seeing a big drop off - ugh.

I practically every day uploads photos, no substantial shifts there except the number of photos in portfolio

So, it's like to climb on a downward escalator or to run on running simulator at a gym - if you stand still you'll slip backwards, if you run forward, then you only stay on place, and no matter how fast you try to run, you get no further - staying on the same place is the best you can achieve... Very demotivating. 

12 hours ago, Doug McLean said:

I never sell a lot, but this month is a bit up for me so far, 42 sales for a total of $69.94.

That's an awesome average per download. Congrats.

12 hours ago, Dave Nelson said:

October - 60 sales

November - 45 sales

December - 31 sales

And so far in January - 3 sales

October - 314 sales

November - 300 sales

December - 294 sales

And so far in January - 192 sales