Kate Shutterstock

Submission page - More improvements are on the way

Thanks for sharing your feedback on the Forum about the new submission page. As a result, we are making some improvements that will be released in the coming days. In addition to collecting your feedback, we have conducted interviews with many active contributors who are enthusiastic about the upcoming changes. 

The updated design has a wider right panel that displays two columns side by side for large screens or a single column for smaller screens. Now, you'll be able to: 

• See more of what you’re working on without scrolling
  • Work with keywords in a dedicated panel
  • View different fields in a more intuitive order based on your feedback

two-columns.jpg

This update is part of many improvements that we are actively working on to address your feedback. Look out for more updates coming soon: 

• Status flags on each asset to highlight when your image is ready to submit (see a snapshot below)
  • Updates to your Approval Status page, so you can quickly see all your Pending and Rejected content without selecting a batch
  • Addition of Videos to your Catalog Manager, so you can see all your approved content in one place

status-flags.png

Thank you for your commitment to Shutterstock and for sharing all your feedback with us here on the Forum.

Thanks, 

Kate

Thats good Kate, Thanks. Then............perhaps we can address the theft Issues and reviewer inconsistency thats been a sore spot for many years. We would  welcome  a dialog from Compliance /infringement dept and what the status is Going forward pertaining to "OUR" copyrights and SS thoughts On curtailing this very Big Issue. Many of us think this is #1. Please. Please real answers...this is important.

Also, If I may, while Im writing. why is it we can't use a Older model Releases for a newer reworked Image. If I have a sure fire winner Image from Say 2007 and I  updated it to sell very well  I/We cannot use it. My other 9 sites have No Issue doing this. Many times the Model in Question has moved away,etc. Can you please look Into this and ask the correct Person to explain why???. I have asked No less than 10 Times over the years and never got an answer. I really would Like an answer and so would a whole Bunch of folks.

Thanks. And thanks for communicating, 15 Minutes out of your day isn't Much to show your there. when we see No one is when the trouble starts or when we see Posts that don't really address anything. If it's a Big secret then Pls say so.. Trust me. Im On Photo forums since the eighties. when this was Usenet.

What you do is great! I thank the whole team of C for the effort to facilitate the teammates and improve the vision. It might be a good idea to see the total number of images that are not yet listed on top of the page. As they were before.
I wish health and fruitful work!

@Kate Shutterstock - Thanks for this news Kate, this sounds great!

While we're at it, are there any plans to implement video previews on the content editor page (or at least a sequence of a few frame-grabs)?

And related to this - will there be an option to set video thumbnail in advance, during the submission on content editor page?

How about to see keywords and titles of ALL images at once (like in OLD interface)? This "new improvement" looks like a bad attempt to make the terrible interface a little bit better. Guys, you needed a month to make two columns instead of one, seriously?!

Very good! Waiting for new version! 
But now the interface is often buggy. And this becomes obvious only after the images have passed moderation and was sent to the "Rejected Photos". I always choose "Illustration", when you load the jpeg file, but the system often does not accept for the reason that you do NOT select "Illustration". Why? I do not understand! It began when I was commissioned a new interface. Unfortunately, there are significant technical problems in the new interface we can work. And the visual design is not so important. It is important that the authors have spent a minimum of time to download their work, instead of spending hours on this process. Otherwise, it is not automating the process. But I believe that the programmers will fix it in the shortest possible time and cooperation with Shatterstocks will be a pleasure for the authors

have to agree with Laurin's comments Kate...also frustrating can't use red pencil to correct an issue before the reviewer kicks it out...would save so much time. And yes some may say check before hand butnot always so easy when multiple images are being worked on with different additions needed and time is an issue. then have to do all again for the sake of a few seconds work. The loss to SS is a good point when like Laurin and others I have some really usable 'people' images for commercial use that have older releases and not able to... thanks M

I like the changes.

I have a suggestion, not for the web use of Shutterstock but for the Contributor app.

If you could add the status of an image right on top of the image just like they will be on the website, it would save us the trouble of clicking the image to view if it's been rejected or accepted.

Here is how it would be easy for all of us.

Thanks,

DS

ashutterst1.jpg

@Kate Shutterstock Could you help me with this bug? I'm, still able to upload (some) files over 50mb by ftp after the last "Improvement" of submission page. They seem to be ok by the FTP client (Filezilla) but they don't reach the submission manager, instead I'm receiving an error message. Reported it some week s ago Case 05512147 and 05519609 but the problem is still there:

FTP.png

Thank you in advance.

37 minutes ago, Manuel Ascanio said:

@Kate Shutterstock Could you help me with this bug? I'm, still able to upload (some) files over 50mb by ftp after the last "Improvement" of submission page. They seem to be ok by the FTP client (Filezilla) but they don't reach the submission manager, instead I'm receiving an error message. Reported it some week s ago Case 05512147 and 05519609 but the problem is still there:

FTP.png

Thank you in advance.

Hi Manuel,

Every file you upload through FTP will go through. The FTP uploader doesnt know the requirements of Shutterstock. You just have to upload a file less then 50 MB. Thats all.

Good luck.

Mirco

4 minutes ago, Mirco Vacca said:

Hi Manuel,

Every file you upload through FTP will go through. The FTP uploader doesnt know the requirements of Shutterstock. You just have to upload a file less then 50 MB. Thats all.

Good luck.

Mirco

Hello Mirco, Thanks for replying!

I was not aware that there was a limit of 50mb for files by FTP, actually I thought it was a bug, I reported as it and this is the reply I received: 

"Hi Manuel,

Thank you for contacting Shutterstock Contributor Care.

As informed earlier our technical team is looking into this matter and will resolve this issue at the earliest. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused and thank you for your patience and understanding while we resolve this matter."

Cheers,

Manuel

24 minutes ago, Manuel Ascanio said:

Hello Mirco, Thanks for replying!

I was not aware that there was a limit of 50mb for files by FTP, actually I thought it was a bug, I reported as it and this is the reply I received: 

"Hi Manuel,

Thank you for contacting Shutterstock Contributor Care.

As informed earlier our technical team is looking into this matter and will resolve this issue at the earliest. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused and thank you for your patience and understanding while we resolve this matter."

Cheers,

Manuel

Hi Manuel,

I just read this in the guidelines:

The maximum file size you can upload using your web browser is 50 MB. If you're using FTP, you can upload files  up to 4 GB.

So you are right. Through FTP it should be fine. I am sorry that i was wrong. Let see what will happen. 

Anyway we are changing topic and this should be opened under "Technical Issues" :).

Mirco

I don't know if it has anything to do with this redesign, but 30-ish of my clips have been "stuck" in the review queue (meaning, older and newer submitted clips have been reviewed, but these 30-ish have been left there to be pending...)
I removed them all and will resubmit, but as it's a painful process to upload gigabytes of footages over and over because of system glitches, I sincerely hope this is just a one-time-thing :)

Guys you have clearly introduced the new submissions process way too early. I have been unable to upload any videos for over 2 weeks which is simply unacceptable. What's more, all of the replies I got from you when reporting the issue told me to re-submit until I insisted to speak to someone senior who admitted there was indeed a problem and will get back to me when it's sorted. Which it still isn't. SS we, the contributors, make you VERY RICH so we really do deserve 1) (far) better technical services and 2) (far) better customer service. Time to up your game!!!!