Hello Everyone,

As we continue upgrading and stabilizing the technology that powers Shutterstock, we will soon be making changes to the Approval Status pages. As a result, we are at this time removing the ability to edit content that is Pending Review. This change will enable us to stabilize and secure the content review pipeline and ensure a more efficient file transfer process. 

You can still edit your content after the image has been approved by visiting the Approved Status pages. 

We thank you for your understanding and continued contributions to our marketplace!

Alex

Hi Alex,

Every image I upload last few days or last week, appears with "asterisk" symbol near serial number on "approval status" page. After deleting and uploading again, same thing happens. Is it related with these changes you making, or something is wrong with my uploading page? Also my earlier submitted images (without asterisk) still waiting on review from December 6th (oldest one), so I wonder is it normal review time these days, or it's me again?

Thanks

1 hour ago, muratart said:

Hi,

Removing this method of "Editing Pending Content" has made me very badly, please check this out again,

I don't understand, this method is very useful, why does nobody write something about it?

Maybe for some it's not so useful and that's why we are not complaining.

I contribute for more than 8 years and I don't remember using it. I like to make sure everything is correct before submitting.

On 12/19/2017 at 3:19 AM, zsooofija said:

Maybe for some it's not so useful and that's why we are not complaining.

I contribute for more than 8 years and I don't remember using it. I like to make sure everything is correct before submitting.

I have used it, but so what. Editing after is just fine, I see no difference, especially if it might help the stability of the system. Imagine that, pending files, being changed, making for more data adjustments and server time, because I forgot a key word or spelled something wrong. I regularly add key words and alter titles to improve search-ability, here and other places. Mostly after a download when I can see what words were used (thank you SS).

I'm happy to wait for the review and make small adjustments, corrections, I probably will anyway! I see no difference between that and at the time a file is pending? Hardly important or a sales issue of any sort.

22 hours ago, Laurin Rinder said:

+1

Yup

9 minutes ago, HodagMedia said:

I have used it, but so what. Editing after is just fine, I see no difference, especially if it might help the stability of the system. Imagine that, pending files, being changed, making for more data adjustments and server time, because I forgot a key word or spelled something wrong. I regularly add key words and alter titles to improve search-ability, here and other places. Mostly after a download when I can see what words were used (thank you SS).

I'm happy to wait for the review and make small adjustments, corrections, I probably will anyway! I see no difference between that and at the time a file is pending? Hardly important or a sales issue of any sort.

Yup

if you don't want to use it, do not use it.

this comment is not ethical to me!

it was very important to me!

Just now, muratart said:

Sorry I think we have a communications issue, as the comment is my opinion that I can wait and I have. Now we all will. I don't find that it's important or necessary to edit after I have checked carefully and hit submit.

Nothing to do with ethics?

Have a good day, sell something big.

45 minutes ago, HodagMedia said:

Sorry I think we have a communications issue, as the comment is my opinion that I can wait and I have. Now we all will. I don't find that it's important or necessary to edit after I have checked carefully and hit submit.

Nothing to do with ethics?

Have a good day, sell something big.

thanks, best wishes!

43 minutes ago, muratart said:

What is so terrible in waiting a few hours or a day until the images are approved? Nobody seams to share your concerns.

This was an announcement not a survey.

Not ethical?

You are  beating a dead horse for two days now, yesterday I thought you woke up on the wrong side of the bed but I see you do that daily.
Is that ethical?

On 20.12.2017 at 7:25 PM, Whiteaster said:

What is so terrible in waiting a few hours or a day until the images are approved? Nobody seams to share your concerns.

This was an announcement not a survey.

Not ethical?

You are  beating a dead horse for two days now, yesterday I thought you woke up on the wrong side of the bed but I see you do that daily.
Is that ethical?

Hi, Whiteaster

You're wasting your energy in vain. Tracking me will not give you anything (you've been following me two days so I'm very laughing) 

do you produce photography? or you are a forum officer?

best wishes

1 minute ago, Whiteaster said:

Hi Muratart,

Don't flatter yourself, I am following announcements, not "tracking" you.

For now, I am just a contributor who doesn't like useless noise that buries announcements. Who knows, maybe one day SS will hire me as a forum officer (whatever that is).

Best wishes back

thanks , bye

Sometimes I use the edit prior to submitting so I can copy/paste the title/keywords into the image on my desktop (when I forget to do it prior to hitting the submit button). So when it's accepted, it's fine. I can do it then. I will have to make sure I follow my routine more carefully since that option isn't there anymore for the times I forget (in case it's rejected and I'd have to start all over from scratch). But that's neither here nor there I'm sure. Just idyl talking out loud to myself .  :) 

• 2 years later...