Brian Kapp

Buyers can sell as art?

I am mostly a dreamer here so far, so it is not that this subject matters completely in reality at this time. But am I correct that liscensing allows for buyers to sell images as art?  If so, any of you who do sell your work as art, do you keep that content and your stock content here exclusive from each other?  (maybe poor wording...😉)

In order to sell an image as Print on Demand, or as posters, buyers must pay for an extended license.  That doesn't happen often, since it's really expensive.

I sell my work as POD as well as stock, and there is a lot of overlap.  Some stock images just aren't good for art prints, some art images aren't good for stock. 

Sometimes, I'll process an image differently before posting it on an Art site.

Plus, there's the API. If e.g. a company selling posters (or wallpapers or whatever) uses it/partners up with SS, we wouldn't get any enhanced licenses at all. They simply refer to Shutterstock's library and whenever one of their clients orders a poster, they'd license the image "for this client" - what returns a simple standard sub license on our end.