Gets frustrating. I alone have made SS over a quarter million dollars on their share of sales (their 70%) yet rejections in last couple months are crazy. A couple weeks ago it was great and accurate, 99% approval. Before that 20-30% rejections for a couple months before and now this week back to 20-40% rejections on footage. Almost all are for noise, pixilization problems. All shot with Canon 1DX MK II and some from Canon 5D MK IV. Yet crap from cell phones and old GoPro are accepted by the thousands probably every day. So some hired help in Pakistan or India that reviews footage is a better judge of pixilization and noise than one of the first SS footage contributors shooting and contributing since 2005 with some of the absolute cleanest shooting cameras available. A real crappy new data entry page that has slowed down process by at least 300%. No full original file names viewable on edit screen or on all rejections. Now keywords like "swimming" is automatically deleted as not valid. If a simple wording fix is needed the footage is deleted and requires a full hour long upload when a 10 second edit would comply with editorial byline or whatever was needed. Please think about us as your suppliers of goods, make it easy for us to supply and figure out what you want. Years of good reviews and acceptance and since you started to contract it out it seems that they feel they need to have a large rejection rate to justify their work. Yes, anyone can go back and with pixel peeping can justify any rejection and could also go back and reject 90% of all approved footage on SS, millions of them. I've made tens of thousands of dollars on clips that were rejected here on one other site that accepted them. I'm loyal to SS but need a little loyalty back. I'm not a newby at this.

Isn't there a point somewhere that we as submitters can be trusted? Do we have to make SS individually a half million dollars each before we have proven ourselves?

I'm sure that people in Pakistan and India can view images and make quality decisions. I make photo quality decisions everyday and don't believe that because I live in the USA I have special quality perception skills.

Video reviewing is a joke...

I recently had 3 of my new video clips rejected 3 times each with different reasons. BTW these files are already accepted on any other stocks.

This is not a first day I submit videos, I have excellent cameras and I apply all possible techniques to provide a noise and flicker free, crystal sharp, well balanced 1080/4k resolution video/image to the stock, and than I see a completely unprofessional rejections reasons such as "Bad White Balance" or similar....for an image/video with artistic toned effect or some other genius reasons to reject 3gb video which takes forever to upload here at Shutterstock because the upload speed is 1/8 of uploading speed  of other stocks....

1.jpg?ip=x72

-1st try "Visible Trademark -- Clip contains visible brand names or logos." - its cleaned out of any visible logos and accepted anywhere...
-2nd - "Frame Rate / Shutter Speed -- Clip exhibits issues related to frame rate or shutter speed." oh yeah, 30 images per second is a really bad frame rate nowadays...
-3rd - "Camera Stabilization / Movement -- Clip contains unstable, excessively abrupt, or inconsistent camer" - sure, 3-axis drone gimbal for camera stabilization is not enough for this smart guy...

1.jpg?ip=x72

1st "Exposure / Lighting -- Clip is underexposed, overexposed, inconsistently exposed or was shot in unfa"Hist.jpg.fe394050e31d80e40a83a2656791a8f6.jpg-Hist from the middle of the clip
2nd "Exposure / Lighting -- Clip is underexposed, overexposed, inconsistently exposed or was shot in unfa" - Hello again my smart guy, I love you too...
3rd "Camera Stabilization / Movement -- Clip contains unstable, excessively abrupt, or inconsistent camer" -Mmm, fan of superstabs strikes back, Dji Ronin is just not good for him....

1.jpg?ip=x72

1st try "Frame Rate / Shutter Speed -- Clip exhibits issues related to frame rate or shutter speed." - yeah yeah, 30fps standard by Adobe is a bad digit...
2nd "Post Production Technique -- Clip has quality issues related to post production, animation, or chrom" - wow, really, you found something new ?! Should I try 3rd time to have "Camera Stabilization " combo....for a fixed camera video with digitally produced camera movement from 4k to 1080 ?

I'm starting to loose any interest to do it, they cut or limit our sales, rejecting our works...what else ?
I've produced about 300 videos this year(btw I raised a lot my post prod level at the same time) and what for....to sell 1 or 2 of them!

I have only sales for videos submitted more than year before....because they completely broke the search and popular.
All this hard studies, run and gun shootings with kilos of stabs and cameras, hours of postprod and credits for cameras for what....to be completely crushed by a new search algorithms and smart reviewers....

Thanks for starting this thread, Rekindle. I am aware that you don't post here very often so for you to start this here means there is something seriously wrong. There is some comfort in knowing its not just me.

I am frantically trying to get the last of my holiday clips up and running - but Murphy's Law (!) - am now hitting up against the reviewer from hell. The rejections this week are off the Richter scale.

AS and P5 have the fairest and most accurate reviews at the moment,  and my clips are all going through OK there. In fact one of my holiday clips sold within 48 hours of upload this week on AS. But I don't have the time or patience at the moment to deal with SS's video reviewers - I am not even going to bother to resubmit. They are not getting them.

Combined with low royalties & still-faulty new submission page, these current harsh reviews (as if the reviews are deliberately looking for reasons to reject - rather than reasons to approve) is making SS very frustrating to work with. Very, very poor contributor relations.

12 hours ago, Stopped_clock said:

Not to mention the awful new submission screen they created. Still no option to select a thumbnail for video.... really SS?? 

SS dropped that option? That really sucks. I haven't submitted videos in quite a while but when I did, reviews were pretty fair. Back then, I hardly got any rejections for my videos. I'm planning to submit videos again but after reading this thread, it looks like I might have an uphill battle on my hands with these new harsh reviewers.

I completely agree with Rekindle on the frustration of having to upload footage from scratch for a tiny change that is required. If the rejection reason is a simple technicality like checking a different category box, that should be possible to fix without going through the whole submission agony again.

I also wish that the rejection reasons would all be listed at once. For example, I uploaded a shot of a back hoe working. The face of the driver was completely in shadow, so I thought it would be ok. Nope, got rejected "model release required". So then I actually hunted down the operator, got him to sign the release, uploaded the thing again - and now it's kicked back for reason of "visible trademark", for a tiny sign on the back hoe. Now I have to go back to editing to kill that tiny logo, if I want to try again. Sure they'll find yet another reason to reject.

And yes, if anyone from Shutterstock is actually paying attention: not being able to select a frame of the video for the thumbnail SUCKS!

If I upload a video of an ATV driving toward the camera, and my thumbnail is a stupid frame of empty desert, how is that going to entice anyone to click on the clip??

8 hours ago, Simone Hogan said:

And yes, if anyone from Shutterstock is actually paying attention: not being able to select a frame of the video for the thumbnail SUCKS!

We used to have this option. Hopefully, it's just a matter of time before they bring it back. 

Same issues here. Last week, about 20 clips, all rejected for so-called technical reasons. From that same batch of shots taken in the same location, same conditions and same camera/settings, all uploads were accepted a few days earlier. Then, when I resubmitted the shots, they were all accepted. Today, same story, 28 clips uploaded over the last two days - my internet connection is dismally slow - every single one of them rejected for the same reason again ( noise, artifacts, pixelation). Now, it'll take two days to resubmit them to be hopefully reviewed by a reviewer who will actually look at them rather then dumping them all in one block so that he/she can get to his quota of reviews - I assume they have one - faster. Frustrating and infuriating to say the least! 

I agree...Shutterstock is the ABSOLUTE worst company for submissions....One day they reject 500 designs and the next day I resubmit all 500 and they accept them all...Its totally random and VERY INCONSISTENT!....I am beginning to hate them more than Comcast or ATT....The customer support is ever worse....No help...Just generic responses pointing you to their FAQ page and forums...They make no effort to help or explain......I am going to make a viral video detailing their horrible submission process and post it to my YouTube channel with over 850,000 followers!