Kate Shutterstock

Submission Page Update

Hello, my experience was the following with the new layout:

- Actually i was slower submitting the content than with the previous layout.
- I don't like the never ending scrolling for the submission of images. i would like to select how many images appear, like, 50, 100, 200.
- multiple selection of images doesn't always work, using the shift button sometimes randomly selects images, on a vertical basis, sometimes it mixes the selection, i don't understand the gimmick. I would like a selection square on top in order to select all images on the batch (50/100/200).
- thumbnails are too big, i would like a selection for size of thumbnail (small, normal, big)
- i would like elements more tight to each other in order for me to see a broader picture of the submission process, in order to do LESS scrolling up and down.
- i like the grammatical correction.
- i like the category of only one, most people don't usually don't search by category. 
- new layout is more cpu/code/graphics intensive, less snappy and smooth than previous layout
- i didn't tried new video layout yet.
- i got 4 images stuck in the submission layout, that were already submitted, but only disappeared from the submission layout when i submitted all the other images.

At this moment, 1:30 PM CST, I find that on selecting a file to upload in Internet Explorer, it gives "We can't accept the following files because we don't support that file type."

But in Firefox it works.

8 hours ago, Kate Shutterstock said:

@Michael Warwick I'm not sure I understand what you mean. In the new interface, you can select multiple images and add metadata, and submit them all at once. It's true they each end up in their own batch on the Approval Status : Images pages, but the ability to select and submit multiple files at once is there, and it's working.

Let me know how I can help.

https://forums.submit.shutterstock.com/profile/1390272-kate-shutterstock/ So, if I want to use "your" submission system now and select multiple images and have slightly different descriptions in those images w/o doing that in the metadata raw file, I can do that? It seems now that each image has to be submitted individually. Before, I could copy and paste the description and simply add a few words to each image.

@Michael Warwick

If I'm understanding you correctly, all of that should be possible in the new system as well. Copy and paste for descriptions is working (you can use CTRL C and CRTL V). You can also select multiple images and enter the same title for all of them, then go back one by one and make small tweaks.

When it's time to submit, CTRL (or COMMAND) click to select multiple images (or use the multi-select mode), and submit everything in one go.

I hope this helps. Let me know if I can clarify anything!

This new form is incredibly more tedious, especially when it comes to working in batches. 

- What sort of UX design makes you click twice for select all and then a different button to deselect all? That's sadistic.

- Not being able to see information across all files is tedious. Advice to go one by one is antithetical to efficiency, especially when most of the keywording done pre-upload

- For instance, checking off editorial boxes across a batch of 40 files is insane. It's impossible to see them all with a glance, whereas before it could be done by scrolling and clicking and setting the option across the board. The current process is incredibly tedious with no upside.

Anti-productive as a whole. Feels like it was designed by someone who doesn't use the system on a regular basis or a designer who didn't have a programmer who understands efficiency guiding a "pretty" process.

On 11/19/2017 at 4:58 PM, mandritoiu said:

I submitted 2 photos, then noticed something I didn't like. I deleted them before the review and submitted new versions.

For some reason the main page showed 4 photos waiting for approval, instead of 2. When the 2 photos were approved, the counter went down from 4 to 0.

Moreover, after approval, the rejection count on the main page increased with 2.

I rejected my initial submission, not a reviewer. That counter should not be pegged in such situations.

Now I have 1 photo pending approval but the main page totals shows zero.

All these discrepancies started after the upload page update.

11 hours ago, Felix Lipov said:

- What sort of UX design makes you click twice for select all and then a different button to deselect all? That's sadistic.

Not only that... remove selection button is on the opposite side of the screen it took me a while to find it. 

On 22.11.2017 г. at 6:31 PM, Duncan Andison said:

You just include them as normal and when you submit, it will highlight them with a red box as being possibly miss spelled. Click on the box and select it's correct or, one of the options provided. Sadly you have to go into each one.... one at a time, which is very time consuming when you submit content that has Gaelic names etc. You used to be able to scan through them and select submit all but that has now gone!

Thank you so much! Yesterday I just didn't notice that I can click on the word in red without deleting it! Thank you!

This is by far the worst upload page ever. Now it is a huge struggle trying to upload. I'm talking about being unable to see where to click, late reaction time, uncontrolled behavior of the page itself, and I can't even tell if I did everything right. It is very hard to see which words are for which image. Can't we just have the old page back? Now it is horrible and very time consuming trying to upload. It makes me actually wonder if the struggle is worth the result. 

Hi Mandritoiu glad it's not just me I have 0 in pending and 7 waiting to be reviewed since 18th Nov. Later images have been reviewed and wonder if these are stuck? Anyone else had to wait this long? thanks M - will be pain to delete and do all over again.

Kate, thank you and the team for your permission! Now I get your email with the original numbers of the returned images and this saves a lot of time when they need to be repaired. I hope this feature will be useful to many contributors.
Greetings and success!

On 23. 11. 2017 at 12:42 AM, Kate Shutterstock said:

@Michael Warwick

If I'm understanding you correctly, all of that should be possible in the new system as well. Copy and paste for descriptions is working (you can use CTRL C and CRTL V). You can also select multiple images and enter the same title for all of them, then go back one by one and make small tweaks.

When it's time to submit, CTRL (or COMMAND) click to select multiple images (or use the multi-select mode), and submit everything in one go.

I hope this helps. Let me know if I can clarify anything!

Selecting multiple images with ctrl+click lasts for ever! Only for selecting images we use now several minutes for 10 to 20 images. If selecting with using shift+click the selection is anything but images we eant to select! 

Hi Laurin had several rejected and reason? Title -- Title must be descriptive of the subject matter and must be in English. Titles cannot conta - that was it! Previous images accepted with same title. So am I confused. And still stuck with 1 pending and actually 7 in the file. Did have a sale though today (cow's foot) 

@Kate Shutterstock - hey Kate. I see that the search bar in the release field is available. Maybe it's not fully implemented (because it is slow as hell) but I'd like to give a few comments about it:

1) if the list is "live" already, why the search field has to have "Search" button? Why not display search results live?

2) search only works for whole words... That is useless... Make it search only partials, please!

4 hours ago, Matylda Laurence said:

Hi Laurin had several rejected and reason? Title -- Title must be descriptive of the subject matter and must be in English. Titles cannot conta - that was it! Previous images accepted with same title. So am I confused. And still stuck with 1 pending and actually 7 in the file. Did have a sale though today (cow's foot) 

Exactly the same for me with my last editorial images.

Maxal - Have just printed off my recent rejects with keyword anomalies and id numbers and will re submit also the ones sitting in the pending box and have a fresh start. Was trying to delete some old ones that should have gone weeks ago that are clogging up the pages and had a blip and took me to a group of lovely meerkats looking around for something possibly a broken link (ha ha) but Kate was great and emailed me back quickly the other evening when I mentioned the weird rejection issue and is going to check it out for me next week. I did ask her if a computer bot does actually do the first review and was assured all done by human endeavour. Might just get back to editing my book!

18 hours ago, Matylda Laurence said:

I literally posted an image in black and white with same keywording as the color one that is already accepted and I got the same message. Please highlight the keywords that you disagree with since it is then a guessing game of what words were found irrelevant, a true time waster and not a constructive rejection at all.