Kate Shutterstock

Submission Page Update

13 hours ago, Kate Shutterstock said:

Hi Perry,

I'm curious to know more about this. Can you send me a screenshot and let me know which browser you're using?

@Kate Shutterstock - Kate, I also have some troubles with scrolling, but not in the category list. For me it is happening with the releases list. Usually it works well, but there are several types of bugs which are happening:

- although the default sort is set to Newest, sometimes it opens with different sorting even though the "Newest" is still selected. Like it needs refreshing, I "fix" it by selecting something else from the other drop-down (model releases/property releases/all). 
- the scrolling issue: it happened a few times that it scrolls down to the last loaded item and it won't continue loading subsequent releases, like the last release is loaded already. 

I won't go into details about how irritating this solution is even without bugs (because it is painfully slow to scroll through dozens of releases already, even without the need for it to be loaded over and over again in segments...)

@Michael Warwick I'm not sure I understand what you mean. In the new interface, you can select multiple images and add metadata, and submit them all at once. It's true they each end up in their own batch on the Approval Status : Images pages, but the ability to select and submit multiple files at once is there, and it's working.

Let me know how I can help.

Hi Kate sometimes I just want to select a few in a batch to keyword and found rather than clicking multi select twice I click one image then click multi select once then each similar image to batch keywords. It seems to work like the Ctrl button on the keyboard. Easier than deselecting afterwards.

Hi @Matylda Laurence !

My colleague who submits a lot of editorial images says that her strategy is to use the CTRL or COMMAND key to multi select. As a fan of keyboard shortcuts, I thought that was a great strategy.

And yes, alas. There is a delay. When you submit your images, the count of "Pending" on your dashboard doesn't update right away. A lot of contributors write in a about that, saying that it feels like their content as just disappeared! I'll keep pushing to make that count update in real time.

In the meantime, you can see the status of the content you recently submitted by going to the Approval Status : Images pages. Even if the "Pending" count hasn't updated yet, you can see which images are in process. Learn more here.

39 minutes ago, Kate Shutterstock said:

Hi @urbazon

We agree that the releases interface is not working well. The developers are working on a solution as their highest priority.

In the meantime, you can make it more workable by moving releases you aren't using to the Archive. It's not a great solution, but it does work.

Thanks, @Kate Shutterstock, it's great to hear it's a priority.

Yesterday I did what you suggest (archiving releases) and while we're at it, can you ask/suggest developers to implement some additional features on Releases page as well? For example, multi selection, search, ability to rename the release, etc... I had to click a lot of times yesterday while archiving a lot of releases, as each archiving demands 2 clicks (click on edit icon, click on "archive" button) and I had to do it for each release separately... Not very user-friendly experience, and it was redesigned recently and left at it... :)

4 minutes ago, urbazon said:

Thanks, @Kate Shutterstock, it's great to hear it's a priority.

Yesterday I did what you suggest (archiving releases) and while we're at it, can you ask/suggest developers to implement some additional features on Releases page as well? For example, multi selection, search, ability to rename the release, etc... I had to click a lot of times yesterday while archiving a lot of releases, as each archiving demands 2 clicks (click on edit icon, click on "archive" button) and I had to do it for each release separately... Not very user-friendly experience, and it was redesigned recently and left at it... :)

Yes! I'll make sure all of this is on the list.

"In parallel, the team is working on optimizations to the right-hand panel. This will help you see more of the information you’re working on with less scrolling. They’ll also add a visual cue that makes it simpler for you to see at a glance which clips and images have all the required metadata and are ready to submit..."

Kate! How to convey to you the idea that the very idea of the right and left panels is vicious?

54 minutes ago, Mahlebashieva said:

How can we submit images with specific keywords, which are not in the SS vocabulary?

You just include them as normal and when you submit, it will highlight them with a red box as being possibly miss spelled. Click on the box and select it's correct or, one of the options provided. Sadly you have to go into each one.... one at a time, which is very time consuming when you submit content that has Gaelic names etc. You used to be able to scan through them and select submit all but that has now gone!

3 hours ago, Kate Shutterstock said:

Yes! I'll make sure all of this is on the list.

Hi Kate,

Could you just clarify/advise when a release is classed as archive? Is it when you will no longer use the release for any new images? If so, does that mean that ALL images in our ports with a release attached are all still live, and the release should not be archived?

3 hours ago, Matylda Laurence said:

thanks Kate for talking with us...

See how easy that was. a Minute. I asked twice. is there anyway to Batch the releases into archival status?? Alex asked me to try that and It had no effect it was intended to have and when you have as many release as Me. It would take way to Long. and Happy Thanksgiving.

Hello, my experience was the following with the new layout:

- Actually i was slower submitting the content than with the previous layout.
- I don't like the never ending scrolling for the submission of images. i would like to select how many images appear, like, 50, 100, 200.
- multiple selection of images doesn't always work, using the shift button sometimes randomly selects images, on a vertical basis, sometimes it mixes the selection, i don't understand the gimmick. I would like a selection square on top in order to select all images on the batch (50/100/200).
- thumbnails are too big, i would like a selection for size of thumbnail (small, normal, big)
- i would like elements more tight to each other in order for me to see a broader picture of the submission process, in order to do LESS scrolling up and down.
- i like the grammatical correction.
- i like the category of only one, most people don't usually don't search by category. 
- new layout is more cpu/code/graphics intensive, less snappy and smooth than previous layout
- i didn't tried new video layout yet.
- i got 4 images stuck in the submission layout, that were already submitted, but only disappeared from the submission layout when i submitted all the other images.

At this moment, 1:30 PM CST, I find that on selecting a file to upload in Internet Explorer, it gives "We can't accept the following files because we don't support that file type."

But in Firefox it works.