Kate Shutterstock

Submission Page Update

Hi,

Thanks for sharing your feedback on the Forum and in our recent Poll. While our admin team can’t respond to each of your comments or suggestions, we are listening! We report your concerns, ideas, and experiences to our product and technology leaders to help them prioritize what to work on next.

Currently, our developers are working to resolve the pressing issue many of you have reported about adding releases. We know that the experience is very slow and sometimes impossible, so this is our highest priority. In the meantime, you can improve the speed of this module by moving any releases you aren’t using right now to the archive (learn how).

In parallel, the team is working on optimizations to the right-hand panel. This will help you see more of the information you’re working on with less scrolling. They’ll also add a visual cue that makes it simpler for you to see at a glance which clips and images have all the required metadata and are ready to submit.

You can expect to see small changes rolling out frequently in the coming days and weeks. After we make these updates to the right panel, our developers will move on to the Approval Status pages. We’ll provide a view of pending and rejected content that is more convenient than the current view, which I know is tough to use now that each image is contained in its own batch.

Thank you for your commitment to Shutterstock and for sharing all your passionate feedback with us here on the Forum. 

--Kate

12 hours ago, Kate Shutterstock said:

our developers will move on to the Approval Status pages. We’ll provide a view of pending and rejected content that is more convenient than the current view, which I know is tough to use now that each image is contained in its own batch.

@Kate Shutterstock - Kate, now when this is in works, please tell the tech people to implement this: display the exact/original file names of the rejected images/footage.
I don't know the structure of your code, but it shouldn't be too hard to display such information, however it will be extremely helpful to many of us, I'm sure.

We need "LARGE" changes, Not small Ones.Can I batch Delete Old  releases to archival? Alex told me thats a fix for the "ADDING A RELEASE ISSUE., Can you help. I have "A LOT" of releases because of your silly need of embedding that no other site needs ...I did a test. did about 30 and still cannot upload a release. KATE....Stay with us or find someone that will and please try to answer the questions. we get Kinda bummed out when you or no One does. do we only have you and alex on this?? there used to be a lot of admins?? and what happened to the 25 Page thread about this. Pls don't say you deleted it. Im coming up on 54,000 Posts here and 85% were helping Others. It's not difficult and I wasn't being Paid.

And yes, I cleared Cache and all the other advice.

It took me THREE HOURS to upload THREE VECTORS today. That's an hour per image. You broke the submission page without bothering to fix the things that have been broken for months. You system still "loses" most vectors I upload, so I always get an error message that the matching jpg wasn't uploaded (it was). Today I had to upload each vector TEN TIMES to get one through to your editor. If you have more than one image with the same keywords and your system STILL doesn't recognize certain spellings (like xmas), and you say the spelling is correct, then hit submit, your system simply does nothing...the images will not go through. You have to refresh the page and then submit each image separately.

I used to dread uploading to F------a, but now it seems like a stroll in the park on a fresh spring day compared to Shutterstock.

Just go back to the old editor! Admit you were wrong.

Please bring back the old editor!

What most annoys me is that before I could see the keywords for every individual image, now I have to first click on the image to see the keywords.

19 hours ago, Laurin Rinder said:

We need "LARGE" changes, Not small Ones.Can I batch Delete Old  releases to archival? Alex told me thats a fix for the "ADDING A RELEASE ISSUE., Can you help. I have "A LOT" of releases because of your silly need of embedding that no other site needs ...I did a test. did about 30 and still cannot upload a release. KATE....Stay with us or find someone that will and please try to answer the questions. we get Kinda bummed out when you or no One does. do we only have you and alex on this?? there used to be a lot of admins?? and what happened to the 25 Page thread about this. Pls don't say you deleted it. Im coming up on 54,000 Posts here and 85% were helping Others. It's not difficult and I wasn't being Paid.

Welcome back ;o)

On 11/18/2017 at 6:04 PM, Laurin Rinder said:

There are LARGE changes: don't you see this LARGE empty and useless space between the thumbnails and the column on the right?
:P

Of course. they can Put all the empty stuff in they want. I just want things to work Like adding a release."LIKE 2 WEEKS AGO"!!!!! I got a Email today saying One of My Pics was approved........it's been in My port for a week.....LOL Now Im told?  I cannot add new releases until I archive My Old Ones. A few thousand? really One at a time. I won't do it and if thats the case this is as far as I will go.This Journey will end here.

5 hours ago, paula french said:

Welcome back ;o)

Thanks Paula. Im back for this issue only to add support actually I never left. I just do everything By PM. Much More useful and helpful to avoid the pretenders. Im working with about 22 folks that show real promise and who wanna make a difference. Im working with One woman from Upstate NY who is a Nurse that I predict will Be a huge Player soon. Great eye.

9 minutes ago, Laurin Rinder said:

Thanks Paula. Im back for this issue only to add support actually I never left. I just do everything By PM. Much More useful and helpful to avoid the pretenders. Im working with about 22 folks that show real promise and who wanna make a difference. Im working with One woman from Upstate NY who is a Nurse that I predict will Be a huge Player soon. Great eye.

Good to know that you're still in the background my friend. Hope that you are keeping well.

I submitted 2 photos, then noticed something I didn't like. I deleted them before the review and submitted new versions.

For some reason the main page showed 4 photos waiting for approval, instead of 2. When the 2 photos were approved, the counter went down from 4 to 0.

Moreover, after approval, the rejection count on the main page increased with 2.

I rejected my initial submission, not a reviewer. That counter should not be pegged in such situations.