David Bokuchava

Show the best animals / wildlife images from your portfolio!

59 minutes ago, Susan Bell Photography said:

I would be more grossed out if they were eating lice off each other.  I don't like bugs or parasites.

Speaking of parasites, this is high magnification "micro" wildlife - parasite eggs:

Whipworm (Thichuris trichiura): Microscopic image of uterus with eggs of a whipworm, a parasitic helminthic nematode (roundworm).  Specimen was obtained from the cecum of a patient during colonoscopy.

https://www.shutterstock.com/image-photo/whipworm-thichuris-trichiura-microscopic-image-uterus-490435963?src=Ux6QXS9mLyEhoyzTIGssJQ-1-1

13 hours ago, mandritoiu said:

I used these objectives:

- Nikon CFI 4x 0.20 Super Fluor 
- Nikon CFI 10x 0.30 Plan Fluor 

connected to a Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II

Interesting, I didn't know you could attach a microscope objective directly to a DSLR camera and lens.... obviously I've got some homework to do.  I have a relatively inexpensive camera attached to a microscope, but it can't do anything like yours. 

My port is over 60% animals/wildlife, and there's now way I could pick the "best", because what I personally like is not the same as what buyers need.

Here are some that I like, in no particular order -

Our big horse with a stray cat - best friends.

stock-photo-tuxedo-cat-and-a-big-horse-b

Caterpillar of Gulf Fritillary butterfly, just after hatching, eating his own egg shell for energy / nutrition, the caterpillar is about 2mm long, or 1/10th inch -

stock-photo-freshly-hatched-gulf-fritill

My cute little guy is summer rain -

stock-photo-arabian-horse-in-soft-summer

One of my cats zoooooming -

stock-photo-orange-tabby-cat-running-ful

2 hours ago, David Litman said:

Sari, nice shot of cat running.  Someone "put a tiger in his tank".

That kitty gets the zooomies, you have to be ready, and if possible, you have to try to get him to run at the best angle in regard of sunlight - otherwise you don't get anything worth submitting :)

So many nice shots! Thanks to everybody who replied!

On 17.11.2017 at 3:39 AM, phortun said:

I am sorry for asking this stupid question but how do I attach the actual images to the comment? It only let me add links :(  

You need to copy the URL of your image (a right click of the mouse) and just paste the URL into the comment or post...