hjochen

ftp upload

hi,

the problem still exists without any resolution and it is impossible to upload footage! Most agencies have an upload speed for me with 3,4 M/Bis shutterstock has 100 K/bis.

Maybe if this si not solved the next time shutterstock will loose aand can not present new seasonal videos and pictures espec. for christmas and wintertime.

The other agencies will win this race.............

please work on it

One video file is estimating 6+ hours to upload right now through the FTP...

This has been a problem for several weeks. Contributor support is NOT helping, I've reached out to personal contacts on Shutterstock sending me right back to contributor support. This is not working, please communicate this to technical, look into our accounts and please fix this issue soon.

I have been uploading to other sites with no issues. This is on Shutterstock's end. Please fix, I have tons of time relevant video content that should already be through the curating process.

Thank you in advance.

Hans-Joachim

ID 317038

Germany

ftp upload slow like a snail only 75 K/bis normally with other agencies 3,9 M/bis

footage and pics the same problem

it starts with 250 K/bis and goes down to 75

i have no such problems with any other agency i support to 18 all other have the full speed of 3,9 M/bis

please solve these problems!ssslow.JPG.7d5f26274fe69a46467f5f9666cb25d8.JPGssslow.JPG.7d5f26274fe69a46467f5f9666cb25d8.JPG

Ok this is just appalling for an agency of such a magnitude.

During these past 2 weeks i have barely managed to upload a dozen clips of time critical footage, whereas i should have uploaded 5 times that amount, at least.

You are ruining a months work here made on a self-financed trip, and the only viable option if this goes om will be to upload as HD, and reupload a few months later as intended (4K) ,essentially spamming your servers (and my portfolio) with dual content.

Do yourselves a favour, will you,and stop insulting me as a professional.

2 hours ago, Geohan said:

Ok this is just appalling for an agency of such a magnitude.

During these past 2 weeks i have barely managed to upload a dozen clips of time critical footage, whereas i should have uploaded 5 times that amount, at least.

You are ruining a months work here made on a self-financed trip, and the only viable option if this goes om will be to upload as HD, and reupload a few months later as intended (4K) ,essentially spamming your servers (and my portfolio) with dual content.

Do yourselves a favour, will you,and stop insulting me as a professional.

Quote from SS on the front page "Great news! We’ve improved the submission experience."

19 minutes ago, Marbury said:

Quote from SS on the front page "Great news! We’ve improved the submission experience."

Dunno maybe im old school and dont find these new pleasurable experiences suited to my taste.

On the other hand having to upload 300gbs of data with speeds ranging from 50 to 100 kb/s is definitely a new experience.

Speeds during these past months have been for the most days low (half of max for example) and noone was really complaining for this minor "hiccup" (and i dont mean that as a compliment for shutterstock quite the opposite as one doesnt really expect much from shutterstock anymore) ,but 1/10 of that is a deal-breaker.For the first time in 3 years i am thinking of uploading to the agencies that i used to upload last.

Speed today has been 60kbp/s.

6-9 hours for a  4k file.

3-4 clips a day for 200 clips.

You dont have to be a genius producer to make necessary workflow adjustments given the circumstances.