Alexlky

Bridge camera 1" sensor, it is good for microstock?

I am using FZ1000, at the first place for 4K footage and for macro some times.

From time to time I use it for travel photography.It is limited with sensor size, so  for stock photography  it is usable only at basic ISO, because of noise.

I replaced it with GX80 (85) with 14-140 lens.(Still have both camera)

1 hour ago, sima said:

FZ1000 is 697.99 $ and RX10 III is 1298 $ in BH.

Is it twice better?I do not think so.

Consider also some micro 4:3

The Panasonic  FZ 2500 is $1000 plus

None of this matters to me. Just trying to answer a question

19 hours ago, sima said:

I am using FZ1000, at the first place for 4K footage and for macro some times.

From time to time I use it for travel photography.It is limited with sensor size, so  for stock photography  it is usable only at basic ISO, because of noise.

I replaced it with GX80 (85) with 14-140 lens.(Still have both camera)

Thank you very much @sima. You are a very experienced photographer and I am sure whatever tool get into your hand would yield excellent results. GX80 and marvelous 14-140 both are very good setup and expensive too :)

I was thinking if I was to buy a decent FF long macro lens will cost me more than a complete set FZ1000 and only be used for a single purposes. I guess FX1000 is only good for close up and video. I might be wrong. 

I don’t have 4k capable body and I think FZ1000 are cheapest just nice for the slot. Never own 1” sensor before but I think it is more forgiving for macro still or video. The mid-size body might just perfect to hold firm with attached flash or video light. Since I am more toward fixed lens user, I may skid M4/3 option because I don’t plan to carry another batch of lenses with my main camera. No idea what I am think might be wrong, you are very helpful, your opinions are most appreciated. 

12 hours ago, Rudy Umans said:

If I am not mistaken, The Panasonic uses outdated Sony sensors, so you might as well look for a late model Sony like the RX10 mkiii (long lens for birding, otherwise look at the rx100 mkv)

Good day, @Rudy. Thank you so much for the suggestion. FZ1000 was said to equal or better than RX10 M2 and RX100M4 are using smaller BSI sensor as of FZ 1" sensor. Birding is not an easy subject, shutter speed 1/1000s and above, probably may require higher ISO, a bit tough , no idea any user here getting good result doing birding with it.

Sony RX10 M3 quite costly may jeopardize with my budget of another upgrade to main camera (intermittently malfunction for the pass months). So, thinking of getting FZ which are using leaf shutter, maybe the cheapest 4k capable mid-size compact and save me on lens.

I am using superzoom compact both Sony and Pana before. Maybe they are not as refine as of today.   

Slow motion video