New Submission Page Update & Poll!

We’re looking for your input! What do you want to see next?  

272 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 367
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It is horrible. Вот уроды, вместо 10 минут полчаса на загрузка со внесенными мета.

Hello SS team. Just a few suggestions to the new contributor tool: - Place that shows when the image was captured (for editorial captions useful) - Field to choose a already created set.

Posted Images

- Huge thumbnails. We need option to resize for diferent monitors; 

- Prevoius design had very convenient wide area with keywords and descriptions, it was easy to read and edit,but  now we have this narrow right column. I prefer having wider keywords area, somebody might like bigger thumbnails. Please make it adjustable so that everybody could adjust layout's width and height. Now it's very painful to scroll;

- Maybe you could leave "classic" uploader accessible for pagan users like me. New design isn't bad, but I would prefer using the old panel, it was very intuitive and easy to use;

- New keyword suggestions look interesting. Please make new suggestions pushable. Every time I see a word I push on it, then push once again on cross to add it;

- Zoom button is good to have, but I prefer to have zoom when pointing or clicking on image (auto zoom?), not opening it in new window;

- Single category is ok

- Every new acceptance\rejection into separate batch is a bad idea. How are we supposed to track what image was accepted and what not? This actually looks like a try to slow down the uploads and base growth, but it is actually a big new headache for contributors ((

This is meant to work on a phone, isn't it.  It's got that "big bubble" feel that sites selling to people who use tablets and phones have.

Contributors are much more likely to use a desktop with a big screen, because the PROFESSIONALS like to see what they're editing and submitting clearly. 

Get somebody besides 20 something hipsters on your design crew.

29 minutes ago, GMMaria said:

У меня все Норм. Сообщите в поддержку. Тут они по-русски не читают думаю. 

Пожалуйста, напишите на английском на форуме на английском языке!
Спасибо!

It would also be very, very helpful If the folks we talk to or read here are contributors and have the experience we do. At the very least walks a few miles in our shoes doing this. Also....My New is My New, My Most Popular is still way out of whack....Just saying. But small potatoes compared to the editor.

It's really painful experience - new upload system. Pls. return the old one back.

Each photo in separate batch? Hm.. Who on earth thought of this "smart" decision?

One plus of the new one - keywords suggestions, though previously "Suggest keyword" function worked great too.

Hope you can reverse the change... It's unusable, in my humble opinion.

I have to agree with everyone saying the previews are unnecessarily big.  If I'm submitting an image, I already know what it looks like and don't need more 'detail.'  Having more space to work on keywords and descriptions is much more helpful and I miss the count of keywords at the bottom.  Since we are limited to fifty, I want to be efficient with them, not spend time counting.  I do like the suggested keywords.

On 10/11/2017 at 11:50 PM, Perry Correll said:

Well, this is probably the wrong place to put this, but what the hell.

I was trying to analyze just how badly my new images aren't selling as compared to old. I found it pretty cumbersome to turn this into something less than a monumental chore, as the only way I could find stats was to go to Top Performers. I would love to be able to access the stats on any given image at any time. For instance, I have a very old image that sold this week. I had no idea if it had ever sold before - still don't. Obviously, it's not a Top Performer, but out of 4100+ images, how many have sold once or twice only? That's pages and pages of hunting. And the ones that never sold? Can't tell.

Why can't I just click on an image and see it's basic stats?

I vote for that too !

The old top performers page showed images without sales and you could order by total earnings or the total downloads, please bring this ability to the new page.

3 hours ago, Darla Hallmark said:

This is meant to work on a phone, isn't it.  It's got that "big bubble" feel that sites selling to people who use tablets and phones have.

Contributors are much more likely to use a desktop with a big screen, because the PROFESSIONALS like to see what they're editing and submitting clearly. 

Get somebody besides 20 something hipsters on your design crew.

perfectly said!

On 11.11.2017 at 5:09 AM, Pajor Pawel said:

Your previous submission page was my favorite because of its simplicity. 

You have turned it to a complete mess, it is not intuitive and very difficult to use 

We don't need to see massive preview of the uploaded picture. It was so user friendly and easy to use 

Whoever designed this GUI should try different profession 

*cough cough they should try work with stock (becouse its looks trendy) but not working well:wacko: 

Is it some kind fighting with spammers?:)

If Shutterstock wants to keep new page, so do at least the following:

1. Alphabet order A-Z for already uploaded releases by default;

2. Make more compact view because now everything is too big - previews, keywords, category etc. Make smaller in order not to scroll down the page;

3. You made button "Select all" so make another one "Deselect all".

I managed to upload 9 photos mainly with model releases and in addition to the usual remarks I would just add:

When a model release has already been selected, it should remain selected and when you move to the next photo.

The time spent for uploading is increased roughly by 50%, but it is still better than in relation to some other agencies.

The keyword suggestion is quite useful,  but the upper part where is select all button is not particularly intuitive.

Personally I don't find the keywords suggestion useful at all.

The keywords suggestion should be (has to be) an external instrument.
There is already one here: https://submit.shutterstock.com/portfolio/suggestions.mhtml
But I prefer this one: https://www.keyword.io/tool/stock-photo-research

Titles, descriptions and keywords should be written in the files (IPTC) before to upload the images, not in the submission page.

Speaking of broken...if you do  use the suggested keyword tool (I did because the keywords listed had nothing to do with my image) and copy and paste it, the system will not recognize the keywords unless you ADD another keyword manually. If you do not do this, it will give you an error of "nothing submitted". Simply awful.

On 11/10/2017 at 5:28 PM, Marcel Brekelmans said:

'Select All' toggles into 'Unselect All'

I Had the same complaint but figured it out. After you click Multi-Select and/or Select all, there is an X all the way to the left with no indication of what it might be for. But if you click on it, it deselects everything. Yeah, wrong place and no explanation, but it works.

Is this survey supposed to be a joke of some kind? Come on. You have page after page of people pointing out the really big problems with your new interface, and you put together a survey with four options nobody's really asking for. Everyone's POed because you pushed keywording over to a little column on the right and made us scroll to input, and made us toggle back and forth with "multi select" to select images, and required us to find hidden features that were visible before, and stopped labeling vectors, and in every way made this interface the most difficult to use of pretty much any microstock agency. And after days of people expressing their anger your response is to put together a survey that's virtually meaningless, so now you have two threads with people saying the same thing over and over again.

This interface is for the IT guys and your investors, NOT your contributors. You had features before that made SS a pleasure to upload to, and your IT guys never considered that there were legit reasons for all of it. They just chopped it apart and created a Frankenstein monster with three left arms, a leg and a half, two heads and no eyes. And now you're asking whether this limping, unseeing monster should have more hair on his three arms or less.

when I would submit before, instead of scrolling through dropdowns for the categories, i'd hit "P" on the keyboard for parks and outdoor lets say, now I can't do this.  its a small thing, but it saves time.  and the only way shutterstock works for me is if I can submit efficiently without wasting my own time. can you make the categories keyboard letter responsive again please? 

also, i need to second the point i read somewhere else about how much blank space there is and the portion of the screen dedicated to adding information has been relegated to a narrow column that makes me claustrophobic when entering categories. 

luckily, i send all my jpegs with meta attached, if I had to use the content editor to put in my keywords and titles, I'd probably have a lot more suggestions to offer. but ya, balance of space and categories are my #1. 

Just submitted the images using the new platform for the first time and it took me twice as long as it did before using the old system :( The photos previews are way too big, but the right side for putting all the information about the photo is way too narrow. No indication if the photo have been complete and is ready to be submitted. 

The new keyword system is what slows down the process, before, Shutterstock had one of the best keyword systems, it was easy and fast, now it is unnecessary complicated....

Will be waiting for updates and improvements :) 

42 minutes ago, Christopher Gardiner said:

when I would submit before, instead of scrolling through dropdowns for the categories, i'd hit "P" on the keyboard for parks and outdoor lets say, now I can't do this.  its a small thing, but it saves time.  and the only way shutterstock works for me is if I can submit efficiently without wasting my own time. can you make the categories keyboard letter responsive again please? 

Yes, this! I already reported this, I'm glad I'm not the only one who was using this ability to speed up the navigation using keyboard.
Not only the categories, but the model releases as well. Those easily accumulate to many times longer list than the category-list (somebody else around here reported they have more than 1000 releases and counting! Imagine scrolling through that, each time over and over again!)