New Submission Page Update & Poll!

We’re looking for your input! What do you want to see next?  

272 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I don't get it.  You advertise on Craigslist, to get a storm of newbies to submit, then make it damned awkward to actually submit.  Go back to the old one, it was simpler, faster, less frustrating.

The keyword suggestions keep blocking my view of what I'm typing.  I have to scroll down to see what I just entered. 

I know changes can be annoying, and I try to give them a chance, but this just sucks all around.  I can't see any advantage or improvement.

You fixed something that wasn't broken, damn you.

• Replies 367
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It is horrible. Вот уроды, вместо 10 минут полчаса на загрузка со внесенными мета.

Hello SS team. Just a few suggestions to the new contributor tool: - Place that shows when the image was captured (for editorial captions useful) - Field to choose a already created set.

Posted Images

New upload page is a hot mess.

Not intuitive and many of the features are not friendly to someone who works on an iPad Pro.

Old system was better and easier to access...definite step backwards.

I think the first think they will notice is a drop off in uploads...the interface takes me about twice as long per image to up load.

Makes me more likely to upload on another site then get to shutterstock.  

Sad day for Shutter stock

Kate! Why choose between the right and left hand. Both are needed.
"An edit view that shows each clip or image with all its metadata at a glance» & «Visual indication of which clips and images have complete details and are ready to submit». They are two sides of the same coin. One without the other makes little sense. Moreover, I do not need to see what is ready to be submited. I need to see what is not ready and immediately places of error. Not just an error indication - a specific place of error: description, keywords, etc. All this was in the previous interface. I do not need large previews of my photos - I photographed them, then edited them, I nazy them by heart. A small preview and as much as possible places under the attributes: description and keywords. AND ONLY A LIST. As many pictures as possible on the screen. DO NOT HAVE THE BIG PREVIEWS PHOTOS. It was very convenient that I immediately hit the mouse cursor in the editing of the description, or could remove / add key words WITHOUT SELECTING PHOTOS. I do not know how others, I upload photos from my laptop. 13 "screen. Each inch is important. Why decorations, if they interfere with the work. 
PS Return the number of uploaded photos.

10 hours ago, Yuri Turkov said:

That's right. I also fail to add more than just one category. Suggested keywords is a great idea that really saves time, but the rest looks a bit messy. Probably, it looks new and unusual... Let's take time to understand...  The previous submission procedure was really good, just needed a bit of approval, such as "suggested keywords". You don't have to change everything upside down in order to improve something, which is good enough... That's my opinion

Totally agree,

Congratulations.

You've gone from the simplest, fastest, easiest, most intuitive submission system to a mess worse that iSomething ever was in just one "upgrade". Not something I would aspire to, but it sure is impressive.

I work with a 4K screen. 90% of that was white - with a large (jet in the space tiny) icon for my clip. And ALL relevant data was pushed into a tiny side bar that I had to scroll (scrolling on a 4K screen? Really?) through, to find the editorial button. Seriously...?

And apparently submitting keywords from foreign languages (like names of places or species) is no longer permitted? I just had to remove pretty much every relevant keyword from a travel clip, just to get it submitted. Are you kidding me?

I won't repeat all the other problems this mess has, nobody has the time for that. And nobody will be reading it anyway.

But if anyone at Shutterstock really reads the forum: Get rid of whoever designed that mess and get someone who knows what KISS means.

4 hours ago, Darla Hallmark said:

Oh yeah, I couldn't even answer the survey, because the options are not mutually exclusive, and none of them seem to really apply.

The idea was to set priorities - which first, second etc- which sounds a sensible approach, given that it is not possible to do everything at once.

Ok I gave the new data entry page a try. This is not something that anyone will get used to, we as submitter always dislike change but wow. Once the fastest simplest data entry. Now we can't see the full file name, no video thumb to help, one category (ok that's fine and ok), can't copy & paste for similars. Biggest is NO FILE NAME that can be read fully. When we have our data on our hard drives and can easily copy and paste into the once easy SS data blocks now can't figure out what the actual file is. The single photo frame grab does not work on what the file name is. Please go back to the column display and entry instead of the column and row. Show the full file name. Give the copy paste ability back. As submitters we don't care how ugly it is, we want easy, fast and uncluttered. This is painful and unusable unless we upload one file at a time so we know what it is. This really is not something we can get used to working with as it is now.

i still love old version of submission page, because

-I definitely miss a lot viewing metadata without clicking on each photo, that should be a priority.
-  I miss is submitting images of various categories and types (editorial/non-editorial) in one batch.
-It is extremely inefficient to click on each image separately to see which one was rejected.

-I definitely miss a lot viewing metadata without clicking on each photo, that should be a priority.

First try on the submission and there are some feature that I don't really like it: 

-I don't like the idea of making it each an item for the whole submission process. It would be a hassle to even find back the image submitted without preview, by clicking each item once to find it.

-Its really difficult to edit the keyword. Erroneous words blocked the submission at the last stage, and you have to click it to a few times to confirm that it is a valid keyword. This is especially hard when dealing with multiple images.

-And when they notify me after the review, my cell is flooded with the notifications.  

-The Approval Status is equally un-user friendly. Each Submission are marked with different batch and it will flood the page. As time goes by, the list is gonna be longer as each image is gonna have a different batch number. Imagine all the hassle to go through the whole list just to find hundreds or even thousands of images. 

Before this it has been very difficult to find back an image for edits, please don't make it harder than it is.

Edited by Kwang Chun Gan
7 hours ago, Sarah2 said:

The idea was to set priorities - which first, second etc- which sounds a sensible approach, given that it is not possible to do everything at once.

I honestly don't get this.  How is it possible to break an old,  fast,  reliable content editor with a whole new UI, but impossible to fix what's broken the same way? 

Are we to believe that the people coding this nightmare can't walk and chew gum at the same time? 

Dear Kate!! Images on the left side are huge and covering the whole screen and pushing the keywording column towords right and  I can not see how many keywords I wrote
The old editor is much preferred and faster. Everything was easy  while sending images. Now, you updated the super-working system into... Whoever designed this UX should try another profession(((I am so sorry!