New Submission Page Update & Poll!

We’re looking for your input! What do you want to see next?  

272 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

11 hours ago, Laurin Rinder said:

Guys. they are moving On to other things. this Old school Amateur Upload system and content issues are a  "who Cares" ISSUE obviously. The upload changes and discussing them is useless. Last week they accepted another Million Images. these folks couldn't care less. Im thinking we get over it and Move on. I have yet to meet or talk to One person from SS that does what we do and understands what we do. That includes every admin  or reviewer or owner. ......EVER! since Day One. except a few I can count on my one hand since 2005 who I still keep in touch with.

Laurin is right. SS does not care; how many of us have reported bugs and problems in the submission system and how much has been corrected. It has more bugs than road kill and still nothing gets changed. They have seen all the requests to bring back the old system but those voices simply echo in a rabbit hole. SS is off creating sketch tools for customers, showcasing "violet" toned images, introducing new music venues; they do not care that they have made life more difficult for contributors. They probably think we are somewhat ungrateful. I told them of images being approved that were not actually submitted and their first thought was "must be user error". Sure, like I can somehow make this happen. So, the reviewers make countless mistakes, so they change the submission ground rules and don't update the data base to reflect new criteria...who cares? SS has shareholders to satisfy; not contributors. As long as they "market" images better than other companies, they are successful.

• Replies 367
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It is horrible. Вот уроды, вместо 10 минут полчаса на загрузка со внесенными мета.

Hello SS team. Just a few suggestions to the new contributor tool: - Place that shows when the image was captured (for editorial captions useful) - Field to choose a already created set.

Posted Images

35 minutes ago, Michael Warwick said:

Laurin is right. SS does not care; how many of us have reported bugs and problems in the submission system and how much has been corrected. It has more bugs than road kill and still nothing gets changed. They have seen all the requests to bring back the old system but those voices simply echo in a rabbit hole. SS is off creating sketch tools for customers, showcasing "violet" toned images, introducing new music venues; they do not care that they have made life more difficult for contributors. They probably think we are somewhat ungrateful. I told them of images being approved that were not actually submitted and their first thought was "must be user error". Sure, like I can somehow make this happen. So, the reviewers make countless mistakes, so they change the submission ground rules and don't update the data base to reflect new criteria...who cares? SS has shareholders to satisfy; not contributors. As long as they "market" images better than other companies, they are successful.

I couldn't have said it better. So sad. :(:angry:

How I hate this tool :angry:
Since my last post here from months ago, nothing changed.:(
Coming back from Costa Rica a few days ago, with nearly 2000 beautiful 4K shots, I'm struggling now, with my last uploads from last night.

Why don't you guys get it, that a latin name (zool.) is NOT a misspelling?
(In this case, I cannot submit my shots)

And what about the name of the Clip?
Shall I put it under description?

You guys @shutterstock know what?
I just let it.

As long as you won't provide us with a proper interface, you won't earn money with my new files, 
because I really care, that you already earned thousands of thousands of dollars only with my stuff.

Here it's 5a.m. now and as angry as I am now, I better drink some coffees, rather than
destroying my (sun)day by supporting you with my shots and hassesling around with this shit here!

Sorry...nuff said!

IEDNlab

Shutter.JPG

yeah, you can select all clips at once...but I usually upload hundreds of files, divided in different bunches...so sometimes I only can select 3 or 5 clips at once, but not more.
It's just totally uncomfortable, when dealing with such a high amount of data and any further work, which should be unnecessary, makes my incomes smaller and at least just senseless.

btw: thanks :)
IEDNlab

I had the misfortune to process some recent uploads on a fairly poor connection. It is even worse than doing it on a good connection - plus when you remove "invalid" keywords - that are in the suggested list by the way, you really should tell us what they are and what is invalid about them, since they are often the one keyword that you would use to search for the image. Use all your great new technology to make the interface work like it used to be before you improved it from one of the best upload processing pages in the industry to among the worst. 

On 06.12.2017 at 10:39 PM, Whiteaster said:

You just have to push the + button for the suggested keyword  and it will be added to your keywords. These new keywords show up at the top, in front of your own keywords.

Of course i know about that it's ok. But i told some other problem, it's service "keyword suggestion tool" so this one not work and doesn't copy the words from images that i noted.

before the last changes it was very useful tool and make great work to save my time.

+100 Tom - have mentioned this problem with keywording before - the instant removal of invalid words exasperates me. Sometime it takes a few minutes for the brain to engage and find the ideal keyword to describe an image that renders the buyer a more descriptive choice. I have almost stopped using the offered keywords as they are basic and often counterproductive. It would be great Alex if they were left in my list and I could chose which to delete and which suits my pitch to the buyer who will be searching through millions of SS algorithm made choices, which one assumes is the basis for those offered to me. From my own experience I rarely go beyond page two when I am doing R & D online and possible the seeking buyer will do the same?

Why didn't you consider fixing uploading process itself in the first place? Isn't it much more important?

I have to upload vector images one-by-one, instead of uploading them all at once, because if I do so, a lot of images are going to be missing, and even those successfully uploaded are going to be missing titles and keywords. Priorities? Somebody?

Guys, return the old form a pop-up window where the list of files that were uploaded with errors was displayed. Because at the moment the full name of the files is simply not displayed ( see the screen). And you removed the scroll, for some reason ...
If the user can not see the full name of the file, it can not fix it and reload it. 
especially when there are a lot of files, which are uploaded. And it is visually difficult to track which ones  did not upload, if the list with full names is not available.

problems_files.jpg

problems_files_1.jpg

• 1 year later...
On 11/11/2017 at 9:29 AM, AhmedSamirGFX said:

Hello,

For me the most inconvenient thing happened was the background of the editor is pure white

It is really annoying and very hard to my eye, You can look at Adobe for example

the main change for their interface was making them darker even to black if someone needed that so,

please do something about changing the background color or at least give us an option to change this

extremely bright color.

Thanks to your efforts,

Thanks for the answer such a great answer to me.

• 3 months later...

Hello SS team.

Just a few suggestions to the new contributor tool:

- Place that shows when the image was captured (for editorial captions useful)

- Field to choose a already created set. Like this we can add photos to sets while submitting. 

- Maybe a improved map with the ability to filter on country and see also past sales.

1 hour ago, 1000 Words Images said:

Hello SS team.

Just a few suggestions to the new contributor tool:

- Place that shows when the image was captured (for editorial captions useful)

- Field to choose a already created set. Like this we can add photos to sets while submitting. 

- Maybe a improved map with the ability to filter on country and see also past sales.

Good ideas but may I ask why are you reopening this 2 years old thread instead of writing your feedback to the new one?

15 minutes ago, Whiteaster said:

Good ideas but may I ask why are you reopening this 2 years old thread instead of writing your feedback to the new one?

Because the new one is specific about portfolio page. Other about keywording tool. This is about the submission page in general so I thought it fits here best.