Kate Shutterstock

New Submission Page Update & Poll!

We’re looking for your input! What do you want to see next?  

272 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. Which of the following features do you want to see first?

• An edit view that shows each clip or image with all its metadata at a glance
    • Ability to see all your recent pending / rejected content in one place
    • Visual indication of which clips and images have complete details and are ready to submit
    • Ability to search your releases when using the Add Release option
  2. 2. Which feature would you like us to work on second?

• Visual indication of which clips and images have complete details and are ready to submit
  3. 3. What would come next?

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/18/2017 at 01:00 AM

Thanks for all your comments about the updated submission page. Based on your feedback, we’ve already made a few improvements. You can now mark all keywords correct, and you can link directly to the custom keyword suggestion tool. Our developers will continue to deliver additional updates and improvements in the coming days and weeks. 

On this new platform, we can move quickly to bring you new features. We’re looking for your input! What do you want to see next?

Shutterstock was the only site (company) whose submission page was beyond great. Everything was easy and I was very comfortable while sending images. 

Now, you updated the super-working system into a mess. My comment is harsh, sorry but

- I can not see how many keywords I wrote

- I can not copy or paste keywords

- Images on the left side are huge and covering the whole screen and pushing the keywording column towords right. I did not have claustrophobia, now I have. 

Sorry but it is beyond horrible. 

- I definitely miss a lot viewing metadata without clicking on each photo, that should be a priority.
- Other feature I miss is submitting images of various categories and types (editorial/non-editorial) in one batch. Now I can submit only one at once. I was used to submit images in batches for each shooting (including various categories)
- For me it would be very useful to have a function to select editorial designation automatically when editorial description compliant metadata is detected.
- The situation with approval status of images is quite a mess too. It is extremely inefficient to click on each image separately to see which one was rejected.
- Is it really necessary to have categories? Do the buyers use it? If yes, it might be helpful to try to detect them automacially.

P.S. I really loved the original submission page.

There are many improvements. I want to see the original numbers with which the image was submitted by the author and the rejected images.
I welcome the possibility of correcting the wrong words and the keyword suggestion, but I would like to be able to copy my own words.
This page also wants to show the number of images as it was before.

Edited by Stefan Kunchev Kunchev
Spelling inaccuracies

New submit page looks pretty cool, kinda like adobe stock's which isn't a bad thing! The feature I want the most isn't on this list so I'll just throw it out there, you can track which keywords resulted in the most sales with images but not with footage, I'd love to see which keywords get more sales with my videos to help maximise sales potential.

Well, this is probably the wrong place to put this, but what the hell.

I was trying to analyze just how badly my new images aren't selling as compared to old. I found it pretty cumbersome to turn this into something less than a monumental chore, as the only way I could find stats was to go to Top Performers. I would love to be able to access the stats on any given image at any time. For instance, I have a very old image that sold this week. I had no idea if it had ever sold before - still don't. Obviously, it's not a Top Performer, but out of 4100+ images, how many have sold once or twice only? That's pages and pages of hunting. And the ones that never sold? Can't tell.

Why can't I just click on an image and see it's basic stats?

The new summbition page is terribly uncomfortable to use! Please, can you bring back the previous version. Or give us the option to use it insted of new.

I can't see all images in batch - only 2 in row (they are too big)
I can't make copy-paste
I can't select one category for all images
I can't summbit images in batch in one click - only one by one (((
The sistem of approval status of images is uncomfortable too!

Your previous submission page was my favorite because of its simplicity. 

You have turned it to a complete mess, it is not intuitive and very difficult to use 

We don't need to see massive preview of the uploaded picture. It was so user friendly and easy to use 

Whoever designed this GUI should try different profession 

Hello,

For me the most inconvenient thing happened was the background of the editor is pure white

It is really annoying and very hard to my eye, You can look at Adobe for example

the main change for their interface was making them darker even to black if someone needed that so,

please do something about changing the background color or at least give us an option to change this

extremely bright color.

Thanks to your efforts,

Yes lot of bad things happening... I am seeing dip in sales since the day all of images were washed out... One side SS is making improvements for whom?... I feel the old editior is much preferred and faster ... Also current approval email is a pain.. older one was perfect just listing the approved or rejected images.... 

How about address what the people here really want. 👍

Please fix this broke system of reviewing where there are unwarranted rejections. How about placing back the human in the reviewing process and add comment section back instead of this inhuman thing you have for us now. Should someone abuse this, you can always let the person know and ban the commenting back.

Fix this image thievery where those dumdums can remove water marks.

Oh and best stop dragging feet and "fix" things that really don't need to be fixed and were just fine as is such as that new fanged editor, downloader est.

(x) Ability to easily see image description (since you are allowed 200 characters, it needs to have the room to see what has been written easily), ability to easily see keywords for each image, copy keywords, copy description, attach releases, ability to select multiple images both commercial and editorial at the same time, ability to submit multiple images at one time, ability to see many images waiting to be submitted (20+).

1 hour ago, Pajor Pawel said:

Your previous submission page was my favorite because of its simplicity. 

You have turned it to a complete mess, it is not intuitive and very difficult to use 

We don't need to see massive preview of the uploaded picture. It was so user friendly and easy to use 

Whoever designed this GUI should try different profession 

agree 100%

Another very important thing that was in the old version now it is gone is the ability to correct mistakes while typing

the keywords by adding ragged red line under the incorrect word,

Now, when I write a keyword in the "enter keyword" field there is no indication if the word is a correct spelling or not.

This is a very useful feature that can't be forgotten ,

thanks ,

The new submission page is terrible. I loved the old one 100% better. Attaching releases is a total pain now. This thing looks like a UI designed by programmers who never ever submit images.

Why can't you let us to use the old interface too if one prefers that?

SS data entry for footage was one of the quickest and easiest of all agencies. Now it's all but impossible since we cannot see the file or footage name other than a the very start of the name. It makes it impossibly slow for us to find the matching file to add data from our data base to SS. It also makes it impossibly slow trying to figure out which files were successfully uploaded to SS. 

PLEASE show all uploaded file names in a easy to read list so we can manage our own hard drives on what has been sent to SS. Sad to see such a step backwards. Doesn't look like any submitter feel it made things easier and faster for us. Submitter want fast and easy, we don't care if it's pretty. FAST and Easy, easy to track, log and index back to our own data bases and hard drives. Please revert back to old until we can see the full file name. Please

1 hour ago, AhmedSamirGFX said:

Another very important thing that was in the old version now it is gone is the ability to correct mistakes while typing

the keywords by adding ragged red line under the incorrect word,

Now, when I write a keyword in the "enter keyword" field there is no indication if the word is a correct spelling or not.

This is a very useful feature that can't be forgotten ,

thanks ,

That's right. I also fail to add more than just one category. Suggested keywords is a great idea that really saves time, but the rest looks a bit messy. Probably, it looks new and unusual... Let's take time to understand...  The previous submission procedure was really good, just needed a bit of approval, such as "suggested keywords". You don't have to change everything upside down in order to improve something, which is good enough... That's my opinion

I can't attach model release. I click attach and instead of attaching model release to image, it just select another release, as attach button is somehow laying model release list. 

EDIT: i managed to do it. I had to decrease size of the text to 80%. It was on 100% till now, regular size. I look forward to do this every time when i upload; new submission process is like a little puzzle one has to figure out...supercute...

Kate, tell to your designers that not everybody use a 27" monitor…
It happens that somebody uses a 15' (or less)…
So they must to consider that when they project the layout.

By the way, seeing the last "new" pages, I have the impression that your designers have no idea about design.

How about showing us a screen shot of your proposed re-design pages and then letting us vote on what we think would be better for us? Not just for the edit page but all other updates that relates to us contributors, at least this would help with future versions, I dread to think how much money has been wasted on this way of working.