Kate Shutterstock

Coming Soon! Our New Content Editor

Hi, I have a problem when submitting releases.

Imagine we have 2 group images:

1st images:

Jekaterina, Juzefa, Svetlana, Valeria, Kristina.

2nd image:

Jekaterina, Juzefa, Svetlana, Valeria, Kristina  + Aljona and Julia.

Ok. I select both images and put releases for the same people (Jekaterina, Juzefa, Svetlana, Valeria, Kristina). After this I would like to put extra releases for Aljona and Julia to 2nd image. I click “+” on releases, change sort method to A-Z. And the system stops working normally. It works, but very-very-very slow. I even can’t scroll down releases.

The same problem in Chrome, Firefox and IE on Windows 7 and Windows 10. Tested with several images.  

8 hours ago, Autumn Sky Photography said:

Not really.  Old version exists & doesn't cost anything.  User Preference can be based on cookies;   so all you need in essence is 1 "if" statement in server code -- defaults to new, but if cookie is set fetch the old UI.   Not forever, but for transition period until bugs are fixed and people get used to new ways.

I also thought old UI was fantastic;  not flashy, but quick, intuitive and does its job.   I submit to 5 agencies & old SS UI was  favorite of the 5.  

I would like to keep the old one too but let's not exaggerate. SS old UI was always full of bugs but it was acceptable. I know at least two agencies that have flawless and reliable UI, never ever had a single bug. SS should have copied one of those if their IT team is incompetent or just fix the bugs on the old system.

It seams to me that these IT guy have to justify their efficiency and big salaries, so they blow the system up once in a while, to be noticed.

Why this (see image) does not work. Way too much wasted space in left frame when dealing with small batches (or single images) with no way to resize the frames to maximize editing space on the right panel(s). And yes, I think Adobe's contributor panel is no better. There is no reason in the world why these panels cannot or should not be user adjustable to match each individual workflow or situation, IMHO. And the same problem that plagues AS plagues this: too much scrolling up and down on the tiny space to the right to see or get to needed information while all that space on the left sits there serving no useful purpose. Sorry, but this is not an improvement over the old system in any way, shape, or form.

5a06d2e5b3f92_ScreenShot2017-11-11at2_36_46AM.thumb.png.470b54bd4fbe0ed816b0460dad422afa.png

And this (see image): Starting to type in a keyword brings up the keyword suggestion box with mostly irrelevant keywords, but they cover the keywords I've already entered! Where are my 9 entered keywords???  HIDDEN BEHIND SOMEONE ELSE'S IDEA OF WHAT KEYWORDS I SHOULD BE USING!  SERIOUSLY, I DON'T NEED THIS!  It breaks my concentration and slows me down!  You may as well have pop-up ads dancing all over my work area! So between the suggested keywords (with + signs) and this pop-up that keeps jumping out at me like a Jack Russell Terrier on meth, I have no idea what my current keywords are!  This whole programming disaster needs to be scrapped and rethought from scratch, this time with user input (preferably users not from Adobe!)

5a06d68254391_ScreenShot2017-11-11at2_47.15AMcopy.thumb.jpg.3ac2ffd327c21958fadbe3ba14f660bb.jpg

5 minutes ago, Phil Lowe said:

And this (see image): Starting to type in a keyword brings up the keyword suggestion box with mostly irrelevant keywords, but they cover the keywords I've already entered! Where are my 9 entered keywords???  HIDDEN BEHIND SOMEONE ELSE'S IDEA OF WHAT KEYWORDS I SHOULD BE USING!  SERIOUSLY, I DON'T NEED THIS!  It breaks my concentration and slows me down!  You may as well have pop-up ads dancing all over my work area! 

Very relevant keywords indeed. Who the h**l needs this stupid machine?

Ridiculous that you now can't submit an image with what the 'system' deems an irrelevant/erroneous keyword.

There are many well-known place names in the world that are not on SS list of acceptable keywords. How on earth are customers going to search for these specific images going forward?

6 minutes ago, Whiteaster said:

Very relevant keywords indeed. Who the h**l needs this stupid machine?

"Songbirds" was the keyword I was starting to type, but it (singular version) appears last on the list! It would take me more time to find and click on "songbird" from the pop-up than it does for me to type "birds" in myself! And why do you need the pop-up when you have suggested keywords (many of those irrelevant, too) cluttering the space below???

This really does look like it was developed by a government committee. :angry:

4 minutes ago, Phil Lowe said:

"Songbirds" was the keyword I was starting to type, but it (singular version) appears last on the list! It would take me more time to find and click on "songbird" from the pop-up than it does for me to type "birds" in myself! And why do you need the pop-up when you have suggested keywords (many of those irrelevant, too) cluttering the space below???

This really does look like it was developed by a government committee. :angry:

Tremendous empty space on page but they have to put the suggestions over the already typed keywords.

I think we can take a long vacation till they fix all this.

Just now, Whiteaster said:

Tremendous empty space on page but they have to put the suggestions over the already typed keywords.

I think we can take a long vacation till they fix all this.

Yep. I don't think I have the time or patience to deal with this right now. I did get that one image submitted, but no more until this all gets sorted out. It's just a huge time sink.

25 minutes ago, OlegSam said:

Пожалуйста, продолжайте, чтобы скачивать файлы, новый очень плохо, гораздо хуже, чем старый и не работает кнопка "Отправить". Не могу отправить файлы с фотографиями. И я выделил красным цветом слова в ключевых словах и в описании фото

Без имени-1.jpg

Be so kind and take the time to put that in Google translate because each and every opinion counts a lot but nobody has the time to translate it for you. Thanks.

Будьте так любезны и не торопитесь, чтобы это перевести в Google, потому что каждое мнение очень много, но у вас нет времени перевести его для вас. Благодарю.

NOT GOOD FOR TRAVELING PHOTOGRAPHER

I travel a lot so I do all of my processing and submitting (as well as maintain my filing system) on an iPad Pro.  This new interface is a total disaster.  The imbedded sliding frames with sliding frames within was poorly programmed and not optimized for  tablets.  Since I travel all over the country weekly it allows me (and other like me) the ability to access places of interest and then use spare time in evenings to process and upload. Can’t bring a second laptop so I use the iPad Pro.  Basically this took away the spare time I had to develop content because I cant upload as well when I travel...opps.

Should have been more of a controlled rollout and test.

The reason I alway would upload 100% of my finished images to SS first is it was easy to do so and a good use of my time...very intuitive system.  Only when finished processing for SS would I start to put some images on other systems with my spare time.  Honestly AS was the last one I would ever upload to (by far the worst interface) and only about 25% of my images ever made it as it is hard to do so and a waste of my time.  Now with this new SS system they are basically replicating the AS interface which drove them to my least desired platform.

I can give SS development team hard data on how to read in to my context.  I have no doubt they will see a SIGNIFICANT drop off in uploads as your would rank lower down the list in ease of upload.  Dont read this as people weeding out content...it just made it easier to first upload on other sites and then get to SS if you have time left over.

Sorry for the comparisons as I know it is Taboo but needs to make it to the development and marketing teams as there could be a potential long term impact to SS.  All of the work to keep us from mentioning competitors on forum also kept you from hearing that we preferred your interface and many (if not most) of us would have ranked your interface as better.

A better poll would have been:

What other systems do you use.

Rank them in order of preference for user interface

What make them easier or better to use.

Reality is most of us will use multiple platforms and user interface is number one competitive advantage IMO.

Oh well, while I will still use SS it is hard to see where they fit in to my routine now.

15 hours ago, lazyllama said:

New interface is incredibly clumsy. Was this really tested thoroughly?

Of course not. Why should they pay for testing when they have us to do it for free. Costs us time and productivity. Costs them nothing. And we still line up to do it.

On ‎7‎-‎11‎-‎2017 at 6:16 PM, CH Digital Media said:

I think one of the issue here is that before it was clear which object we were editing on because all photos and footage was all contained by which I mean we had the thumbnail title/description and keywords all in it's own box, now everything feels disjointed because your eyes are now focused on the right hand side of the screen while the thumbnails take all the room, very much like Adobe and Alamy which feels completely out of date. ShutterStocks old design was now looking back actually pretty far ahead in design terms compared to other stock sites. My  muscle memory wants me to work in the centre of the screen and not down a little column on the left!   

I totally agree with this! You used to have everything in the middle. You could see everything about a certain image in one glance. Now you have to click more, scroll more, just for one image and it's really very unhandy that we now have to look to the right of the screen all the time. I absolutely LOVED the way it used to be. I feared for this though, when you changed the main page for contributors. I thought it was only a matter of time before you'd mess the editor up :( 

1 minute ago, Breaking The Walls said:

I would say what is badly missing in new submission page is an option to unselecat all. Easy to select all but not to unselect. If submitting a batch of 40 files it becomes now a headache.

There is option to unselect all, but the design is so non-intuitive, it took me a while to figure it out... It is not near the "Select all", it is right on the left-hand side, next ti small thumbnails of selected images, the "X" button.

6 hours ago, Whiteaster said:

I would like to keep the old one too but let's not exaggerate. SS old UI was always full of bugs but it was acceptable. I know at least two agencies that have flawless and reliable UI, never ever had a single bug. SS should have copied one of those if their IT team is incompetent or just fix the bugs on the old system.

It seams to me that these IT guy have to justify their efficiency and big salaries, so they blow the system up once in a while, to be noticed.

We can debate this or that, but bottom line is -- you can never please everyone.   I like UK based non-micro stock agency interface -- reworked about 1 year ago -- big reason being that they allow "super tags"  (max 10 out of 50).  Advantage of old SS UI was that it was quick.  The more graphic bells and whistles you want to add to web based UI, the slower it will be.  Bottom line is that this is tool where functionality in my view has priority over appearance.  I have no issues using new SS interface, clearly modeled after agency that produced Photoshop,  only think it would be better to have both for transition period until people get used to new ways and bugs are fixed.

As far as IT goes, this is separate topic.  I worked 20+ yrs in the industry and indeed sometimes what you brought up happens. But more often problem is that end users don't see things the way engineers do.  So -- as many people commented earlier in this thread --  it was maybe wiser to design and test drive new tool with group of selected, established contributors before release.  Either way new UI will stay, bugs will be fixed and with time all will be 'normal' again.

43 minutes ago, Autumn Sky Photography said:

We can debate this or that, but bottom line is -- you can never please everyone.   I like UK based non-micro stock agency interface -- reworked about 1 year ago -- big reason being that they allow "super tags"  (max 10 out of 50).  Advantage of old SS UI was that it was quick.  The more graphic bells and whistles you want to add to web based UI, the slower it will be. 

Oh please, please - not like that agency! Can take up to 10 or 12 clicks to select a single pesky metatag on a slow interenet day, you have no idea what is ready for full submission and which still needs adjusting.....nor whether any of the wretched additional info is worth the candle.....

Pleeeeese.....anything else....ideally just like things were before - with just a few added bells and whistles so the tekkie department fell they have achieved something!

12 minutes ago, Sarah2 said:

Oh please, please - not like that agency! Can take up to 10 or 12 clicks to select a single pesky metatag on a slow interenet day, you have no idea what is ready for full submission and which still needs adjusting.....nor whether any of the wretched additional info is worth the candle.....

Pleeeeese.....anything else....ideally just like things were before - with just a few added bells and whistles so the tekkie department fell they have achieved something!

LOL!   Tell me how you really feel :)

but this is what I mean by "You can never please everyone".    This is why UI in general (not just stock interface) is tricky, and why companies like Apple have invested significant efforts into UI design which is big part of iDevice popularity.

1 hour ago, Autumn Sky Photography said:

LOL!   Tell me how you really feel :)

but this is what I mean by "You can never please everyone".    This is why UI in general (not just stock interface) is tricky, and why companies like Apple have invested significant efforts into UI design which is big part of iDevice popularity.

It's only taking 5 or 6 clicks to register the 'Illustration' tick box :) But the internet is not bad tonight....

Oh well. Laugh or cry! 

im struggling to understand, how exactly, click on keyword suggestion tool-select words-copy them (even tho 'stop' sign appears)-go back to another tab with submissions-paste keywords manually-scroll down and try very hard to check what u've got, is improvement comparing to suggest keywords-select-one click and voila miraculously they are there, in 1 or 2 rows-finish. Why and how anyone there came to conclusion this new system in better, faster and easier??  and worst is, i dont upload much, i can only imagine ppl with tens and hundreds of upload....This is absolutely worst decision and improvement done so far....

And where is "Copy keywords" option now? 

For me it was a very important button! I 

I wrote the keywords on SS site, and then copied them to my files on the computer.

And what I need to do now if I have rejection? Invent keywords once again???