Kate Shutterstock

Coming Soon! Our New Content Editor

CODING TIP

When rolling out a new interface allow the user to still use the  original interface for a few months - this allows the user to switch over at their own pace and any bugs to be fixed. When all the bugs have been worked out everybody has to use the new interface.

Please go back to the the old content editor 

1. I can no longer see my new clips in a list on one page, you have to click each individual clip to edited each one. Which is a bigger deal then you would think for me because i cant see what clips need editing and which ones don't. More wasted time..
  2. you have to scroll down to get to the submit button and editorial only button, not good
  3. I can no longer quickly see if i title each clip correctly, theres no more list. I need to see the list of clips not little blocks of pictures. what would of been nice is a scroll over of the small thumbnail image or video in the old version.
  4. have to click each clip/image to edited it on the right side of the page is a big problem. Just change it back to what it was, a list of images with the editing tool right next to it,  Old version was simple worked great. 
  5. Also I tried to submit 10 clips, it made 10 different batches. How to I do one large batch submission now??

besides this new content editor problem, Shutterstock is doing great and I've been happy overall keep up the good work!

I seem to be unable to submit image, clicking on red SUBMIT button seem to be not working at least on google chrome. Could it be for the 'spelling mistakes' in title? I'm trying to upload image with names that spell check doesn't recognize!

Also the SAVE button seem to be disabled? Shutterstock can you please fix it?

6 minutes ago, lennystan said:

I seem to be unable to submit image, clicking on red SUBMIT button seem to be not working at least on google chrome. Could it be for the 'spelling mistakes' in title? I'm trying to upload image with names that spell check doesn't recognize!

Also the SAVE button seem to be disabled? Shutterstock can you please fix it?

You will probably have to add SS to your approved sites in Chrome. Add submit.shutterstock.com and it will probably work. I had to do this a couple of weeks ago.

1 hour ago, Leonard Whistler said:

CODING TIP

When rolling out a new interface allow the user to still use the  original interface for a few months - this allows the user to switch over at their own pace and any bugs to be fixed. When all the bugs have been worked out everybody has to use the new interface.

I'd like to use the old one too. 

- The new one has so much space for pics and almost no space for work with keywords. While it has to be intended to work with keywords. Why should I work in the corner, while I had the whole screen? Pls make the size of the keywording field changeable.

- The font is so small that I had to magnify the screen and text size and steel can't see properly. Pls make the fonts more bold and user friendly. We will go blind within a year with such a fonts.

You've spoiled a good thing. Hate the designers, really.  

OK, Last post. rather funny. So....it seems after doing a test Last night with one of my paintings Of which I have 1700+ and could not upload a Property release or add one like I've done 1700+ times that is Catalog Number specific to each piece. I deleted the upload to wait and see what the deal is from staff. I just got the message The Image has been approved after deleting it 14 Hours prior.ROFL OK......so....Does this mean I don't need a Property release anymore because for years I had to do a special One Just for this site with a embedded Image of what was submitted..............Is this true or false or did the reviewer fail to Look for one?? I won't upload anything more until I get a answer Please.....I really can't be bothered  living in a twilight zone. All my other sites don't make you jump through these Hoops. these and all the other inconsistent issues with SS is really a drag guys.

I'll be reading for a explanation or anything positive. And Like I've said before you have One of the best IT Guys anywhere right here as a contributor. DeymosHR

Everytime we read "COMING SOON" we all go uh OH.

My eyes hurt looking on the right side at the keywords. It is completely unnatural. Please increase the space for keywords input. I think everyone here mentioned this.

It takes a loooong time for those huge thumbnails to become visible, sometimes never or sometimes an image becomes visible and then it starts disappearing!!!???? What is the point of having large preview images if you can't see them?

When adding words, there is no warning that you have repeating words (singular and plural) like for example bird and birds. I don't know what happens during review, but that warning was very useful.

This roll out is a prime example of the downward spiral of SS.  Our sales have dramatically decreased over the past few years so instead of making incremental disastrous changes to your upload platform, why don't you divert your resources to finding ways to improve our sales potential. In addition, if you are going to make platform changes, your IT and client relations teams need to get their act together and perform with quality driven structure processes with a commitment to excellence!  If you need any assistance, being a retired CIO myself, please feel free to utilize my expertise although I won't come cheap since I need to make up for all the lost sales!

oh no no no. i didnt submit for some time and now i tried to do it, and oh, guys, why u were fixing something that isn't broken?? Suggest keywords is not importing now keywords directly, or even if it does, i dont know how to do it. Attach model release is impossible cos button simply doesn't work-instead of attaching it, in my case, it simplycheck another model release cos button is overlaying list of model releases. It was fine how it was! simple, clear, easy to use and more visible. Why every 'improvment' has to be a step backward???

5 hours ago, Alex Shutterstock said:

@Filipe Frazao, You can copy keywords by clicking on the 3 dots (drop down menu) next to "keyword".

Screen Shot 2017-11-10 at 8.41.01 AM.png

If you copy and paste the keywords they initially show up in a string of keywords separated by commas and you can only view a few of them. You have to try to insert a new keyword for them to suddenly appear below in the keyword section. What a horrible process...PLEASE go back to the old content editor. It was one of the the things that separated SS from other stock sites.

I don't understand the new upload system!!! It is shock for me! What should I click and select, only big mess is here with new keywords section. I need a simple small textbox with ability to add my keywords as it was before. It is very poor design now and a contributor doesn't understad what is added and what is suggested and how to operate with it. And why this section is so small but preview images are so big? I know my images very good and don't need so big previews when all the rest is so narrow and somewhere else. I am very disappointed. Every new update on the system makes it much more worse unfortunatelly. 

3 minutes ago, CH Digital Media said:

This is what Jon Oringer tweeted me "Christian - we migration a ton of code to our new platform and are prepared to take the interface to much better place" "List view is on our roadmap. Now that we are on our new platform, it will be faster and easier to develop this" I'm just posting it here for the record.

He obviously has never submitted images. We need a "roadmap" to navigate the submission process. As the Mad Hatter said to Alice, "If you don't know where you are going, any road will take you there".

8 minutes ago, CH Digital Media said:

This is what Jon Oringer tweeted me "Christian - we migration a ton of code to our new platform and are prepared to take the interface to much better place" "List view is on our roadmap. Now that we are on our new platform, it will be faster and easier to develop this" I'm just posting it here for the record.

Also for the record: we are fed with this fairy tail for years now, still it gets worse and worse.

On 11/6/2017 at 8:59 PM, Michele Paccione said:

Are your developers also contributors? Because I cannot believe any of them contribute images and thought this was an improvement.

unfortunately, there is no like button, so consider u got 300 likes from me for that question...

Hi!

Entering keywords is so slow.... If you type them in fast then hit the coma, it doesn't enters the full keyword. The visual is not very user-friendly.

The keyword suggestion Tools used to be better since you could enter them directly after the selection, while now you need to copy them. I like the feature for spelling errors.

I prefered the previous content uploader, it was much faster to use and visually clearer.

1 hour ago, Kyrylo Glivin said:

@DeymosHR Could you write some code making the keywords fiield size adjustable and post it on github please?

ss asked me earlier not to mess with their site. only they can mess (it up).  ;) but unless they fix this, i will have to disagree with them. :D however, right now i have no free time to do this so it will have to wait mid-december... :( 

Today I have the new interface - I did manage to submit 3 images but it's a really clunky, hard to use interface. Lots of wasted space - I'm working in a little column over on the right with images over on the left/top. 

Although the keyword suggestion buttons indicate when you click them, they don't actually add a keyword to your image unless you click them right on the plus sign - generally speaking, if the interface acts like a button (which this does, changing color when you click on it), you shouldn't have to click in a particular place.

When there is plenty of room for drop down lists to be larger (on my screen there was), why make them short and then I have to scroll? A contributor's goal is to get through this interface as efficiently as possible. This isn't a coffee shop where we want to linger a while to click and scroll.

You have no idea when an item you've worked on is complete - if you're going to copy the Adobe interface, then you should copy their green check mark that appears over an uploaded image when it's ready to submit. I forgot to select a category for one of the images but didn't realize that until I got an error message when I submitted.

Why isn't there a select all button? Multi select is silly in a web browser (are they thinking of the Photos app on an iPhone here?) Just put the boxes on every thumbnail and let users click, shift click, command click and command A for all (but a select all button would be better).

I'm old (but I wear glasses) and found the size/typeface of the keywords area made them hard to read. Gray on gray and small is pretty but we're looking for functional as well.

Have the Submit button up top somewhere versus scrolled off the bottom of my screen where I can't see it.

Put the images in one batch or change the other interfaces to show images grouped by the day they were submitted. All your other interfaces that show submitted images by batch are all messed up my making everything an individual submission.

What if I want to see the keywords of more than one image at once (to see if I left something off on one from a series)? I know I can do this all after the fact (after approval) using the other interface, or I can run the interface in three or four browser windows to see what I need, but you're taking away functionality to make things look "modern" (as you called it). Perhaps you think no one cared about that functionality, but I think the baseline should have been to have at least all the same functionality. Nice to integrate the keyword suggestions but it's not worth it if you have to give up things we previously had.

Did you do any sessions where the developers watched actual contributors submit batches of images to see just how much less straightforward this new interface is?

Kate,

An important disadvantage of this new tool ( We’ve improved the submission experience) is that you do not combine photos into groups (batches), so all photos require an individual ID, and this greatly increases the size of  table of Approval Status for Approved Photos and Rejected Photos. Accordingly there is no convenience with them to work and the download time becomes simply huge. The analysis for each photo is a huge problem for the contributor - what is our convenience?
You explained that "one letter" is associated with one ID in the photo (the result of the new editor). To be honest - one letter is not connected with the transition to one ID for a photo - Adobe sends a letter to each photo. And always there are no problems. You hide the real reasons.
My request - please before you introduce something, test it in complex with the contributors.
And for this decision, please go back to the group IDs - it's more convenient to the contributors, and do "one letter a day", for example, as I showed in the figure. 

Sub_Viktor_10_11_2017_new.jpg

Sub_Viktor_10_11_2017_old.jpg

55 minutes ago, Rajat Chamria said:

I see the below error, when I try to submit. But the content-editor is not showing any errors to me. I filled Description, keywords and Category. 

image.png.bdfdd998a774f0507ec0020622fd5fc9.png

You probably need to scroll down on the right to see if one or more of your keywords is misspelled or something. Pain in the assets.

On 11/7/2017 at 4:54 PM, Kate Shutterstock said:

Great news! In the coming months, we'll be rolling out another view option that shows each thumbnail along with its associated data, more in a list format, as you're requesting. 

with all due respect, but this is simply ridiculous. you had something working, then you broke it, and now you are happy to announce you may fix it (or return it more less as it was) in the coming months??? BUT you had it in previous version!!! And another thing-why in the world all these beautiful implementations and modern design, you didn't leave for the front door-buyers, and left submissions as it was??? In one single 'improvement' you guys went from 'the best submission' to one step before worst (and i'm knocking on wood, i hope no one will get great idea to start with check-individual-words-and-make-sure-they-are-in-dictionary). If one needs manual for submitting, then for sure it is not improvement. 

Btw, attach button for model release still doesn't work...