Kate Shutterstock

Coming Soon! Our New Content Editor

It would appear there are still issues with releases. Attempting to upload a new property release and I attached it to the image and click save, then get error message "Sorry, there was a problem saving your release" followed by "Image file is incorrectly formatted". Release is jpeg as always, image is jpeg as always.

Help!

6 hours ago, Matt Gibson said:

It would appear there are still issues with releases. Attempting to upload a new property release and I attached it to the image and click save, then get error message "Sorry, there was a problem saving your release" followed by "Image file is incorrectly formatted". Release is jpeg as always, image is jpeg as always.

Help!

Correct matt. No one has told me how to do this after asking maybe 5 times. SS is the only site that has forever wanted a prop release specifically made out with the Image you are submitting embedded into it. all My other sites do Not.....Thank god and as it should be. Like said, I have been testing the upload process using my paintings as test subjects. last week I tried one Painting and did not attach a release because i couldn't and deleted the upload......As I said and no one said a word with the great communication skills around here...It was approved after being deleted.

I then Posted "Is this the new Norm" Do we not need Prop releases? and of course....No answer. OK cut to Yesterday... "ISSUES RESOLVED"

They have not been resolved. I took another Painting and tried again. To find I could not upload a Property release related to this Image. after 10 tries, I gave up and deleted the Image. Today I woke up and It also was approved. What the Heck Is going On?? I DELETED IT....... I will ask Once More, Then I will contact Jon....again. do I NOT need to attach a Property Release???? or is there also more reviewer issues where there not looking??   WE NEED TO KNOW THIS INFO.. I clicked on Illustration and category was Abstract.

Since your the lead On this I, Would appreciate an answer. here are Both Images that were approved. The direction Post about the new upload is wrong also.

Under SS Guidelines this is written....Is it true?...Or false?. Did the reviewer make a mistake accepting them after I deleted.5a0c691584475_CAT11165CD359WATERCOLOREARLYMORNINGSANTAMONICA.jpg.8a939b4667c9738e2e4403a4dfa215cf.jpg5a0c690ab98d0_CAT11164CD359ABSTRACTWATERCOLORFLOWERS.thumb.jpg.ace207e6fb0352cb5370c9da0f93bd6d.jpg

Property Releases -- Any image clearly depicting private property must be accompanied by a completed release from the property owner. Read more about: Shutterstock Property Release Requirements .Images in Question>>> I have 200 More ready to go. PLEASE a answer and a correct answer this time.many of Us are professionals here.

Kate and Alex have stopped responding on this topic a while ago. They are powerless to fix any of this. I did get 3 more illustrative editorial images submitted last night, but the process is slow and clunky. And having each image in its own batch, even when multiple files are submitted, is just plain ridiculous. 

And now, with the holiday season fast approaching, I'm concerned that we're going to be stuck with a buggy, slow, submission process until after the start of the new year. Honestly, I don't think they could have sabotaged this system any better if they had tried. :angry:

So, now for attributation i have to click on file and then scroll down and repeat that for each of them one by one, and then repeat again if I want to check before submitting?! Literally it makes submitting process in tens times slower :(

Your old submitting page was quit simple, it was good. You could improve that by two obviously things:
- make possible to choose preview stills for footages
- remove categories (and apply them from the keywords)
And exactly with those two things you did nothing :(

6 hours ago, Firsik said:

Just select category "Art", click "Submit" and it say "Please select a category". But category already selected 

Снимок.JPG

The only way I could get around that error this morning was to go to the iphone app and finish submitting them through there.

Hi Kate.

Thanks for the new content submitter.  The new improvements are indeed improvements.  

The only thing that is getting me down is the "copy to clipboard" portion of the keyword suggestion tool.  When I copy/paste the keywords from the keyword finder ("search for 3 images similar to yours"), it simply inserts all the keywords into the add keywords line, commas and all, doesn't insert them below where the other keywords to the right of the image are.  In the old submitter, there was no "copy to clipboard" tab, just "add keywords", and when you clicked "add keywords", boom, keywords were in the keyword field of the image.  This is a feature from the old uploader that I wish would be reinstated!

Also, while this new submitter is indeed smartphone-friendly, I'm finding it impossible to click multiple check marks to submit multiple images at once using the shift key, because the alpha-numeric keypad on my phone containing the shift key doesn't activate unless there's a text field like this one to type in.  Perhaps there's another way to select multiple images that doesn't require the alpha-numeric keypad of a mobile phone?

Hello, it would be nice if there was the possibility to continue using the old upload editor. It is very exhausting to have to reconfirm many correct keywords (such as mountain names) that the system does not know each time. Thanks

On 11/16/2017 at 2:09 AM, Phil Lowe said:

Kate and Alex have stopped responding on this topic a while ago. They are powerless to fix any of this. I did get 3 more illustrative editorial images submitted last night, but the process is slow and clunky. And having each image in its own batch, even when multiple files are submitted, is just plain ridiculous. 

And now, with the holiday season fast approaching, I'm concerned that we're going to be stuck with a buggy, slow, submission process until after the start of the new year. Honestly, I don't think they could have sabotaged this system any better if they had tried. :angry:

Kate and Alex are only the messengers.

If there is no message to transmit they cannot do more.

On 07.11.2017 at 6:05 PM, Kate Shutterstock said:

Hi Irina,

Thanks for your feedback. We're making these changes to the Contributor site as we upgrade our back-end systems. All these improvements create a platform that is reliable, modern and flexible, so we can offer new features to you more quickly.

Are you dreaming? Your new system is not reliable and flexible, it is absolutely not convinient to use, many contributors tell you about it, and you don't want to hear and to take into account opinion of people, who use your system. For whom you do your system - for yourself or for contributors? Then why you don't mind the fact, that they don't like it and don't want to upload using this? 

With this new system it is not possible to attach release to images, if it is release, which was uploaded before and already exist in your release department. I had to upload the same release again two times to attach it. And my previous image was rejected because: release is not attached or not for this image - though I attached correct one. What will be now with new upload I don't know.