Kate Shutterstock

Coming Soon! Our New Content Editor

Hi Kate.

Thanks for the new content submitter.  The new improvements are indeed improvements.  

The only thing that is getting me down is the "copy to clipboard" portion of the keyword suggestion tool.  When I copy/paste the keywords from the keyword finder ("search for 3 images similar to yours"), it simply inserts all the keywords into the add keywords line, commas and all, doesn't insert them below where the other keywords to the right of the image are.  In the old submitter, there was no "copy to clipboard" tab, just "add keywords", and when you clicked "add keywords", boom, keywords were in the keyword field of the image.  This is a feature from the old uploader that I wish would be reinstated!

Also, while this new submitter is indeed smartphone-friendly, I'm finding it impossible to click multiple check marks to submit multiple images at once using the shift key, because the alpha-numeric keypad on my phone containing the shift key doesn't activate unless there's a text field like this one to type in.  Perhaps there's another way to select multiple images that doesn't require the alpha-numeric keypad of a mobile phone?

Hello, it would be nice if there was the possibility to continue using the old upload editor. It is very exhausting to have to reconfirm many correct keywords (such as mountain names) that the system does not know each time. Thanks

On 11/16/2017 at 2:09 AM, Phil Lowe said:

Kate and Alex have stopped responding on this topic a while ago. They are powerless to fix any of this. I did get 3 more illustrative editorial images submitted last night, but the process is slow and clunky. And having each image in its own batch, even when multiple files are submitted, is just plain ridiculous. 

And now, with the holiday season fast approaching, I'm concerned that we're going to be stuck with a buggy, slow, submission process until after the start of the new year. Honestly, I don't think they could have sabotaged this system any better if they had tried. :angry:

Kate and Alex are only the messengers.

If there is no message to transmit they cannot do more.

On 07.11.2017 at 6:05 PM, Kate Shutterstock said:

Hi Irina,

Thanks for your feedback. We're making these changes to the Contributor site as we upgrade our back-end systems. All these improvements create a platform that is reliable, modern and flexible, so we can offer new features to you more quickly.

Are you dreaming? Your new system is not reliable and flexible, it is absolutely not convinient to use, many contributors tell you about it, and you don't want to hear and to take into account opinion of people, who use your system. For whom you do your system - for yourself or for contributors? Then why you don't mind the fact, that they don't like it and don't want to upload using this? 

With this new system it is not possible to attach release to images, if it is release, which was uploaded before and already exist in your release department. I had to upload the same release again two times to attach it. And my previous image was rejected because: release is not attached or not for this image - though I attached correct one. What will be now with new upload I don't know.

I had the dubious pleasure of using the new uploader again. It seemed to be working well, until I realized that keywords that I had added to the metadata were in the suggested keywords section, so I added them and they were removed with a quickly flashing "forbidden keywords" or something like that - if they are forbidden why do you suggest them? You need to highlight the words you are going to reject the first time around so we can fix them or say yes, the name of that animal or plant or mountain or whatever is actually correct rather than have a bunch of images kicked back and then have to go searching for what is missing (and also find out that the category has been removed for some reason...)

Really, as far as I can tell the old submitter system was much easier to use and worked better. Use the new improved code to mimic that if you must "improve" something

On 11/16/2017 at 8:53 PM, Mike Kuhlman said:

Hi Kate.

Thanks for the new content submitter.  The new improvements are indeed improvements.  

The only thing that is getting me down is the "copy to clipboard" portion of the keyword suggestion tool.  When I copy/paste the keywords from the keyword finder ("search for 3 images similar to yours"), it simply inserts all the keywords into the add keywords line, commas and all, doesn't insert them below where the other keywords to the right of the image are.  In the old submitter, there was no "copy to clipboard" tab, just "add keywords", and when you clicked "add keywords", boom, keywords were in the keyword field of the image.  This is a feature from the old uploader that I wish would be reinstated!

Also, while this new submitter is indeed smartphone-friendly, I'm finding it impossible to click multiple check marks to submit multiple images at once using the shift key, because the alpha-numeric keypad on my phone containing the shift key doesn't activate unless there's a text field like this one to type in.  Perhaps there's another way to select multiple images that doesn't require the alpha-numeric keypad of a mobile phone?

Yeah, another thing that was changed for the sake of changed. The old tool worked fine. These changes added zero benefit, and made it confusing to the people who have used the tool for years. Again, quit changing things that work and spend that time fixing things that are broken