Sign in to follow this  
Thomas J. Sebourn

Let the Dump Begin!

2 hours ago, Alexandre Rotenberg said:

Was with an iPhone, do they accept these? 

Ill go for the jugular and expecting the following rejections:

- lighting 

- composition

- identifiable property / people

- noise 

- focus (this should be ok)

- keywording (I'll throw in random words like "beach", "dog", "Christmas tree"

if it passes, I'll have lost all hope of QC.

Submit it as an editorial, otherwise it will get rejected for not having a model release for your finger! I've heard they take iPhone images. 

Submit it as an editorial, otherwise it will get rejected for not having a model release for your finger! I've heard they take iPhone images. 

I've just submitted it as editorial with the min 7 keywords (one of them being Christmas). Let's see if it will get through.

I may get a warning but more likely a few sub downloads.

The finger on foreground is "artsy" to add a foreground element for depth of field purposes (advanced technique)

1 hour ago, Alexandre Rotenberg said:

I've just submitted it as editorial with the min 7 keywords (one of them being Christmas). Let's see if it will get through.

The finger on foreground is "artsy" to add a foreground element for depth of field purposes (advanced technique)

Fingers crossed for you! You'll probably make like $100-$200 a month off of that image alone, you know, nothing too crazy. 

10 hours ago, Alexandre Rotenberg said:

Random snapshot in Florence, soon to be accepted by SS! 

That reminds me of the very first photo I took (with an instamatic film camera) back in the 1980s. My finger partly covered the lens.....at the time I considered it a mistake but now, thanks to your image, I can see the creative potential! I think from now on, there's going to be a surge of copycat images from a whole bunch of contributors intentionally placing their fingers in front of the lens, trying to mimic your creation.

6 hours ago, Alexandre Rotenberg said:

Oh I can't wait to see what happens - there are certainly some shockers that have been approved.

6 hours ago, Alexandre Rotenberg said:

Actually, there's a good chance that if it does get approved it will sell. How many other images in the database can claim to intentionally illustrate really, really bad photography?

:o

On 10/30/2017 at 4:56 PM, Alexandre Rotenberg said:

Now need a North Korean passport and an American passport with and I'll throw in a nuclear bomb in background! Sales boom!

Brasil Von Nut

Either that or Homeland Security knocks on your door. "Hi"! :)

They don't list multiple rejection reasons anymore. Just the first one that comes up. It's been more than a year since I've had an image with more than one rejection reason listed on the review. They get paid by the number of images they review so the faster they review the more they make