How long does Editorial approval take?

For some reason. Today I've been waiting for approval on some editorial pics I've uploaded. They usually get approved quickly but today they're not. How long does it take to approve Editorial pics?

I understand if commercial images take longer to be reviewed. My concern is when you created content for editorial purposes. The images lose relevance if it takes to long to be approved.

Please can someone help me understand.

17 minutes ago, Sergsta said:

For some reason. Today I've been waiting for approval on some editorial pics I've uploaded. They usually get approved quickly but today they're not. How long does it take to approve Editorial pics?

I understand if commercial images take longer to be reviewed. My concern is when you created content for editorial purposes. The images lose relevance if it takes to long to be approved.

Please can someone help me understand.

I have waited as long as a week and as short as an hour.  I find it to be a bit of a crap shoot.  I think that on Dreamstime they have a fast track button for current news, perhaps SHutterstock could consider this as an option with a penalty for abuse, what do you think?

Just now, Roy Boyce said:

I have waited as long as a week and as short as an hour.  I find it to be a bit of a crap shoot.  I think that on Dreamstime they have a fast track button for current news, perhaps SHutterstock could consider this as an option with a penalty for abuse, what do you think?

I completely agree.

I'm getting more and more frustrated. I created work last night for Independence Day which happened today in 3 countries. A day later and nothing. It's sad to me, tomorrow this won't mean anything to anyone.

6 minutes ago, Sergsta said:

I completely agree.

I'm getting more and more frustrated. I created work last night for Independence Day which happened today in 3 countries. A day later and nothing. It's sad to me, tomorrow this won't mean anything to anyone.

yes, it is a frustration.  Life as a Pee-on to the Corporation has its lows and then you hit some real lows.  I wish you good luck Sergsta

2 minutes ago, Leonard Whistler said:
  • Are the images in the  Currently Being Processed state?
  • If longer than 1 hour they may be lost forever.
  • The only solution is to upload again and delete the "Currently Being Processed" images.

Hi Leonard.

It's been in Batches Pending Approval for over a day. Much longer than normal.

I'll re upload it and see if anything changes. 

1 hour ago, Leonard Whistler said:
  • The only solution is to upload again and delete the "Currently Being Processed" images.

This is a mistake. The only thing that'll do is put you at the end of the queue again. The review times vary as someone else already mentioned. right now it seems to be closer to two days turn around time on editorial. At least, the ones I've submitted over the last week have all taken about 2 days to make it through the editorial queue. The regular stock review has been closer to a day. Rarely is it a week, but it has been known to get backed up that far too. Especially for video since they seem to have fewer people reviewing those.

As frustrating as it is, I would suggest just leaving them unless batches of editorial submitted after that get reviewed and those get skipped. That's an occasional glitch that does occur as well.

This is only a bug when it gets stuck in queue. I know what you are talking about but they also said deleting images and resubmitting them over and over again creates issues with the review queue too. If it's not stuck, it's not an issue. Sometimes the review times are short (seconds) and sometimes they take a long time (days and even longer). When you've been here longer you'll see the fluxuations in the process more clearly. That old phrase, if it isn't broken don't fix it. 

4 hours ago, Leonard Whistler said:

2 hours ago, Sheila Fitzgerald said:

This is a mistake. The only thing that'll do is put you at the end of the queue again.

• The Currently Being Processed bug is a common problem with Shutterstock and has been mentioned numerous times on these forums.
  • The best and quickest solution is to delete the image and resubmit.
  • A lot of forum members - including me - have gone through this a few times.

Do a "Currently Being Processed" forum search for more info.

2 hours ago, Sheila Fitzgerald said:

You said that already. obviously you aren't listening to what I'm saying. It's only a bug when the images are stuck. I'm just not going to respond to your posts anymore as you obviously don't want to see it from any angle but your own.

There is a difference between "Currently Being Processed" and In Review. The "Currently Being Processed" images are images that sometimes experience issues during the upload process and these images don't even make it into the review queue. I think this is what Leonard is talking about. I have also on occasion experienced this.

16 minutes ago, Sergsta said:

I've tried numerous times (every 2 hours or so to re upload) and I still have no approval.

I beginning to wonder if there's something wrong on my side.

Dude, it's currently taking about 2 days for editorial approvals. Deleting and re-uploading is not going to change that. All you are doing is putting yourself at the back of the queue...

1 hour ago, cpaulfell said:

There is a difference between "Currently Being Processed" and In Review. The "Currently Being Processed" images are images that sometimes experience issues during the upload process and these images don't even make it into the review queue. I think this is what Leonard is talking about. I have also on occasion experienced this.

Yes, I know. But that was not the original question posted. That was the distinction I was trying to point out. The OP didn't say his images were stuck and said being processed. He was distressed about the review times.

1 hour ago, cpaulfell said:

Dude, it's currently taking about 2 days for editorial approvals. Deleting and re-uploading is not going to change that. All you are doing is putting yourself at the back of the queue...

And this was what I was trying to say before too :) 

It's a hiccup in the system. Sometimes you will get 10 or more emails for one review and sometimes it's just the needed one email (same with the app). It does that for a few days to a few weeks, then it's back to "normal" again for awhile. Used to be if you got any images rejected, it seemed to cause the massive duplicates so I still have minor arrhythmia when I see the duplicate/multiple emails with status reports (especially if I know I only have 1 or 2 batches in for review). 

On 9/18/2017 at 10:08 PM, Sheila Fitzgerald said:

It's a hiccup in the system. Sometimes you will get 10 or more emails for one review and sometimes it's just the needed one email (same with the app). It does that for a few days to a few weeks, then it's back to "normal" again for awhile. Used to be if you got any images rejected, it seemed to cause the massive duplicates so I still have minor arrhythmia when I see the duplicate/multiple emails with status reports (especially if I know I only have 1 or 2 batches in for review). 

Thanks Sheila... Good to know what you've gone through.

On 9/21/2017 at 7:33 PM, Kim Christensen said:

Timing for special days is essential. Those of us who do in special days upload pictures for Halloween, Christmas, New Year etc aready now. 

Sure. Absolutely.

But what if its topical news like the north korean threat to test a Hydrogen Bomb in the pacific ocean?

I just wish they would create a Priority button type thing, so that if your piece needs to be reviewed quicker... They can monitor it if its not newsworthy.