A strange question that I am sure that many have pondered over. Is it better to upload on an 'ad hoc' basis when you have finished processing or do you think that uploading in blocks of images is better? I do not know what impacts your visibility or exposure however, it does seem from peoples experiences that everything has some impact.

Does anyone have a particular routine or strategy that they like?

Let me know what you think.

I upload as I go along - sometimes with quite a few of the same subject so that hopefully if a buyer is looking for that particular subject they may see a batch of mine and hopefully pick one!

We'll never know what is the best method - all comes down to luck - try different ways and see what works best for you!

15 hours ago, David Litman said:

I've learned my lesson the hard way regarding large batches.  If a reviewer doesn't like one or two, she may reject the entire batch!  So I usually do 1 or 2, sometimes a few but not big batch.  

same happened with me...I have uploaded 15 pics in a batch, all were rejected whereas some were really good ones..so what strategy should I follow going ahead.

15 hours ago, David Litman said:

I've learned my lesson the hard way regarding large batches.  If a reviewer doesn't like one or two, she may reject the entire batch!  So I usually do 1 or 2, sometimes a few but not big batch.  

I think you can relax now. This times are over. I see always a fair review those days. I always upload larger batches and if rejections always a very small part. I dont experience the „one and everthing“ method.

I would say so faster your images are online so better.

I don't know exactly how it works but when I picture the review process in my mind I picture a call center environment. Hourly wage workers working in cubicles with a stationary PC or plug in portable laptop. I worked in a similar environment for 8 years and I can say with certainty there are very bad reps out there. Nearing the end of a shift some would hang up, disconnect and blow the current work off completely. Although we would all hope there are trained professionals working for us and this doesn't happen I can easily see a large batch getting a similar behavior in a similar situation. We don't know what the quality assurance process is like on their end or what they use to systematically check the technical requirements for uploading and approval. If you have made a mistake in your batch and it was a shoot done with a specific scene there is a risk of having that mistake in your entire batch. I am still new and still learning but some thoughts.

I think most reviewers are like us and work from home. Log in and just start with what ever is in queue at the time they start. Doubtful that SS has an actual office space for those people based on what I've heard from people in the forums over the last few years.

13 minutes ago, Roy Boyce said:

Logic would point at avoiding the large batch on the off chance of the bulk rejection.

spock-illogical.jpg.ff30fcb7ae1731d31526d9464ffca48f.jpg

2 hours ago, Alexandre Rotenberg said:

Lately SS accept pretty much everything so if it gets rejected it means that it's a crap image (technically). So it shouldn't matter small batches or large batches.

Not really, my rejections have been cited as bad title or description.  I am terrible at remembering to look at the description when it uploads as it sometimes cuts the end off in SS creating a bad sentence.  This has happened whereby the batch got rejected.  It is a drag that it all has to be uploaded etc. once again because you cannot just fix a word.  This has nothing to do with the technical quality of the image, subject matter etc.  it is just an admin issue.  However, it was more a question of how large or small batches effect sales rather then how it effects rejections.  Do you think that it makes a difference to sales?

Edited by Roy Boyce
had not finished

Do you think that it makes a difference to sales?

I don't think so :) 

There is an element of luck in how images rise up the key word ranks but I don't think it has to do with whether you submit a small or large batch. 

I've been getting those types of rejections quite a bit lately due to foreign keywords, which can be annoying.

25 minutes ago, Roy Boyce said:

Yes, plant names and remote location names are an issue, I have had rejections for both.  

Ignore the spelling warnings and submit anyways.

Help!! Not sure if I am in the right spot: I have uploaded 30 pictures and it comes back with wrong key word or not in English. What is going on here?? Who determineds the words we can use and where do I find it. I at the point where I want to stop using this site!!  Thanks