Watermark removal / theft

If they are using this technology to remove watermarks from photos you can bet they are doing it with video as well and across all agencies, combine that with the abundance of free stock photos and videos out there and no wonder sales are down.  Wonder if this is how content ends up on those free sites.

https://tech.slashdot.org/story/17/08/17/229221/google-researchers-made-an-algorithm-to-delete-watermarks-from-photos

https://venturebeat.com/2017/08/17/google-researchers-made-an-algorithm-to-delete-watermarks-from-photos/

https://watermark-cvpr17.github.io/

great that you do share this with others, but bear in mind this forum is visible to everyone, not just contributors and spreading the word can cause more damage, beside if you read above mentioned article is say 'Randomization, the researchers say, is required to keep images from being stolen' and to my understanding this is exactly what SS did lately

True but then again this story is posted on all the hacker forums this morning so I'm sure the bad guys are around the world are all reading it and studying it.

Good to hear that SS has taken some action, like with the movie, music and software industry it's a never ending and very expensive battle to combat criminal theft and it will never end until it's treated as such by law enforcement and the courts.  As long as it's referred to as piracy, torrenting, copyright infringing or downloading as opposed to what it is which is criminal code theft it will never end.  I can never understand how if one steals even a small item from a store they get arrested by police, charged, get a criminal record for life yet steal expensive software, movies, music, etc from businesses/stores on the internet and the odds of getting caught let alone charged are near 0%.

Maybe the technical part of the solution lies in blockchain or unchackable quantum technology, not sure as that is a bit out of my league. 

• 3 years later...

Hi, if you want to upload some non-watermark photos or videos, you can remove the watermark firstly. You can use Photoshop, but Photoshop occupies a lot of memory space in the computer. If you are looking for a lightweight app to remove watermarks from images, I suggest you use UkeySoft Photo Watermark Remover, which is a lightweight and powerful photo watermark remover, as well as image watermark adding tool.

Sep 1. Launch the UkeySoft Photo Watermark Remover and add photos
Step 2. Mark the watermark that you want to remove
Step 3. Click "Remove" button to remove the watermark on photo.

If you want to remove watermark from video, you can also try the UkeySoft Video Watermark Remover , it not only can help you remove watermark from video, but also enabels you add text watermark, image watermark or video watermark to your video. In addition, you can also use this app to remove subtitle from any videos/movies.

add-photos-to-watermark-remover.jpg