Pamela Walsh

Old Reliable

32 posts in this topic

The 70-300 is an EF lens so on the XTi it is effectively 112-480. It is super hard to hand hold steadily even with the IS. I suggest restricting yourself to tripod use only with this lens.  That's what I have to do with my XTi and 70-300.  Yes, I still use my XTi too, latest this past weekend.

PS - You haven't accidently bumped the ISO to 800 or even 1600?  Either of those is absurdly noisy.

On ‎8‎/‎16‎/‎2017 at 8:24 PM, Magarity said:

The 70-300 is an EF lens so on the XTi it is effectively 112-480. It is super hard to hand hold steadily even with the IS. I suggest restricting yourself to tripod use only with this lens.  That's what I have to do with my XTi and 70-300.  Yes, I still use my XTi too, latest this past weekend.

PS - You haven't accidently bumped the ISO to 800 or even 1600?  Either of those is absurdly noisy.

Other than trying a high key photo for fun no. I double check that really often. If things look grainy, I check it again in the camera info part of the photo file.

Very much need to use the tripod more. Though, if you are on a bridge, and a huge truck rolls by, no matter how good your tripod and IS are... the shot is ruined :P

Back to the origin of the post, I get the past year a 2006 Pentax K10, 10 MP CCD.

Just cleaned the sensor, get the way to adjust focus in the service menu, and set other old reliable, a 35 mm F2, auto focus but designed for film.

Used it in a trip among modern 24 MP CMOS cameras. And I like what i get from it. 

Even in 2016 the images were accepted here. 

stock-photo-gaucho-farm-near-ischigualas

The images from the modern sensors are better for work in PS. But the old sensor ones had rich and nice colors straight from the converted raw. And, more important for me, I really enjoy the experience. 

Back in 2008 when I started here I used a camera with the same sensor. Now I know that it is still suitable for produce quality images for current standards.