Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Pamela Walsh

Newbie Challenges

5 posts in this topic

Just wondering if it would be possible to pin two things to the top in here.

1. Posting rules, including post restrictions for newbies. It would really be nice to be able to find this information easily rather than wasting precious time on figuring it out.
  2. How to post photos. This isn't as difficult to find, but is still time consuming when it shouldn't have to be.

Even if it is just a link to a post that already exists would help.

~Pamela~

postblock.jpg

I think the rules have more to do with previous issues regarding spamming. People would create an account to post hundreds of messages spamming their sales site, etc. so they cracked down on posting. After they confirm you're a "real" person here for a valid reason, the limit is lifted. Not sure how long that entails. It is a weekend so it might be Monday before they get to it at this rate.

3 hours ago, Sheila Fitzgerald said:

I think the rules have more to do with previous issues ...

I understand that. But it would be nice if that information were easy to find. :)  Apparently it has been lifted for me, so it's likely an automatic thing?

On 8/12/2017 at 4:20 PM, Leonard Whistler said:
  • I think it's a two post minimum to post without a mod approving your post.
  • But some posts take days to be approved.
  • Shutterstock has got to moderate these forums more often.

Yeah, I dunno. I've been trying to post here for well over a month- sometimes comment replies, sometimes photos in the "show your latest download" threads and whatnot, and I have yet to be approved. No doubt this response will end up in the ether, too. I gave up for a couple of weeks, because it was so frustrating that my replies weren't being moderated when the discussion was still relevant.