Doing some self promoting on social media recently mainly on an image I made and newly released. Well yeah I tried to tweet about it and lo and behold a Shutter stock algorithm changes my link to a common SS link designed to self promote them.

Why? Shouldn't I be allowed to self promote by posting links directly for my images? :huh:

I mean I only do it once per image and not over and over obnoxiously. :rolleyes:

Is there away around this?

Thanks. :)

On 6/11/2017 at 9:37 PM, k_t_graphics said:

Doing some self promoting on social media recently mainly on an image I made and newly released. Well yeah I tried to tweet about it and lo and behold a Shutter stock algorithm changes my link to a common SS link designed to self promote them.

Why? Shouldn't I be allowed to self promote by posting links directly for my images? :huh:

I mean I only do it once per image and not over and over obnoxiously. :rolleyes:

Is there away around this?

Can't you save whatever picture you want (even with the watermark), and tweet it yourself and add the link, instead of copying the image's URL?

Not sure I understand - if you are self promoting and the SS link is shown - isn't that a good thing so that if anyone is interested in buying it will take them straight to the image?

Not unless of course you are trying to sell privately (good for you), but if that is the case, then just upload the original photo from your hard drive - that should work without linking it to SS??

I just wanted to advertise the newly released image I made. So I copy the link of that page, not direct link of the image and then paste. Does not work. Just converts it to a main link of the web site and not the page with my image.

Guess I'll just fool around with till I get what I want, I guess. If I get what I want that is.