Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
rinderart

Could be a great Month.

33 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, rinderart said:

Nice travel port few More 1000 and you should do very well man.

Thanks Laurin.  Means a lot coming from you.  Hopefully it won't take as long to get to the next few thousand as the first thousand did.  Still literally have thousands of photos to mine in the LR catalog for submission.

20 minutes ago, Allen.G said:

Thanks Laurin.  Means a lot coming from you.  Hopefully it won't take as long to get to the next few thousand as the first thousand did.  Still literally have thousands of photos to mine in the LR catalog for submission.

Your Processing Is First class.

I was on a roll for the last 6 months, then May came. My "roll" has been almost a doughnut hole, despite having uploaded (with 100% approval rate) 64 images in last couple of weeks.  New images are selling, but only as subs.  Feels like my first month all over again. :(

I already have best month EVER! 30 DL's so far that means it will be over average 1 dl/day which will be new monthly record. I hope it will keep up in the future too :)

Also not only my bestseller is selling but lot of new ones too!

I'm happy...

6 hours ago, Michael Warwick said:

What constitutes a "great" month?

There was a time Long ago in a galaxy far away when 90% of you weren't here or even thought about this or owned a camera when 50 DL's a day was considered a bad day and EL's paid $28 and  I had 8 a day and the site was Great and everything worked Like it should. so........ "Great" now means 1/3 Of that and No EL's or significant SODs that paid $106.00 ..... I stopped uploading Months ago and concentrate on RM where I came from,. I do much Better there.. Im personally waiting for a New Hope to appear in this business maybe on the Horizon a new Jon Oringer and take us and customers back to simpler Times and make it easier for Buyers and submitters and show respect to Both. Maybe a dream But One can Dream.

What??? No, "money for nothing and your chicks for free"? I think creativity can still open new doors and create new opportunities. My son, who was developmentally delayed, once said to me when I thought we had misplaced an important role of film and I asked him what we would have done if we lost it, said "go back and take some more photos". No truer words ever spoken. There are always photos to be taken and opportunities available...and if it is no longer fun then it may be time for a creativity fix. The great thing about photography and technology is that one can create the future...change is constant and can also be positive. Do I like the way SS operates as a business...NO...but am I going to let that get in the way of trying to be a little adventurous and creative and have some fun...no way. 

Have Fun.. I do... But It's my Living and has been for a Loooong time and all the avenues it Entails.. completely 180 from Microstock. Micro has never been more than 25% of income and that was in the good times.

What constitute a great month?

I think you really raise a good question here, Michael.

By having a certain parameters to refer to, it helps make it clearer to aim at one's own goal. On the other hand, I also agree with Laurin that different individual will have different answer to this.

A great month to me is when i know one of my new image has climbed up to the first few pages in the category i am working on. When my current sales surpasses my sales on previous months.

This month is a great month for me.

Not for me, not even 1/3 of the way to reaching my norm for this time of the month. It's going to take a couple of nice SODs to make payment and they seem far and few between the last couple of months.  Not even 100 downloads and almost all subs.   I think I'm on the dark side of the algorithm this month.

Honestly glad for those who are experiencing better months than previously. I know the past couple years have been rough.

For me, for the first time since logging into SS in 2011, my sales have been declining. Even though the growth was slow, I'd always experienced sales that moved in direct proportion to my downloads. No longer. Not since February. Maybe the jump I experienced during the election year, with nearly all of the candidates represented, is finally wearing off. But that doesn't explain the downtown that's a reversal of patterns established years before.

Am left to wonder....

andy