Kate Shutterstock

Introducing the New Contributor Dashboard

Ok, new profile page.

1. I want to see previews of Pending files

2. I want more place for recently approved

3. I don't need Additional Resources at all. At least, make it small.

4. Announcements is fine. But nobody will see it

5. Profile block with my logo/face - I don't need it at all. You could make it small and put at the bottom. Useless information.

6. Unpaid Earnings - it's fine when it is a small number on the grey line (please, don't remove it!). I can see it perfectly. Block is completely useless.

7. Earnings Summary. Fine, but must be much smaller. I can't open the page in public place anymore. Also, I just don't need it this big.

8. Monthly Earnings - where is the options? This is so nothing!

9. Map. Map is better (except it cuts the preview). The only better thing. But it must be №1! Why is it 9? This is SS unique feature, everybody loves it! And you put it at the bottom, BELOW THE SCROLL?

10. Sets is fine, because you did not changed it

11. Top performers - actually, great tool. But it needs a lot of work to become really useful.

What can I say... Welcome to the new era of UI fixing userscripts, adblock tuning and third-party analytics! For the last week I found and learned to use A LOT of things, I never heard before. Thanks, Shutterstock!

I also agree!

Ok, new profile page.

1. I want to see previews of Pending files

2. I want more place for recently approved

3. I don't need Additional Resources at all. At least, make it small.

4. Announcements is fine. But nobody will see it

5. Profile block with my logo/face - I don't need it at all. You could make it small and put at the bottom. Useless information.

6. Unpaid Earnings - it's fine when it is a small number on the grey line (please, don't remove it!). I can see it perfectly. Block is completely useless.

7. Earnings Summary. Fine, but must be much smaller. I can't open the page in public place anymore. Also, I just don't need it this big.

8. Monthly Earnings - where is the options? This is so nothing!

9. Map. Map is better (except it cuts the preview). The only better thing. But it must be №1! Why is it 9? This is SS unique feature, everybody loves it! And you put it at the bottom, BELOW THE SCROLL?

10. Sets is fine, because you did not changed it

11. Top performers - actually, great tool. But it needs a lot of work to become really useful.

What can I say... Welcome to the new era of UI fixing userscripts, adblock tuning and third-party analytics! For the last week I found and learned to use A LOT of things, I never heard before. Thanks, Shutterstock!

+1

Well, the new design looks nice, but have one BIG MISTAKE. There is no way, how to find out the sales of new images. Quite an important thing for all contributors. From now, we will be shooting blind :(

Totally agree. +1

Hello,

Welcome, I like the new interface of the site - many things are available in one place and fresh. Nice moment for example: information about original titles and numbers of staff. It would be better if this applies to the rejected shots when you need to be repaired - will save time for their search. Another good point is to see in which country and which city were withdrawn last footage also displaying the most prominent images with keywords. Overall the site has a pleasant appearance, but perhaps needs some refinements and adjustments without understudy many already affected such issues as:

- I noticed that pending approval shots are not updated

-neizplatenite revenue occupy too much extra space and duplicated after seeing good top right. I think this additional and much information is superfluous

- In its place can put the information with the world map and the latest downloadable.

I wish health and success in new endeavors!

Please remove "100% Profile strength Congratulations! your profile is complete." tab, I don't need to see it all the time, I'd preferred to see today's sales number instead to be more demotivated.

"Monthly earnings" tab is way tooo big, we don't use 9.7 inch screen to work, make it smaller please and can it keep the selected period of 6-12 months ?

We need also to see "Batches Pending Approval" preview as was already mentioned. And size of the TEXT should be reduced x5, map and announcements shold be moved on top.

Please make this changes and it's gonna be alright! There are some new interesting features, but it needs to be polished!

Why oh why must you take up so much real estate showing me the top five earning images, which has been the same for a couple of years now for me? This is NOT something I need to see every day. I do NOT need to see how much I've earned in a lifetime in huge numbers....it just makes me think about the even larger number you've kept while giving me only 30%. Why do I need to see my unpaid earnings twice, one larger than the other, right on top of each other? It's repetitive and redundant and REPETITIVE and REDUNDANT, get it, GET IT? WHY can I no longer see which images are pending? WHY do I now need to click a dozen times to see my sales, which I used to see on one page at a glance? Did you guys ever think to ask your contributors what they need to see on a daily basis, or did your numbers-loving IT people work in a bubble, forgetting that you deal with people who work with images, visuals, graphics?

"Big change' but actually no big change at all but small change just for worse

The most important, the most unique, the most dynamic the most attractive and the most psychologically foccusing feature of SS site, 'the greatest photo stock MAP the human ever created' has been decreased and degraded to the level of low unimportance and put on the position 'outside the screen' as some disturbing toy. I find it really interesting as Shutterstosk teaches the world the art of communication. And the new design is for me an example of communication confusion if not a huge disaster... becase on the top I see the most unimportant piece of information for contributor: his/her own face and the 'profile strenght' that is going to show no change ever (so from the perspective of linguistic and information theories this box shows zero information). And the same we can say about the 'top performers box', that we will watch every day looking the same (and by the way this is the same design mistake that fotolia made - I watch there, on the front page, the same 8 images for 2 or 3 years now). Imagine the information on the front page of New York Times: '5 top economies of the world in the last decade' printed every single day with the flags and some numbers.

The famous and highly admired all over the world great Shutterstock MAP has a new great feature though: the exact location of image download. Its probably not so important from economical perspective but it has some new psychologically important quality: it brings closer contributor to his anonymous client.

there are more things in the new design that can be discussed and criticize, I agree with contributor Swill Klitch and I will not repeat his points. Generally it is for me not an introduction of new features and tools.  it is merely changing the position of a few boxes. What a pitty the box number 1 has become suddenly number 8 or 9.

Very crude Panel doesn't save setup, peregruzhaju, everything resets again and lie it looks like on the map.  Take the opportunity to download the old form and to work in it, who needs to let remain in new.   When will Russian interface language when you fix bugs on the site itself when new indexing images, they first appear, then disappear for a day and then fully indexed?  When checking the photo back in hours rather than 3-4 days? When form releases models and owner, will be filled with print on the computer rather than by hand writing in capital letters is a disgrace. 

In general I like the new design, but I have some comments / suggestions:

• Pending images are not shown at all (not even the number of pending images)
  • Top performers - no option to sort it by downloads & upload date
  • In map and new earning pages - no tool tip with the photo description
  • Please show dates in a format like yyyy-mm-dd (and not in the American format)
  • Add option to see performance of more than 5 sets
  • Add option to see last download as list (not only on map, with city)
  • Make new daily earning page in one page
  •  

That looks great, thank you very much!

A useful addition would be the top 5 countries individual files sell in. This would really help when trying to create more localized content.

Why oh why must you take up so much real estate showing me the top five earning images, which has been the same for a couple of years now for me? This is NOT something I need to see every day. I do NOT need to see how much I've earned in a lifetime in huge numbers....it just makes me think about the even larger number you've kept while giving me only 30%. Why do I need to see my unpaid earnings twice, one larger than the other, right on top of each other? It's repetitive and redundant and REPETITIVE and REDUNDANT, get it, GET IT? WHY can I no longer see which images are pending? WHY do I now need to click a dozen times to see my sales, which I used to see on one page at a glance? Did you guys ever think to ask your contributors what they need to see on a daily basis, or did your numbers-loving IT people work in a bubble, forgetting that you deal with people who work with images, visuals, graphics?

I completely agree!

We need more Information that sold today, which queries? Lightweight and simple tools to keep track of new content, and not to look at the huge numbers that we know so well!

There is an abundance of information on the new dashboard...maybe TMI, I feel like I am looking a stock portfolio page. While the map has always been interesting, you could actually eliminate it and put the location on the daily earnings summary page. On the line for each image sold each day, the location could be included. This would eliminate the flashing image on the map and trying to quickly get a glimpse of where the image was sold.

There is an abundance of information on the new dashboard...maybe TMI, I feel like I am looking a stock portfolio page. While the map has always been interesting, you could actually eliminate it and put the location on the daily earnings summary page. On the line for each image sold each day, the location could be included. This would eliminate the flashing image on the map and trying to quickly get a glimpse of where the image was sold.

Agree.