Introducing the New Contributor Dashboard

• Replies 498
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

how is this 'simple manipulation' accomplished

I think he took a screen shot and then re-arranged it all in photoshop to stream line the look. I don't think there's a way to drag the boxes around on the site itself (although thats not a bad idea - totally personalize ones page).

I like the new dashboard and I can understand that you had to pair these widgets according to their sizes so you stretched or squeezed the content to fit but can't you rearrange them so we can have the map at the top, something like this:
- map at the top
- earning summary and unpaid earnings can go together
- user profile goes in the sidebar
- top performers widget is useless because they are not really top performers but if it is a must have than.......

I made a mockup but for some reason I can't upload the image here, so I uploaded it to the other thread: https://forums.submit.shutterstock.com/topic/90279-more-changes-look-out-for-your-redesigned-dashboard-launching-soon/page-2#entry1594738

Honestly I only like a couple of things about the new dashboard design:

- Finally I can see image and video earnings separated on the same graph.

Top 5 performers block - I like that there is an option to see performance of a file for the past few months.

Plus the whole page looks nice and modern, albeit lacking sense in many areas.

Here is a list of my gripes:

- First, the whole concept of displaying the most static bits of information in the most prominent area of the dashboard is stupid. I don't need to keep looking at my all-time totals every hour or day or even week. Let alone displaying it in such a way that makes it readable from across the room. The same goes for the Unpaid earnings duplicate line. Same applies to the Profile strength reminder. It's a personal choice if I want to connect my social media profiles or not. I have made this choice long time ago and it should be respected.

- Earning types block - also a pretty static metric, I have no need to see it on constant basis.

- No more video sales on the map. As I sell mostly videos the map became pretty much useless for me.

- I miss sales of new content graph.

- I miss the ability to choose 6 months and 2 years in graphs.

- I now have to click two times to get to my video portfolio. I miss the direct link.

- It would be great if monthly and yearly performance info was available for any file, not only for the Top 5 performers selection.

- Still no Catalog manager tools for videos.

- I miss the ability to upload videos through web interface. It's far more secure then FTP, most other agencies have this option.

- I miss the old earnings page layout. With all the negative feedback from contributors I don't really understand why can't Shutterstock give us an option to choose the legacy interface to make everyone happy.

When i click on a submitters image port Link...I still see this, Fix this and we'll Talk about dashboard stuff.

Secure Connection Failed

The connection to www.shutterstock.com was interrupted while the page was loading.

The page you are trying to view cannot be shown because the authenticity of the received data could not be verified.
    Please contact the website owners to inform them of this problem.

Learn more…

Report errors like this to help Mozilla identify and block malicious sites

Interesting to Note in this entire thread. The folks That are For the new page are a majority of newbies . some a week. Against are Veterans. Hmmm. and Plus 1 Million for asking Deymos to help. he is a contributor. and a Insider who cares.HUGE Difference. Myself. I could care less about the page. Makes no difference to me at all. Sales are what drives me here Not the size of my avatar or whatever. But to get Picky I have always hated the STUPID map. It is wrong Most of the time unless you care how sales are in the Indian Ocean....LOL Sales is why were here. I want my Most Popular and newist to actually Be Most Popular and newist. been broke since 2012. and Honestly if sales aren't here. then all of these pretty things are Moot anyway.

Yeah. Only thing that really interests me are the sales. That's the part I want to see - what they are and how much they are (although I actually couldn't care less which city they were download near). I've got no interest in seeing my name or avatar, or my all time earnings or links to some blog posts. All of that is stuff I can go and look for if I really want to find it. From the point of view of checking my image stats it's not relevant.

Interesting to Note in this entire thread. The folks That are For the new page are a majority of newbies . some a week. Against are Veterans. Hmmm. and Plus 1 Million for asking Deymos to help. he is a contributor. and a Insider who cares.HUGE Difference. Myself. I could care less about the page. Makes no difference to me at all. Sales are what drives me here Not the size of my avatar or whatever. But to get Picky I have always hated the STUPID map. It is wrong Most of the time unless you care how sales are in the Indian Ocean....LOL Sales is why were here. I want my Most Popular and newist to actually Be Most Popular and newist. been broke since 2012. and Honestly if sales aren't here. then all of these pretty things are Moot anyway.

++

I've never liked the map from the time it was introduced. In general I like the new dashboard design but I do wish it focused more on current trends instead of overall. Or at least some sort of year over year type of thing.

++

I've never liked the map from the time it was introduced. In general I like the new dashboard design but I do wish it focused more on current trends instead of overall. Or at least some sort of year over year type of thing.

YES!! and good true stock work kathy.

The only thing I like in the new design is titles of the cities on the map. But in any other respect, the map looks awful: it became smaller, it has been removed from the top of the page, the thumbnails have strange shapes, and the images on them are deformed. I liked the map very much, and it’s so sad to see it in such condition. By the way, about titles — it would be extra cool to see the title appear besides the picture over which the mouse pointer is moved. But this is not as important as the size of the map and the thumbnails, and the position of the map.

Besides that, the page is now overfull with information, and much of it is the information I don’t need to see every minute. It would be cool if the contributor could choose the blocks he wants to see on his page, and if all the blocks from the old page (graphics with earning from new content and weekly earnings, images waiting approval with thumbnails etc.) were available there.

Hi Kate,

I love that Shutterstock is willing to make improvements.. I don't like the one size fits all approach.. What is the basis for this change?

I wish I had a chance to affect the new view before it just appeared? It would be great if the software designers could put

more effort into configurability so that users can make slight preferences based on what we each like.

* The large earning font is really not good for me on the home page.. I should be able to adjust it down or disable it, or have it on a secondary page. The small font is better.

* I like the location details on the map, I would like to be able to select each location or have it available in a table or URL to get that data.. It is great, but, I can't interact with it?

* The map is too small and to far to the bottom of the page.

* Please bring back undiscovered sort option for image searches. It was there only for a short time before I realized how valuable it really was.

* Please allow the users to choose from a set of views that they want to see on the home page. Is this a difficult programming effort?

* The more configurable you make the User Interface, the more users can switch on/off or position the information that is most important to them.

* Are there any alternatives to go back to the previous view?

Thanks in advance.

-E

Unusual, as and everything is new... but it's only a matter of time and habits.

Column (Additional resources) - is inspiring.

(Last downloaded) - you don't need to check who has downloaded, and it saves time.

(Top 5 performers) - useful for reflection on the relevance of the created content...

In short... :)  a big thank you to the Creator, beautiful changes!

++

Some have just joined one day, without portfolio, just to "cheer"....

Again. Just curious. Im seeing folks posting saying great changes and going whooHoo and One has been here 2 days and another 4 Hours?? whats that about. And Yes...Bla Bla everyone has a say Im for that....But really?

My Last Post on this subject before some Mod gets twisted and starts crying and reports me..

Ya Want more Fans? want more whooHoo Folks. stop with this Nonsense and spend every waking Moment on getting sales. convince top management they don't need a million Images a week and bring Back 7 out of 10 or Im gonna get my crippled mother in law to take a picture and be accepted. And I will.Trust me.

I mean really. who are you guys trying to Kid here?? NO ONE gets it. NO ONE. You are killing the one Place we Love and used to respect. THINK SALES KIDS! Not some stupid rehash landing Page that was fine to begin with . There are a 100 Horrible Bugs here and some for many Years. FIX THEM then..... do your silly Facebook social junk Im sure you Live for... The folks who sell here and come to sell here   DON"T CARE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry. someone had to say it.. Im out. BTW, this is called an Opinion.