Introducing the New Contributor Dashboard

To be fair, I really like the refreshed design and new options.

However, two things I don't understand at all:

firstly, why did you put profile picture and "completeness" bar at the most  important part of the screen? Screen surface is a limited asset, and you filled it with totally irrelevant info!

And secondly, how/why is "additional resources" more important for us than "Announcements"? Announcements hit us directly most of the time, and additional resources are there if/when somebody wants to learn something, it's not time-critical at all.

Also, why is it decided that photos are more important than videos - almost every option which includes video (even the Pending information) is hidden and demands additional clicks? Why don't you use unnecessary used space (with profile image) and put video information there, to have it side-by-side with the photo info.

And why is number of rejections so important here?

As for things I'd like to see - map is good, location name addition is good, but can we get a list or something, which is not changing automatically line by line? It would be most helpful to get a full insight into this, not just a glance in trivia-like fashion.

• Replies 498
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, new profile page.

1. I want to see previews of Pending files

2. I want more place for recently approved

3. I don't need Additional Resources at all. At least, make it small.

4. Announcements is fine. But nobody will see it

5. Profile block with my logo/face - I don't need it at all. You could make it small and put at the bottom. Useless information.

6. Unpaid Earnings - it's fine when it is a small number on the grey line (please, don't remove it!). I can see it perfectly. Block is completely useless.

7. Earnings Summary. Fine, but must be much smaller. I can't open the page in public place anymore. Also, I just don't need it this big.

8. Monthly Earnings - where is the options? This is so nothing!

9. Map. Map is better (except it cuts the preview). The only better thing. But it must be №1! Why is it 9? This is SS unique feature, everybody loves it! And you put it at the bottom, BELOW THE SCROLL?

10. Sets is fine, because you did not changed it

11. Top performers - actually, great tool. But it needs a lot of work to become really useful.

What can I say... Welcome to the new era of UI fixing userscripts, adblock tuning and third-party analytics! For the last week I found and learned to use A LOT of things, I never heard before. Thanks, Shutterstock!

Agree with almost all of these points. In brief to me the changes seem too focused on overall totals and meta stats rather than the day-to-day tools and activities that I want when I sign in.

Great job, could do with the option for weekly data to go alongside monthly and annual. Should be an easy addition, just different way of slicing and dicing the data. The Pending approval seems dodgy, not showing my current images that are waiting approval.... needs fixing. Oh, and if possible, it would be useful to have earnings from new images back as well. Other than that I like it, only a few minor tweaks needed.

I'm probably looking at another page. Is everyone talking about the same page? I don't say anything anymore...bye

Seeya

I like it too, although it will take a little getting used to.

A small request though, if it's possible to implement easily?

The profile strength at the top of the page tells me I am at 90% and I should add my Social Media accounts. I have added all I have, as I'm not on Tumblr or Google+. Can we have an option to hide this reminder, as I don't like to be constantly prompted  to change something that doesn't need it.

I agree with Rixie!  I'm never going to attach my social media accounts (as those are personal accounts) and i don't need to be told every day that I'm not finished!  I'm finished!

Hello Everyone,

Today we are delighted to announce the introduction of the new redesigned contributor dashboard to provide you with more insight into your sales on Shutterstock.

This new dashboard provides a more detailed, customizable view of your earnings, right from the front page. Using different filters, you can track earnings by content type, by month and by license type.

In addition, we have added a Top 5 Performers right at the heart of your dashboard so you can easily see your most successful images or videos.

Thank you for your continued commitment to Shutterstock. We value your contributions and are proud of the marketplace we are building together.

Thank you

Kate

Please, make the switch between old and new design. Everyone will be able to choose which one to use. I prefer old version

I like it too, although it will take a little getting used to.

A small request though, if it's possible to implement easily?

The profile strength at the top of the page tells me I am at 90% and I should add my Social Media accounts. I have added all I have, as I'm not on Tumblr or Google+. Can we have an option to hide this reminder, as I don't like to be constantly prompted  to change something that doesn't need it.

I agree with this comment.  I have no social media accounts so cannot enter anything.  The site does not have the option of selecting "none" so the completeness will forever stay at 90%.  Could that option be added?  Apart from that, I have no problem with the new format.  Perhaps after a month or so of using it something will come up; but, nothing at first blush.

Hi Kate, I hope you read this message

I want to say that once you make changes that need graphs and statistics on new content, that you did not do and think is not so necessary for contributor. Now we load the new content and it is very inconvenient to keep track of new sales. it is very important for us, both in daily report and on the main page !!!! Why take up all the space is not so useful information for everyday viewing. Revenue for all the time and the most popular pictures and so I could see. 
I hope you take into consideration
Thank you

Seems that i am the only one who prefer previouse version with map  as main object on the screen? For me, for everyday usage, map is much more interesting than those figures in differet views.. As far as i have seen other stock sites, this map was something unique between stock sites. Now map is somewhere down and you have to specially scroll it to see news. ;( This new dashboard with different figures could be choosen as special selection (figures are interesting but not for every loging in the site time), but for main everyday screen on which i'm looking several times a day I would prefer big map.