Introducing the New Contributor Dashboard

Old Post Pete....Things and Opinions change. Honestly I could care less about the Silly unprofessional Dashboard. Sales are My concern going forward And will Be the leading concern in everything we do. what they do visually means nothing. The dilution of the database and where were going to be, means everything.

• Replies 498
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In my opinion, it would make more sense to have the location of the image sold in the daily earnings summary page (rather than on a map) so that it is not just a flashing stat. It would also be interesting/somewhat useful to know what country/location is downloading images most often. I would think that this would be a valuable marketing tool for SS as well. The Stats page could portray this info maybe show number of downloads by location and maybe even the images from that location.

Not Approved...............................Dashboard is very bad,  please resubmitting.

LOL. I think the rejection reason is more along the lines of "Unnacceptable Screen Format - content is too busy and contains repetitious information, is to vague, contains inaccuracies or is not relevant to the needs of the contributor"

Almost Impossible to Submit photos to Shutterstock

I submitted 20 photos, after uploading them for half and hour, half an hour more for tagging

then a 5 day wait.

then a message, that resubmit photos are Illustration

Again I have to upload and tag wait hours

then again wait for 5 days

All this for $0.25

What the HELL !

ShutterStock This was you will be deserted forever by Contributors.

Happy Failure

Cant you bring me back to the upload page where I simple change the Category..

The Moment I edit a photo a little too much, your Bots think its an Illustration !!!

Hi!

Thank you so much for your thoughtful and generous feedback about the new Dashboard!

Our team is carefully collecting your opinions and ideas for future updates.

We’re currently working on updates to the earnings pages based on your recent suggestions. Many of the features you’ve requested will be added as we continue to improve the site experience.

We’re excited to be moving forward with you!

Hi Kate,

it has been 2 weeks since your last update. You said you had forwarded our ideas to your team, I suppose two weeks is long enough to ask about the progress?¨

Are you going to implement some of the reasonable suggestions mentioned in this thread regarding the new Dashboard and new Earnings Summary? If so, is there a time frame for that? For example another week, two weeks, a month or more? 

We would appreciate to know if someone is working on what we suggested and if so, then when we can expect to see the results. Would it be possible, please?

Almost Impossible to Submit photos to Shutterstock

I submitted 20 photos, after uploading them for half and hour, half an hour more for tagging

then a 5 day wait.

then a message, that resubmit photos are Illustration

Again I have to upload and tag wait hours

then again wait for 5 days

All this for $0.25

What the HELL !

ShutterStock This was you will be deserted forever by Contributors.

Happy Failure

Cant you bring me back to the upload page where I simple change the Category..

The Moment I edit a photo a little too much, your Bots think its an Illustration !!!

Here we are talking about something else

Note: Do not underestimate 0.25 cents

​2 weeks with no information,  bravo

New tactics/policies having been practiced for a while now: If they don't answer at all, people will sooner or later get tired of posting and complaining. 

Same thing IS and others started doing years ago.

Too sad which way this company chose to head to. Shutterstock used to be *great* regarding contributor relations and all. Then they replaced their entire team and here we go, hoping for replies we'll never get. :/ 

By the way, the new dashboard has a bug, it does not show number of pending images. It shows 0 but there are pending images waiting review.

Does new design brakes review process?

Another question is is it possible to return back the old space-saving contributor's page??

Or at the least provide an option for contributor to select what to show on the landing page, what to close/open?

No, I don't want to see my "All time total earnings" by default. 

Once I've changed it, I would like the page to retain the change so I don't have to change it every time I go to the page.

No, I don't care about how many Images I've sold because I don't sell images.  I sell videos.  I want to see my video stats, by default.

Once I've changed the preference, I would like the site to retain the change so I don't have to change it every time I go to the page.

I miss the map that showed where recent sales have happened.

I miss the image thumbnails for "ready to submit" and "pending approval".

My profile strength is irrelevant as I can't do more to increase it, so who cares?  Pointless feature.

My top five performers are videos, not images so I would like to see those by default.  I would like the site to remember that preference so I don't have to change it every time...

I can't make sets for videos, so this is another pointless feature taking up screen real estate.

Seeing unpaid earnings twice, one in the body of the page, the other almost immediately above it in the header is redundant.  I only need to see the unpaid earnings in the header.  That would free up space to put some of the more interesting things (like the map and graph of earnings) higher up the page.

Guys, seriously... Please take into consideration PRIVACY concerns.

I work in a shared office space with other people who should not have insight into my earnings each time I open my dashboard page; today I wasn't able to open the dashboard to submit images because too many people were around my desk and I couldn't "reach" the submit page quickly enough... :D Sounds funny, but it actually IS NOT!!!