Introducing the New Contributor Dashboard

• Replies 498
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why are you telling people what they "should" say? Are you for real? Because they have less images in portfolio than you?  I dont like the new design too but I would not mock other contributors for liking it! Unbelievable.....

Sorry, I did not want to hurt anybody's feelings. I just wanted to say that we discussing a tool here. It's not bad if anyone have small or weak port. Maybe this people have cool freelance portfolio or a full-time job. But it only means that he or she don't know what is valuable and useful in our tool, our Dashboard, and what is not. They don't understand, what they loosing with the new design. They can start to work hard and later they will need to see Earnings from New Content graph for a last three months, for example. Now they don't care about such things, but then they will have to pay to third-parties to check this stats.

I probably must leave the thread. Already said too much, made too much noise.

Sorry, I did not want to hurt anybody's feelings. I just wanted to say that we discussing a tool here. It's not bad if anyone have small or weak port. Maybe this people have cool freelance portfolio or a full-time job. But it only means that he or she don't know what is valuable and useful in our tool, our Dashboard, and what is not. They don't understand, what they loosing with the new design. They can start to work hard and later they will need to see Earnings from New Content graph for a last three months, for example. Now they don't care about such things, but then they will have to pay to third-parties to check this stats.

I probably must leave the thread. Already said too much, made too much noise.

How about you stay and keep commenting but lets just not attack each others port size and a right to voice our opinion? We were all newbies once, we all had a small port once... I know many of us are frustrated (including me) because of the recent changes, decreasing sales, little to no communication from SS side and this frustration creates animosity but such comments only derail this thread. Better keep it constructive. The negative feedback prevails and your arguments are vaild. Lets hope it will be heard.

I agree But. Having No Images is the point. having a vested Interest is Much More Important than just anyone who signs up. even if you have only 5 Images. better than None..... My Opinion otherwise we have facebook. Your Port is very cool. Like the figures.

Thank you. Yes, having no images is not the best prerequisite to comment on anything. But legitimate contributors, both with small ports and big ports should comment. More opinions are better than not caring at all. There are tens of thousands of contributors but unfortunately only very small percentage comment here. It doesnt create much pressure on SS to respond.

Thank you. Yes, having no images is not the best prerequisite to comment on anything. But legitimate contributors, both with small ports and big ports should comment. More opinions are better than not caring at all. There are tens of thousands of contributors but unfortunately only very small percentage comment here. It doesnt create much pressure on SS to respond.

It won't make any difference but Agree.As you Know Opinions are Like [You know what]  Everyone has one. Best if there actually accepted contributors with ports large or small.BTW. My dashboard is Dead for the last Hour. No earnings. Nothing except the Map.Good Job.And PM's are still locked up. and the wheel is turning.

Hey dudes!

Who knows how to use this change.org instrument to create a petition against this new terrible design?

English is not my native language, so I can not represent all the points correctly in the petition.
But if somebody can make this and collect all these messages with critiques from this topic, it will be nice and I hope we'll finally get a feedback from SS!

Best regards, Dmitrii. I work with SS from 2007, and I loved previous page, current page is UNFORTUNALLY useless for me.

Hey dudes!

Who knows how to use this change.org instrument to create a petition against this new terrible design?

English is not my native language, so I can not represent all the points correctly in the petition.
But if somebody can make this and collect all these messages with critiques from this topic, it will be nice and I hope we'll finally get a feedback from SS!

Best regards, Dmitrii. I work with SS from 2007, and I loved previous page, current page is UNFORTUNALLY useless for me.

Ha ha. They respond pretty quickly to petitions....I got an email from them within a day or two after starting the last one. Then a phone call. It's very easy to do. Someone should do it. Not me...I'm tired of starting and running petitions.

I join the community in my dislike of new design. It's very inconvinient!

First, as many already said, we don't need Profile Strength and Unpaid Earning blocks at the top. Totally useless!

Second, status and number of uploaded files isn't shown correctly. And why you took away thumbnails?

Third, move Map block to the top and make it show video sales, pls.

And last but not the least. Guys, you say you added more filters to our convinience. So make all those filters remember my settings! Now at every page refresh they switch to default settings, which makes them practically useless, as I have to manually reset all of them every time!

I think that like with any change, SS was expecting some backlash and are expecting the contributors to get used to the new dashboard and quiet down. Eventually, it will happen, but the dashboard will still be bad and uninspiring for work with and SS will have made their happy contributors waste their creative energy fuming over an unfriendly user interface. But the question is...wasn't there a control group to test and give their opinion about the new dashboard? It just seems unbelievable that they would like it in majority. 

Ha ha. They respond pretty quickly to petitions....I got an email from them within a day or two after starting the last one. Then a phone call. It's very easy to do. Someone should do it. Not me...I'm tired of starting and running petitions.

Probably, the main advantage of the petition would be to its brevity and the person does not have to scroll all the 19 pages of this topic, in order to understand what is wrong with new design and what exactly is needed to fix ...
I think for someone, who would like to make a petition, it would be a business just for 10 minutes, also pretty quickly ... It should not be smth extra, just light one ...

Well, many of Contributors would have an opportunity to sign this petition. Because not so many of them visit this forum.

Everything changes, possibly the next petition will reach the right person.

Please, make the switch between old and new design. Everyone will be able to choose which one to use. I prefer old version

This would be a good approach, in the meantime you could also take in consideration our comments.

Most important for me: The total sales and earnings are absolutely useless on front page (unless you've done it on purpose in order to reduce the number of contributors who have permanently open the page in their browser).

What I've missed:

- map on top of the page

- preview of pending files

- weekly stats

Again. Just curious. Im seeing folks posting saying great changes and going whooHoo and One has been here 2 days and another 4 Hours?? whats that about. And Yes...Bla Bla everyone has a say Im for that....But really?

My Last Post on this subject

Bet not... :)