Introducing the New Contributor Dashboard

• Replies 498
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To be honest, I don't care much about the dashboard (although, I like the old one a whole lot more).

But the new daily earning summary page is one of the thing I hate most about Shutterstock nowadays (even more so than the major falling of sales). How am I going to check the performance of my latest uploads? Please return the old one back.

New contributor interface is not good. Earnings summery tab on contributors home page takes too much space and it is not interesting or helpful info at all. It must be at the bottom of the page or must contain useful and important info as This month earnings or pics of the images sold today etc.

Earnings summery page inside is very bad and sad. I have to click 4 to 7 times (!!!) to see which images are sold today...  Previous version of this page was better, because I saw all images sold today on one page with 1 click.

I hate to mention this, but if you imagine that the screen on your computer is eight columns wide, the old map was 4 wide and the new is 3 wide. Old was half the page, the new is 38% of the screen the old was 50%. Yes the images look strange being distorted, and yes it's smaller, but now we can hover over and see what's under the top images, which we couldn't do before. And really - it's not that much smaller?

Those huge earnings summary numbers are absurd. The earnings summary page, is illogical. Totals on top, then the columns and dates. Also doesn't make logical sense, like any ledger or spreadsheet would have totals on the bottom.

Now shows, Date

Total downloads Total earnings Subscription On demand Enhanced Single & other Cart sales Clip packs Downloads Subscription

Footage

Without opening anything new, which is just fine. All sales for a day on one line.

Overall the new pages are an improvement for general information, fast and easy.

Oh and someone else mentioned those "ads" on the left are aggravating. I can ignore them, but I'd also agree. They are additional resources spam boxes, just a waste of space.

Profile strength? Fine 100% does it need to be on top, every time I open the page?

Hey here's my idea. Put the additional resources and my profile status across the bottom, so I can ignore them easier? :D

I like the new look, it's just a little but odd at times. Hopefully like the Earnings Summary page, things will be modified and adjusted.

p.s. *Feb 2017 totals* in https://submit.shutterstock.com/earnings?language=en- incorrect value provided! more that 3 times high... what way it calculated? please AFAP correct all the errors listed in this topic... have You ever tested the product? probably no...

I found... you calculate ALL downloads - as author's as referrals! but this is incorrect! referrals downloads isn't authors!!! pls decrement referrals from totals!

and where is TOTAL quantity of all online works (images & videos ) in my portfolio? or I need to calculate it separately for videos & images?

Hello,

I love the map of the new dashboard and there is a lot of info which is great.  It would be better if the map was at the top instead of the need of scroll down.   I also miss the statistics, I checked on them all the time as it helped me to check successful tags of an image, not only the top performers.  It was shown by date of upload which was helpful to see how the new uploads were doing.

Toc toc! Does anyone listen to us?

That's what I'm saying.. - NON EXISTING feedback... (yawn)

Why are they even bothered to make an announcements here if they don't communicate with us and clearly don't care about out 'valuable opinions' lol))..

I am patiently checking this forum once - twice every day hoping to see at least some respond from SS team. All I see is growing number of pages with roughly 85% negative impression about new dashboard and about 150% negative impression about earning page ))))))

Usability
Main article: Usability

Usability is the extent to which a product can be used by specified users to achieve specified goals with effectiveness, efficiency and satisfaction in a specified context of use.[9]

Usability is attached with all tools used by humans and is extended to both digital and non-digital devices. Thus, it is a subset of user experience but not wholly contained. The section of usability that intersects with user experience design is related to humans' ability to use a system or application. Good usability is essential to a positive user experience but does not alone guarantee it.[10]

CTRL + SHIFT + M in Firefox on desktop computer :-) = this new SS page is for mobile phone not for desktop computer.

Question

Who wil work on mobile phone on SS page?

Hello,

I love the map of the new dashboard and there is a lot of info which is great.  It would be better if the map was at the top instead of the need of scroll down.   I also miss the statistics, I checked on them all the time as it helped me to check successful tags of an image, not only the top performers.  It was shown by date of upload which was helpful to see how the new uploads were doing.

One-post dude, do you have a portfolio?

Well done :-)

I think, two and a bit pages of photos in portfolio does not generate enough stats to operate with. So you can't really tell is it well or not. You should say: "It's cute, but I don't use it anyway, so I don't know is it better or worse". Something like that.

Guys, don't leave likes, say "We don't know". Just like if someone took your hammer away and gave you a rubber duck instead, but you don't know what these items do anyway and just put it one the shelf.

You should say: "It's cute, but I don't use it anyway, so I don't know is it better or worse". Something like that.

Why are you telling people what they "should" say? Are you for real? Because they have less images in portfolio than you?  I dont like the new design too but I would not mock other contributors for liking it! Unbelievable.....

Why are you telling people what they "should" say? Are you for real? Because they have less images in portfolio than you?  I dont like the new design too but I would not mock other contributors for liking it! Unbelievable.....

I agree But. Having No Images is the point. having a vested Interest is Much More Important than just anyone who signs up. even if you have only 5 Images. better than None..... My Opinion otherwise we have facebook. Your Port is very cool. Like the figures.