Introducing the New Contributor Dashboard

• Replies 498
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am not a fan of the New Contributor Dashboard.

Not good:

Monthly earning graph.

Option for more then 12 months graph are gone. I like to see how i doing this year compared with next year(s).

The graph als not working on my tablet (android), not loading.

World map.

The world map is too small and better put them on top of the page.

Additional resources

I don't need this info, especially not on front page and so big (almost 2x bigger then world map now).

Top 5 performers

The stats are nice but i am more interested in how my new images doing.

Almost impossible to follow them now with this new upgrade.

Better more options, top 5 performers past week and month.

Earning summary

Text too big and we all know this is US dollars, put a text somewhere on the page with: all earnings are in US dollars*

Followers

Please bring back this option, one of the best things that is gone.

Found 1 good thing also, The city info of latest downloads.

Yep, SS used to a leader for a while.

Seems like Fotolia/AdobeStock is catching up pretty good now.

While SS sales are only going down plus ''new' design of some pages is rather annoying than useful...
I wouldn't be surprised if F/AS on its way up will meet SS on it's way down somewhere this year...

Back to work now... :mellow:

Just went back and looked at it again.

Yup, freakin' hate it.

If your goal was to get larger contributors to stop uploading in disgust and spend more time complaining in the forums, you reached your goal! Congrats.

I'm off to upload a lot more stuff to your quickly growing competitor.

Can't say that I move somewhere with my uploads, it is impossible for now. But I definitely start to use Microstockr on daily basis. It's kind of more visible. Summing with userscripts over Earnings and adblock over Dashboard - nice solution.

I think it's all cool and new, but cool and new is not what I need. I prefer the old version.

I wish we could have that option like gmail ,etc always provided in new stuff and whatnot,

to allow those who are not interested in the bells and whistles to click a button

to the old simpler version.

I personally am not one for changes when things were already perfect.

Can't say that I move somewhere with my uploads, it is impossible for now. But I definitely start to use Microstockr on daily basis. It's kind of more visible. Summing with userscripts over Earnings and adblock over Dashboard - nice solution.

Yeah. Changed to used a third party app to track my sales and changed my SS landing page to the file submission as that's all I need - sales and uploads. The rest is not relevant to me.

I have only two explanations about new contributor page design:

1. Shutterstock trying to hide detailed earnings from contributors, as well as details about selling\earnings from new content.

2. UI\UX designer and person who accepted this "work" are living in parallel dimension.

Please, if someone from Shutterstock, who have clear head and can make decisions is actually reading this forum, talk and listen to contributors who really uploading content everyday!

We don't need shiny shitty glitter in our eyes, we need detailed statistics, usable minimalistic interface, minimal amount of clicks and pages! No graphics even needed, you can make an excel-like tables with sorting, update it once or twice per day, if it have a huge load impact on your servers, and that's all!

There are a lot of useful critics already in this thread, please, don't ignore people who are working everyday to make new content for you!

I LOVE it!!!  I love being able to see the actual location where someone downloaded my photos from.  I also like being able to see the best sellers without having to scroll through my entire portfolio.  A GREAT change! 

Thanks!

Just imagine, how good could it be, if they could add this functions to previous design! And don't remove all other functions we used.

Things Shutterstock has done recently to kill established contributors' sales:

• Eliminated followers

• Replaced similars by keyword with similars by pixels, resulting in ridiculous "matches" that make no sense to the buyer

• Replaced same artist results with most popular rather than most relevant, resulting in the same images being shown over and over again no matter what the buyer is searching for (Christmas images in February when you're searching for Valentine's Day! Makes perfect sense.)

• Made keywords impossible to copy, so you can't pick them up from your older images...makes submitting more time-consuming

• Neglected to fix bugs (I have to upload vectors 3 times to get one to show up, and jpgs 4 times)

• Replaced sales for the day at a glance with sales for the day spread over dozens of pages, so you have to click dozens of times to see what you could see in one click before.

Please feel free to add things I've forgotten.

• Eliminated followers

• Replaced similars by keyword with similars by pixels, resulting in ridiculous "matches" that make no sense to the buyer

• Replaced same artist results with most popular rather than most relevant, resulting in the same images being shown over and over again no matter what the buyer is searching for (Christmas images in February when you're searching for Valentine's Day! Makes perfect sense.)

• Neglected to fix bugs (I have to upload vectors 3 times to get one to show up, and jpgs 4 times)

• Replaced sales for the day at a glance with sales for the day spread over dozens of pages, so you have to click dozens of times to see what you could see in one click before.

Yes and yes and yes. Those are very good points.  They've done all that, plus they disabled search by contributor's name. 

There's a script that allows to copy keywords for those who are interested, by Deymos.HR, posted in this thread:

https://forums.submit.shutterstock.com/topic/87730-cool-script-print-names-of-download-locations/page-8#entry1593051

• Eliminated followers

• Made keywords impossible to copy, so you can't pick them up from your older images...makes submitting more time-consuming

Perfect My friend. wish I was 20 something again and went Who Hoo On everything internet especially making 25 cents.I would love the new look Because I wouldn't know any better.

Theres another List But we'll wait till later...If there is a later.