Introducing the New Contributor Dashboard

Hello Everyone,

Today we are delighted to announce the introduction of the new redesigned contributor dashboard to provide you with more insight into your sales on Shutterstock.

This new dashboard provides a more detailed, customizable view of your earnings, right from the front page. Using different filters, you can track earnings by content type, by month and by license type.

In addition, we have added a Top 5 Performers right at the heart of your dashboard so you can easily see your most successful images or videos.

Thank you for your continued commitment to Shutterstock. We value your contributions and are proud of the marketplace we are building together.

Thank you

Kate

• Replies 498
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like it too, although it will take a little getting used to.

A small request though, if it's possible to implement easily?

The profile strength at the top of the page tells me I am at 90% and I should add my Social Media accounts. I have added all I have, as I'm not on Tumblr or Google+. Can we have an option to hide this reminder, as I don't like to be constantly prompted  to change something that doesn't need it.

post-1358647-0-17214600-1486656774_thumb.png

This change is great!!! I love it a lot. Upgrade of map is the best with cities and countries of download.

But on mine the number of pending files to approval showing 0 when there is 16 files waiting... 

Still don't like the daily earning page. Please go back to one page!!!

OK, but I think there is room for improvement;

1. I liked the map at the top.  As it is now, you need to scroll down to see it, and you miss the first few dl's, unless you're really fast.

2.  I miss seeing pending images at a glance.

3. "unpaid earnings" doesn't need such a big box, as it's already neatly tucked in right upper corner.

Hello Everyone,

Today we are delighted to announce the introduction of the new redesigned contributor dashboard to provide you with more insight into your sales on Shutterstock.

This new dashboard provides a more detailed, customizable view of your earnings, right from the front page. Using different filters, you can track earnings by content type, by month and by license type.

In addition, we have added a Top 5 Performers right at the heart of your dashboard so you can easily see your most successful images or videos.

Thank you for your continued commitment to Shutterstock. We value your contributions and are proud of the marketplace we are building together.

Thank you

Kate

Kate,

Thanks for the announcement.

New Dashboard looks good!

I guess it will take some time to test it and to see and understand what benefits our work and what not. So far I like it!

Not sure if we need the TOTAL EARNING that big or if we need it on the front at all. Don't see the point.

Talking about sales on Shutterstock. I got about %40 drop in my earning since November.  I'm afraid I won't need much insights into my sales soon due to not a great deal of sales.

Talking about how much you value contributors. It is certainly nice to hear from you again. Perhaps you will find few minutes to read contributors opinion and suggestions on Refreshed Earnings Pages Coming Soon

Contributors simply don't like it and don't find it useful or handy. The same about new Top sellers - we can't see the selling stats for the new content anymore.

Kate, PLEASE, bring the old pages back. Or at least respond and tell us that you guys are working on it.

Many Thanks for your work!

ok, i like it, even tho im used to old one, but still one complain - pending approval/not yet submitted/recent rejections are missing thumbnails. Also, something happened with map, it is less clear and transparent with all last 10 downloads and, some IPs are different. for instance, i have someone from same ip downloading regulary from me, now, their downloads are spread all over the map (which essentially doesnt make difference in earnings, but still its nice to know when same buyer is downloading pics). Also, it would be nice to make font smaller and to bring map on the top of the page like it used to be.

Map is to messy right now, and it should be on the top of  the page

Edited by HiddenCatch

It looks nice, but there are some things that were better in the old version or could be improved:

• It's too big to fit on the screen, I'm forced to scroll down to e.g. see how my sets are performing.
  • There's no way any more to see how new files are performing (the ability to show downloads from files uploaded the last 3 / 6 months is gone).
  • It does not remember settings I choose. I'd like to show the current month's earnings in the "earnings summary", but that choice is gone again if I leave the site and reopen it.

Some proposals:

• Make the screen setting configurable (what parts to display where on the screen) and provide an ability to save those individual settings
  • Provide a list of last downloads, with the most recent one on top. Currently it's hard to quickly see new sales.
  • Provide a simple list of the whole portfolio, sortable by downloads, money earned, date uploaded (like the "top performers" but sortable by all columns and including files without sales)

where is "earnings" by new files? It's help to know how to work in future

I miss the images of "pending of aproval and not yet submited"  go to "Approval Status" is a very old idea. I prefer old page, list of pending images, edit or delete. Because if you make 4 diferent uploads and you have to edit/delete/release files you need to move over a text list with no images (very bad idea)

with all changes, desktop and ernings table....How many contributors has been consulted. In general (in my opinion) the changes has been made by designers not by contributors.It's as if the design was more important than utility.

I dont like the new design. The only positive thing is that the map is showing cities now.

Where can I see earnings weekly? There are no preview in pending and to be submitted images. I dont need to see my total earnings everytime. And I dont need my 5 top performers on the first site. The statistic is not contributer friendly now, I can not analyse quickly, how good the sales of new images are.

The new design may look well but is totally not contributer friendly!

Please bring the old version back or change this design

Bluntly put, as the old saying goes, "If it ain't broke don't fix it."  I regret to say the new earnings page is really horrible, confusing, and takes more clicks and time

to utilise.  Why photo stock agencies keep playing with their websites and making them more cumbersome is a total mystery to me.  Sorry, but this is NOT an improvement for Shutterstock contributors, it is a nuisance and not at all useful.

Why??? Why you made this? No week statistics, no portfolio views, no referrals, no previews of uploaded and submitted files, but giant numbers of All time earnings/downloads and it necessary to scroll to see the map! Totally dislike! :angry:

Agree. Previous design was more informative.

Once again. Why trying to fix what isn't broken?

Also tab "Additional resources" takes a quarter of the page, though it not even related to sales.

Leave those blogs out of contributor page (it's interesting but it's not necessary for daily view/ isn't statistics)... and bing back weekly sales and visits.

...I would prefer without too big Blog announcements. Perhaps if you could move it in the bottom it will be better...

...Also it would be nice to see the monthly earning a bit more further back than just 12 months.

Now contributors can't get upset when they see that their monthly earnings from few years ago were way higher than now! lol))

On the other side... We are writing our comments and opinions here... I'm wondering if does it really matter?)))

The other hot topic got 16+ pages just in few days. And still no respond on that subject...

Meh... <_<

Ok, new profile page.

1. I want to see previews of Pending files

2. I want more place for recently approved

3. I don't need Additional Resources at all. At least, make it small.

4. Announcements is fine. But nobody will see it

5. Profile block with my logo/face - I don't need it at all. You could make it small and put at the bottom. Useless information.

6. Unpaid Earnings - it's fine when it is a small number on the grey line (please, don't remove it!). I can see it perfectly. Block is completely useless.

7. Earnings Summary. Fine, but must be much smaller. I can't open the page in public place anymore. Also, I just don't need it this big.

8. Monthly Earnings - where is the options? This is so nothing!

9. Map. Map is better (except it cuts the preview). The only better thing. But it must be №1! Why is it 9? This is SS unique feature, everybody loves it! And you put it at the bottom, BELOW THE SCROLL?

10. Sets is fine, because you did not changed it

11. Top performers - actually, great tool. But it needs a lot of work to become really useful.

What can I say... Welcome to the new era of UI fixing userscripts, adblock tuning and third-party analytics! For the last week I found and learned to use A LOT of things, I never heard before. Thanks, Shutterstock!